• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Cracking - Is Replacement Needed?

In summary, one of the conversation participants has a cracked DCB and is wondering if it is covered under warranty. Others advise her to get it replaced as it is not safe to use and may lead to sudden breakage. They also give tips on how to ship the DCB back to the company for replacement. It is suggested to call customer service and provide name and approximate date of purchase for them to locate the order. However, it is not guaranteed that they will be able to find the order without the consultant number and show date.
andrealynne719
One of my friends (not a host of mine, but actually the host of the first PC party I went to!) has the DCB, and it's started cracking - it's not very noticeable, but she's afraid to use it. It sounds like it's just in the inner part - not all the way through to the outside. I told her I'd ask about it - anyone seen this happen? Is it still safe? Or should she replace it? She's had less than a year and this definitely isn't a dropped DCB situation, so I'm guessing it should be covered?

Yes, she should do an adjustment. Cracks will only get worse and no, it isn't safe!

Cracks will usually lead to a sudden break or even an "explosion" if you will, typically when going from one temperature to another (either from the kitchen to the oven, or oven to the kitchen). It becomes the weak point.
My SIL had that happen- stuck a stone in the oven, which apparently it had a small crack in it, and she said it just exploded in the oven.Definitely get it replaced.

Forgot to say - she should send it with delivery confirmation. Sad to say, HO has "lost" three of my returns until I provided proof of delivery.

That DCB is heavy. If she has PayPal she can buy postage online at a much better rate. It's how I ship my host packets & own personal packages. Purchased online, Delivery Confirmation is 19 cents. Retail is 80 cents or more.
http://www.paypal.com/shipnow

edit - She should ask if she can just send the cracked piece, which I assume is the bottom. Many folks here have asked if anyone has an extra lid. You could sell it here for her to recoup the return shipping cost, if you have time for that level of customer service (since she's a friend and you're not the consultant who sold it to her anyway).

My cousin currently has the same problem. She got hers last year right before it went hostess only and just before I started selling. I told her to get that consultant on the phone and get her return processed(of course she can't find her receipt) ASAP! She uses her DCB like it's going out of style.

She can call HO CS and they can find her order. They can find customers by their name if the purchase was in the last couple of years. They generally only ask for a receipt if it is a return or exchange for cash or different product. When it's a guarantee issue they dont usually ask for a receipt any more.

Good to know Beth. The last time I called for a personal warranty claim they asked me for a show number or consultant number. I wouldn't have known either of those if I hadn't kept my receipt. I didn't know it had changed, but I will let her know in case she hasn't called about it yet.

BethCooks4U said:
She can call HO CS and they can find her order. They can find customers by their name if the purchase was in the last couple of years. They generally only ask for a receipt if it is a return or exchange for cash or different product. When it's a guarantee issue they dont usually ask for a receipt any more.

This isn't always true. It sometimes depends on the CS Rep. I've called and not been able to get anywhere because I didn't have the Consultant # and show date. I had the Consultant's NAME I believe, but not her #, and she was no longer a consultant. I had the host name (or one of two it could have been). Anyway, they weren't much help.
And I'm always asked for the receipt to be included. They have told me that they do not keep record of the guest name on items ordered for a show- just the host. Unless it is a Lifetime guarantee, which they do keep the info.

BUT that doesn't mean you can't call and try! You might get lucky. :D

esavvymom said:
This isn't always true. It sometimes depends on the CS Rep. I've called and not been able to get anywhere because I didn't have the Consultant # and show date. I had the Consultant's NAME I believe, but not her #, and she was no longer a consultant. I had the host name (or one of two it could have been). Anyway, they weren't much help.
And I'm always asked for the receipt to be included. They have told me that they do not keep record of the guest name on items ordered for a show- just the host. Unless it is a Lifetime guarantee, which they do keep the info.

BUT that doesn't mean you can't call and try! You might get lucky. :D

Wierd. They do ask me the show number if I call in an adjustment on an order placed through me but I have helped customers plenty of times without the info. Of course they prefer to have the consultant name/number/show number/date/host because it makes it much easier for them to look up then but I have gotten adjustments put through with just the guest name.

I always try to get as much info as I can from the guest regarding the purchase. They can usually figure out an approximate time and who the host was.

BethCooks4U said:
Wierd. They do ask me the show number if I call in an adjustment on an order placed through me but I have helped customers plenty of times without the info. Of course they prefer to have the consultant name/number/show number/date/host because it makes it much easier for them to look up then but I have gotten adjustments put through with just the guest name.

I always try to get as much info as I can from the guest regarding the purchase. They can usually figure out an approximate time and who the host was.

I know. That's why I think it's worth a shot! We all know that some CS Reps are a bit more resourceful than others, too. ;)

You don't actually have to send the whole stone, they will accept a palm size piece of a broken stone.

1. What is DCB cracking and why does it happen?

DCB cracking is a common issue that occurs with our Deep Covered Baker (DCB) product. It happens when the clay used to make the baker expands and contracts during heating and cooling, causing small cracks to appear on the surface. This is a natural process and does not affect the functionality of the product.

2. Is DCB cracking covered under warranty?

Yes, DCB cracking is covered under our lifetime guarantee. If your DCB develops cracks, we will replace it for free. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I still use my DCB if it has cracks?

Yes, you can still use your DCB even if it has cracks. The cracks will not affect the performance of the product. However, if you are concerned about the appearance, you can contact us for a replacement.

4. Can I prevent DCB cracking from happening?

While DCB cracking is a natural occurrence, there are some steps you can take to reduce the chances of it happening. Make sure to always preheat your DCB before adding food, avoid extreme temperature changes, and avoid using metal utensils in the baker.

5. How do I clean my DCB?

Cleaning your DCB is easy. Simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. You can also use our Nylon Pan Scraper to remove any stuck-on food. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pampchefsarah