• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . .

In summary, the DCB is cracked, and the crack goes all the way through from the inside to the outside. I'm afraid to use it, as I'd worry about bacteria building up in the crack - or the piece exploding during cooking.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
My DCB is cracked, and the crack goes all the way through from the inside to the outside. I'm afraid to use it, as I'd worry about bacteria building up in the crack - or the piece exploding during cooking.

I called HO and was told to mail a piece back to them, and they'd send me a replacement. Here's where my dilemma comes in. Even though it's cracked, and thus unsafe for food, it is still in one piece. The thought of smashing it breaks my heart (did I mention how much I love the DCB??). I would rather keep it intact and use if for a planter or a decorative piece. The thought of breaking just the lid also ocurred to me (and causes the same heart pain), but it would be handy to have an extra lid, in case something happens to the new one.

What's a consultant to do? I have a legitimate reason to request a replacement (and am really missing being able to use the DCB), but just can't bring myself to break it into pieces.

Would anyone out there happen to have a piece of cranberry DCB they'd be willing to send me? I don't know how else to resolve this, other than out-and-out paying for a replacement.

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. We work for the best company and basically they are giving you a NEW one because your old one "broke". Its only fair they have a piece bc if they made an exception for you they'd have to make exceptions a lot. I'd save the lid and just break the baker part. Eventually it will break, and you don't know == it might not even be able to withhold a lot of soil for planting. You've got to face the inevitable----its gotta be broken!

Sorry! Prob not what you wanted to hear ;)

I would save the lid (since it's not cracked) and break off a part of the baker...sorry!

I know how you feel...mine has a VERY SMALL crack in the top part of the baker...on the "lip" and I don't know if I should mess around with getting it replaced, or what to do...

I was thinking of calling and asking if I could just send a picture of the crack - but, Vanessa, I know you're right, they can't make exceptions.

Well, one thing I know, my kids will have fun getting me a piece to mail!!!

Take some pics of the kids bashing it----its the ONE and ONLY time you'll allow it. ;)

Make sure they wear eye protection.....

Um...be sure to cover it with a towel when breaking. I am sure you know this...but I am saying it anyways!

Resident "moms" were thinking the same thing!!

If you have an old pillow case or a sturdy garbage bag, bag it in that and break it so the pieces don't fly everywhere. Sorry you have to break it...it stinks, but at least you will have a beautiful brand new one!

Mine is cracked too. Although not enough for me to stop using it. but I don't want to break it either. :(

wrap it in newspaper and wack it w/a hammer!

The same thing happened to me a few months ago. Too bad yours didn't break then since I had a whole bunch of pieces. ;) I put mine in a plastic bag and dropped it on the concrete outside. It actually took a few drops to get it to break into a small enough piece (and it was LOUD). I kept the lid in case my new one breaks.

I had my boyfriend break mine b/c I couldn't do it myself. :)

Hope the turnaround time on the replacement is fast--I know how much I would miss mine! Remember, the sooner you send it the sooner you will get it back (trying to think positive!)

When I have to do something like this I turn the dirty work over to The Furry Guy. He's not emotionally attached to stoneware, and he uses the leftover pieces for drainage in flower pots.

Jewel said:
Mine is cracked too. Although not enough for me to stop using it. but I don't want to break it either. :(

Send it back while it's still under warranty! If it's cracked it could totally come apart in the oven and you'd also have to deal with a mess.

I love my DCB too but get over it - it's a clay pot - and you're gonna get a nice new one soon! :p

I say try and break a small piece from the bottom, you will have a peice to send in and a drain hole for your new pot!!

Last edited:
do you have anything that you are frustrated about at the moment? that is what I LOVE about stoneware, you have to send back a palm size peice. SO you have to break it further...if you are mad or frustrated about anything, work yourself up and WHAM!!! Break the stone...It is actually a really good feeling!!

Break it, break it

My man decided to heat up some leftovers in the DCB by placing it on the stove. Needless to say it cracked it pretty good. I just broke down and ordered a new one with him footing the bill. I have my DCB back and the dogs have a pretty cranberry food bowl. Happy Ending :)

What is "Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . ."?

"Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . ." is a popular cookbook by Pampered Chef featuring unique and creative recipes for everyday meals and special occasions.

What sets "Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . ." apart from other cookbooks?

This cookbook stands out for its innovative and unexpected recipe combinations, as well as its emphasis on using Pampered Chef products to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

Are the recipes in "Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . ." difficult to make?

No, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be simple and easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and tips to help even inexperienced cooks create delicious meals.

Can I use ingredients other than Pampered Chef products in the recipes?

Yes, while the cookbook does highlight the use of Pampered Chef products, you can easily substitute other brands or ingredients in the recipes without affecting the outcome.

Is "Ok, You're Going to Think I'm Crazy, but . . ." suitable for all dietary restrictions?

While the cookbook does not specifically cater to any dietary restrictions, it does offer a variety of recipes that can be easily modified to fit specific dietary needs. Additionally, many of the recipes can be made vegetarian or vegan with simple substitutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • taterbug
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • Melissa78