• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid

In summary, a customer had a broken lid for their cranberry DCB and was told by HO that it was not a warranty issue. After speaking to the consultant and director, they were still told the same thing. The customer was only able to get a replacement lid if they sent the old one back, but unfortunately the customer had thrown it away. It was suggested to have the customer call HO for guarantee issues and to save any broken parts for future replacements. Other customers have had success with only sending back the damaged part and receiving a whole new product. The original poster will be giving the customer their new lid and was wondering if they would still need to send back the old one.
JennLizFran
Gold Member
Hello all! A few weeks ago I posted about being in need of a DCB lid in cranberry and everyone said just call HO, they'll send out a whole new one. Well I have talked to HO twice now and first they said this was not a warranty issue and would not send out a new one. Then I spoke with my recruiter who was actually the consultant on the sale, and they told her they would but first she needed to send back the old one, but of course the customer threw away the broken lid, and they won't accept just the bottom portion. So, I spoke with my director, and she again is telling me this is not a warranty issue! She has only had the DCB for about 3 1/2 months! What do I do? Does anyone have an extra lid they'd be willing to sell? I just ordered a cranberry DCB, so I'll probably give her the lid off mine when it comes, but I'll still need a replacement for me!

I'm curious as to why they say it isn't a guarantee issue. What happened to the lid?

Jenn- since yours will be w/in 30 days you shouldn't need to send yours back.

The lid cracked when she was cleaning it. She barely tapped it against the faucet and it broke. It must have already had a hairline crack in order for this to happen. And she'd had it for such a short period of time, that I think they should replace it as a show of goodwill if nothing else

Ooo...so I should just be able to do an online adjustment for mine and they'll just ship out a new one? No questions asked? That would be great!

Did you call HO for the replacement, or did the customer? If the customer called, you may not be getting the whole story. If the customer was cleaning it before it was completely cooled, and it cracked because of that, that's not covered under the guarantee.

Sometimes it's easier to have the customer call HO for guarantee issues because they know the right questions to ask, and also know how to explain to the customer if the guarantee doesn't cover their item. That way you also don't look like the bad guy, because you're not the one giving the bad news.

JennLizFran said:
Ooo...so I should just be able to do an online adjustment for mine and they'll just ship out a new one? No questions asked? That would be great!

I wouldn't do the adj online, b/c then they MIGHT ask for the whole thing back! I'd just call them and tell them you need the LID ONLY- tell them yours arrived chipped or something. Plus otherwise you'll end up with an extra DCB base, which may not be a bad thing, but I'm a fan of only getting replacements of what I actually need & not the whole thing :p

She really only wanted the lid anyways. She assumed she could just buy a new lid (and being new I thought I could do, just as a replacement parts order).

This is one of those times when in the future if I do any adjustments on the lids.......I will store the rest of the broken parts, so if a customer throws it away, I can pull a piece out and give to her to send back in..... even though at EVERY show I do I tell people if it breaks save a palm sized piece, I either get calls a threw whole thing away or they've saved everything.

Hopefully someone can help you out.

Lisa

They won't replace just the lid. I had a customer call me because her DCB lid arrived with some chips in it. When I did the adjustment they said at this time they don't have just the lid available and that they'd send her an entire new DCB and a shipping label for her to return hers.

In several cases where there were multiple parts to a product, I have only sent the damaged part i.e. the cutting board with measures in - just sent back the base on which the feet had come off. They sent an entirely new, blister sealed board with all the inserts. One time it was the Chillzane rectangle server and the egg tray leaked. I sent that part, and they replaced the entire product. So you are right, Lisa, just a piece of the shard on stoneware products will do it.

Ok, well seh threw away the lid. I just recieved my new one today, and am going to give her the lid from it. Since it's within my 30 days, will they ask me to return it? And if so, can I just get hubby to break a piece off the body and mail that to them?

I still don't understand why they aren't offering to replace the entire DCB for her! I don't know about you guys, but I can't clean my stone pieces if they aren't cool enough-because they are too hot to handle! So I doubt she was washing it when it was still hot...I think I'd try HO again and run it up the chain! If that doesn't work, have the customer call *But don't TELL her what they've said- so she's not going in with her defenses way up. . They may be more willing to please HER than you. I wouldn't break MY DCB or give her my lid JUST yet. To me, 3 1/2 months- there's no reason they shouldn't take it back. And if they need a piece of stone, then let her break her base - but only if they are giving her a new one entirely. But from what you are saying so far, nothing sounds like a "non-warranty" issue to me.

It's already been several weeks, so she's already annoyed. And to be honest, I'm really sick of dealing with HO. I've been doing this for barely more than 30 days and they have been a huge pain to deal with!
She's a good friend of mine too. I have another DCB, I just got the cranberry one with my free stoneware. I figured for free I might as well get the most expensive item...haha! Can't hurt to have 2! So I won't be without one in the meantime. But someone mentioned yesterday that within 30 days they won't make you return the broken item?

That's why when I call in a cracked/broken stone (or whatever) I just give BASIC info to HO, like the DCB has a large crack...etc. I don't get into HOW they cracked it...just that it developed a crack. This way, there's no back and forth conversation as to whether or not the issue is covered under the "warranty conditions".

Go this route next time and you will have a way easier time making the adjustments for your customers :)

Jenn, I DO have an extra cranberry DCB lid!! I'd be more than happy to send it to you for free, if you or the customer just cover the postage. PM me with the address and I'll try to get it out Tuesday (sorry, it's too late today, and the PO is closed Monday for the holiday).

The only problem is, the lids are not a uniform size (didn't realize this until I received my replacement DCB), so can't guarantee it will secure fit your customer's DCB.

Jenn!!!! I not only have a spare Cranberry DCB lid - but

<<<<<<LOOK WHERE I LIVE!!!! Call me 540-439-0504 so we can make arrangements to meet. I have no reason to keep the lid, so I'll be happy to give it to you for free.

JennLizFran said:
It's already been several weeks, so she's already annoyed. And to be honest, I'm really sick of dealing with HO. I've been doing this for barely more than 30 days and they have been a huge pain to deal with!
She's a good friend of mine too. I have another DCB, I just got the cranberry one with my free stoneware. I figured for free I might as well get the most expensive item...haha! Can't hurt to have 2! So I won't be without one in the meantime. But someone mentioned yesterday that within 30 days they won't make you return the broken item?

Don't give them so much information. Just tell them it broke and ask for a replacement. You wouldn't have gotten such a hassle if you hadn't told them the whole story or if you had just done the adjustment online.

pampchefsarah said:
Jenn!!!! I not only have a spare Cranberry DCB lid - but

<<<<<<LOOK WHERE I LIVE!!!! Call me 540-439-0504 so we can make arrangements to meet. I have no reason to keep the lid, so I'll be happy to give it to you for free.

That would be awesome!!! I'm calling you now!

Thanks again Sarah! My customer was so excited to have her lid and be able to use her DCB again! She's making dinner in it tomorrow! And I'm thrilled not to have to deal with HO anytime soon! (Fingers crossed!)

I'm thrilled I had the opportunity to help you out AND meet you in person! Hope you can make it to the meeting on Monday.

I just love happy endings!!!​
:)

I am a new consultant and i hit my 1250 in the thirty days, well i just received my DCB and it had a crack in the lid. I called HO and they are sending me a label to mail back my DCB and they are already sending me my new one. Its a small chip/crask but i didnt want to chance it getting worse. The rep was very nice and apologized. Ive actually been having many issues with having to place product adjustments with 2 out of 4 shows i have had. the first one was missing pan scrapers. i did a product adj and got the conf email, and then they sent a mini whipper intead of the scrapers. haha there is more too....they prob think im crazy :)

I sent a show on the 15th. I opened the DCB and it was chipped...I did online adjustment they said not to return it would send another one...2nd one arrived this week and the top of the baker is severely scratched. So now I have to do another adjustment. This is ridiculous. I have never had this kind of problem before but this past year I have had to do a lot of adjustments.

HO always replaced the whole item if it is under warrantee...not sure why they do that but it has been standard procedure for the past 9 years I have been a consultant.

I made an adjustment where they sent me the Small Scraper instead of the Classic Scraper and they made me return it before they would send out the correct one! Now that was ridiculous! It was within 30 days and they sent me a label but I think it sure cost them more than telling me to keep it since they sent the wrong thing! This was an online adjustment too!

Other than the DCB lid issue, I got a broken grater in my new consultant kit. I called for a replacement and they sent me a Madoline, when I called again, they said I would have to pay shipping to send back both the grater and mandoline before they would send out a new grater! No way! Luckily, my director was able to take care of this for me.

JennLizFran said:
Other than the DCB lid issue, I got a broken grater in my new consultant kit. I called for a replacement and they sent me a Madoline, when I called again, they said I would have to pay shipping to send back both the grater and mandoline before they would send out a new grater! No way! Luckily, my director was able to take care of this for me.

Fortunately, your director took care of it. To ask you to pay shipping for these products is inexcusable. Sometimes it depends on the representative you are speaking to. If you are ever unhappy with the response you get, always ask (with a smile on your face, of course!), if there is a supervisor there that you can talk to.

1. What is the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid made of?

The Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid is made of stoneware, which is a durable and heat-resistant material.

2. Can the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid be used in the oven?

Yes, the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid is oven-safe up to 450°F.

3. Does the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid fit all sizes of the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid is designed to fit all sizes of the Deep Covered Baker.

4. Is the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. Can I use the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid in the microwave?

No, the Replacement Deep Covered Baker Lid is not safe for use in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • minirottie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • newtopamperedchef