• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Dcb Recipes for Show With Oven

In summary, the host's boss is insisting on seeing the DCB cookbook, which she has not seen before... but every recipe suggested is knocked down. The best idea so far is to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven and to make a slaw on the side.
nikked
Gold Member
I have a new to me host (who also happens to be hubby's new boss, which makes things a little sticky), who absolutely refuses to let me do a microwave recipe, but is insisting on seeing the DCB (which she has not seen before...it's been around 7 years since she last had or was at a show)...

In the DCB cookbook, I found 4 recipes that would cook in the oven in 30 minutes or less, but they were all appetizers... was wondering if anyone had a recipe that is not in the cookbook that would work.

I am at a loss. Every recipe I suggest is knocked down.

:rolleyes:Please don't tell me how I need to take control... I know that, but again, I'm in a tight spot here due to her being hubby's boss. :yuck:

Thanks!

I had to do Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven once because we discovered after I got to the host's house that the microwave wasn't big enough. You can use canned or precooked chicken (have the host do this before you get there) and then after you assemble, throw it in the oven until it's hot.

Do a lava cake in the oven. Just cook at regular baking time.

Or, put a 1 lb. pork loin in it, put it in the oven seasoned when you arrive. Then you can make bbq sauce, chop the pork with the salad choppers, and serve pulled pork sandwiches.

What sort of recipes is she interested in/suggesting?

That's the kicker here... no matter what I suggest (salads, pasta dishes, etc.) it's been shut down. And I could do any number of things with DCB in the microwave or utilizing another main product, but NOPE. She wants DCB in the Oven (which I prefer, at home, I rarely use it in the microwave, but the recipes I make all take a while to prep and/or to cook).

I like the idea of the pork loin, and maybe making a slaw on the side (I love BBQ with slaw)... I think that's the best idea so far outside of the appetizers I already sent her. I'll see what she says when we talk tomorrow.

1. What is Dcb and how is it used in Pampered Chef recipes?

Dcb stands for Deep Covered Baker, which is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, or even on the grill. It is commonly used in Pampered Chef recipes for its ability to cook foods evenly and retain moisture.

2. Can Dcb be used in any type of oven?

Yes, Dcb can be used in any type of oven, including gas, electric, and convection ovens. Just make sure to follow the temperature and cooking time guidelines in the recipe for best results.

3. Are there any special care instructions for using Dcb in the oven?

To ensure the longevity of your Dcb, it is recommended to always preheat the oven before placing the dish inside. Also, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot Dcb directly into a cold sink, as this can cause the stoneware to crack.

4. Can Dcb be used to cook multiple dishes at once in the oven?

Yes, Dcb can be used to cook multiple dishes at once in the oven. However, make sure to leave enough space between the dishes for proper air circulation and even cooking.

5. Can Dcb be used to freeze and reheat meals?

Yes, Dcb can be used to freeze and reheat meals. It is recommended to let the dish thaw before placing it in the oven to reheat. Also, avoid placing a frozen Dcb directly into a hot oven, as this can cause the stoneware to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefgoesPamperedChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • twinkie10