• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help with a Gluten-Free Recipe? Here Are Some Ideas!

In summary, the conversation is about a host wanting to make a gluten-free recipe for her party at her mother's house. The person providing the summary suggests using a Pampered Chef Peanut Butter Spritz Cookie recipe. They also mention using a prep bowl to melt the chocolate for the recipe and using metal baking sheets instead of stoneware for those with nut allergies. The conversation also includes a discussion about using separate pans and utensils for those with celiac disease.
maddy123
I have a host having her party at her moms and asked if we could do a gluten free recipe, we cannot use the DCB as she has a tiny microwave, any ideas would be appreciated, I would like to use the cookie press but cant quite imagine cookies without flour,
also have large round and bar pan stones, I really am not familiar with gluten free diets and would love to please this host and show her mom a delicious recipe she could make.
TIA

There is a great Pampered Chef Peanut Butter Spritz Cookie recipe that is Gluten Free!

It's just Peanut Butter, Sugar, Egg...maybe vanilla - let me see if I can find it!

Okay - here you go!

Easy Peanut Butter Presses

1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
2 Tbls peanuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sugar and egg. Add peanut butter; mix until blended. Fit Cookie Press with desired disk, making sure the number on the disk is facing outward, away from the dough. Fill Cookie Press with dough. Press dough onto Rectangle Stone, 1 inch apart. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set and light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes on baking stone. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Place chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20 second interval. Drizzle chocolate over cookies; sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

O Thank you!!
I have the new cookie sheet as well so I will use that, I do not have the micro cooker but can maybe use a prep bowl to mic chocolate?
Do you need to add butter or anything with the chocolate or just by themselves?
Thank you very much!

maddy123 said:
O Thank you!!
I have the new cookie sheet as well so I will use that, I do not have the micro cooker but can maybe use a prep bowl to mic chocolate?
Do you need to add butter or anything with the chocolate or just by themselves?
Thank you very much!

I think a prep bowl would work just fine for melting the chocolate, and no, you don't need to add anything else to it.

Have fun with your show! :thumbup:

Would this be one, you'd need to make sure you use pans and utensils that haven't touch flour before??

Just wondering as I've got a hostess who wants me to do something glueten free in Nov. and I was goign to play with new cookie press, but won't if I can't do this recipe at her show.

Thanks,

Lisa

PERSONALLY ... going by the nut allergy rule ... I would only use metal baking sheets, as these are washed with soap, as opposed to stoneware, because the nut oils can forever reside on the stone. Don't know if it works the same way with flour or not.There is also a wonderful recipe for Harvest Chicken Salad ... uses a TON of tools, including the salad spinner, stoneware in the oven to toast pecans (my host got the wrong kind of syrup and it was a disaster!) cutting board, cutlery and citrus press. See if it's in the files ... if not, I may still have it at home.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Would this be one, you'd need to make sure you use pans and utensils that haven't touch flour before??

Just wondering as I've got a hostess who wants me to do something glueten free in Nov. and I was goign to play with new cookie press, but won't if I can't do this recipe at her show.

Thanks,

Lisa

No - I don't think gluten-free is the same as nut free. Nuts have oils that transfer, flours don't. I've done a lot of cooking for other people as a personal chef, and I've never had anyone on a gluten-free diet say anything about needing to use separate pans or utensils. I've cooked for people who have children who can't even be in the same room as an open jar of peanut butter...

Plus, I've never heard of someone with a gluten allergy going into anaphylactic (sp?) shock from a taste of wheat flour...while a gluten allergy is/can be a serious health issue, I don't think it's as immediately dangerous as a nut allergy can be.

If you're doing gluten free cooking on the stoneware that has had gluten already cooked on it, please don't. It's on the same premesis of a nut allergy and cross contamination. One of my consultants is celiac and cannot use a peice of stoneware that is already "contaminated" with gluten. If someone has celiac, it's not an allergy, but can damage the lining of a persons stomach and can cause them to get severly ill for several days. If it's an allergy, then the normal allergic reactions can occure (swelling of the throat, etc).

If all you have is the stoneware, either use parchment or aluminum foil on the stoneware to prevent cross contamination.

Another recipe that you could make is the Cheeseburger salad. You could toast the croutons and keep them separate for those who want them.

Depending on where you live you can also find gluten-free pasta, flour, and cake and cookie mixes quite easily now. If you have a Trader Joe's they have a good assortment of gluten-free items, as should most health food stores and any well-stocked "regular" grocery store. Also, if the host herself is not the one who is sensitive to gluten, remind her to check the labels if the recipe requires anything canned or otherwise processed for hidden gluten.
Also, many people are not aware that gluten is not only in wheat, it is in a number of grains, so double check a grain before you go with it. There are loads of resources online to help you.

1. How can I make a gluten-free version of my favorite recipe?

There are many gluten-free substitutes available, such as gluten-free flour blends, almond flour, or coconut flour. You can also try using gluten-free oats or quinoa as a base for your recipe. Experiment with different options to find the best fit for your recipe.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the cooking time or temperature when using gluten-free ingredients?

In most cases, you can follow the same cooking instructions as you would with regular ingredients. However, some gluten-free flours may require a longer cooking time or a slightly lower temperature. It's always best to check the package instructions or do a quick online search for specific adjustments.

3. How can I prevent my gluten-free baked goods from being dry or crumbly?

Gluten-free flours don't have the same binding properties as wheat flour, which can result in dry or crumbly baked goods. To prevent this, you can add xanthan gum or guar gum to your recipe as a binder. You can also try using slightly less flour and adding an extra egg or liquid to the recipe.

4. Are there any common kitchen tools or appliances that I should avoid using for gluten-free cooking?

If you are cooking for someone with celiac disease or a severe gluten intolerance, it's essential to use separate kitchen tools and appliances to prevent cross-contamination. This includes toasters, cutting boards, and baking sheets. It's also a good idea to thoroughly clean any shared equipment before using it for gluten-free cooking.

5. Can I use regular recipes and just substitute gluten-free ingredients?

In some cases, you may be able to substitute gluten-free ingredients in a regular recipe. However, it's essential to keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different. It's often best to look for specific gluten-free recipes to ensure the best results. You can also try reaching out to the recipe creator for any tips or recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • ritabenson