• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB for Frozen Foods: Tips and Tricks for Cooking Delicious Meals on the Fly

In summary, the DCB is a great way to cook frozen food. It takes a little bit more time than just using a microwave, but the end result is always worth it.
Tams
Gold Member
Has anyone used the DCB to cook frozen foods (i.e. chicken, ground beef, etc.)? I have someone who is single and usually cooks on the fly which means a lot of fast food. She is thinking of buying a DCB, but only if she can use it to cook (microwave) with frozen foods. I have not tried any of my DCB recipes with frozen items. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have cooked frozen chicken breasts many many times in the DCB and they always come out perfect! :)

JennLizFran said:
I have cooked frozen chicken breasts many many times in the DCB and they always come out perfect! :)

How long does it take to cook a frozen chicken?

Thanks Jenn! How much additional cooking time do you add to the recipe?

I cooked frozen hamburger in it and it was fine - just took a few extra minutes.

skaugchef said:
How long does it take to cook a frozen chicken?

I'm going to guess there is a big difference between cooking a whole frozen chicken and a couple frozen chicken breasts.

I'm going to be attempting white chicken chili with frozen breasts tonight :( Not thighs and no time to thaw them.

Nikkies - I love the chicken chili. Please let me know how it comes out with frozen chicken.

Thanks!

I would email the Test Kitchens about a frozen chicken before trying it. I know the microwave works differently, but the U&CG says we shouldn't put frozen food on the stones to avoid thermal shock.

For the frozen chicken breast:
A Small one only about 8 minutes
For a med Size one about 11 minutes
For a large one about 14 minutes

I've never done a whole chicken frozen, but I'm guessing a single girl cooking for herself would probably do individual breasts.

I buy the individually frozen ones by Perdue. :)

Also a tip, I usually start with the smallest amount of time and then check it, it doesn't take much for the frozen breasts to dry out from overcooking!

I do this all the time...I never know what I want to eat the following day. For the fajitas, using 3-4 chcken breasts, it's about 18 minutes. Typically add an additional 5 minutes to the recipe. You can do the same with frozen ground beef, but I tend to pull out my micro-cooker so I can drain it. Now that we have the scoop n drain, I may be reaching for my dcb as the clean up might be easier.

What is a DCB with frozen food?

A DCB, or deep covered baker, is a type of stoneware baking dish used to cook a variety of dishes in the oven. When used with frozen food, it can help to evenly cook and defrost the food while keeping it moist and flavorful.

How do I use a DCB with frozen food?

To use a DCB with frozen food, preheat your oven according to the recipe instructions. Then place the frozen food directly into the DCB, making sure to leave enough space for the food to expand as it cooks. Cover the dish with the lid and place it in the oven. Follow the recipe instructions for cooking time and temperature.

Can I put a frozen DCB in the oven?

Yes, a frozen DCB can be placed directly into a preheated oven. However, it is recommended to allow the dish to thaw slightly before cooking to avoid any potential cracking or damage to the stoneware.

What types of frozen food can I cook in a DCB?

A DCB can be used to cook a variety of frozen foods such as meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. It is important to follow the specific recipe instructions for the best results.

Do I need to adjust the cooking time when using a DCB with frozen food?

Yes, the cooking time may need to be adjusted when using a DCB with frozen food. It is best to follow the recipe instructions and check the food for doneness before serving. If the food is not fully cooked, you may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies