• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Tri Tip in the Microwave - Adventures in DCB!

In summary, the DCB is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to cook tri tip in the microwave. It typically takes 15-20 minutes to cook, but this may vary depending on the size of the tri tip. No additional liquid is needed, but you can add marinade or seasoning for flavor. Frozen tri tip can also be cooked in the DCB, but it will take longer. It's best to let the meat come to room temperature before cooking and you can also season it before placing it in the DCB.
CookingwithMary
Has anyone tried this cut of beef in the DCB, in the microwave?

Found a small tri tip on sale, willing to try it in the micro, a small sacrifice.

Any hints? I'm thinking cooking to 'rare' stage and letting it sit, to avoid leathery meat.

Sorry, I've never tried it- I hope you are able to figure out how to make it. :)

Ended up roasting in the oven :) Chickened out with the microwave. It was yummy though...maybe next time will have a test run on the trip tip in micro.Marinated roast overnight with balsamic vinegar, garlic, PC Italian seasoning. Roasted in open DCB for 30 min on a bed of sliced onion (425 deg f). Then covered and cooked for 10 min, let rest to come to med/well temp.

1. Can I really cook tri tip in the microwave using the DCB?

Yes, you can! The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is specifically designed to cook a variety of foods in the microwave, including meats like tri tip.

2. How long does it take to cook tri tip in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your tri tip, but generally it takes about 15-20 minutes in the microwave. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.

3. Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking tri tip?

No, the DCB is designed to lock in moisture and create a steamy environment for cooking, so there's no need to add any liquid. However, you can add some marinade or seasonings for added flavor.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook tri tip from frozen?

Yes, you can cook frozen tri tip in the DCB, but it will take longer. The general rule is to increase the cooking time by 50%, so if it normally takes 20 minutes, it will take about 30 minutes to cook from frozen.

5. Is there anything I should do before cooking tri tip in the DCB?

It's always a good idea to let the tri tip come to room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking. You can also pat it dry and season it with salt and pepper before placing it in the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Aun