• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pasta in the Micro Cooker - Is the Pastawave Necessary?

In summary, the Micro Cooker is a versatile tool for cooking a variety of pasta types including spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, and more. The recommended water to pasta ratio is 1 cup of water for every 2 ounces of pasta, but adjustments may be needed based on pasta type and desired consistency. Cooking time will vary depending on pasta type and microwave wattage, with an average of 8-12 minutes. While the Pastawave is not necessary, it can help prevent sticking and improve water circulation. Other ingredients can also be added to the pasta while cooking, with adjustments to cooking time and stirring halfway through.
RebelChef
seen the commercial for the Pastawave? It's the thing where you can cook pasta in the micro. Couldn't you do this with the Micro Cooker? I wonder if it would work? I'd try it myself but I don't have one yet. lol I couldn't see that there'd be any difference other than the pastawave has an insert that drains the pasta. With the vented lid on the MC, wouldn't it be easy to drain the water?

I've seen so many ideas for things you can cook in them but haven't come across this one so far. I was just thinking this would be another selling tip for them. Anyone tried it or willing?

I make pasta in my rice cooker all the time. I haven't tried it in the regular micro cookers though. I usually just add one minute to the recomended cooking time. (so the water boils) and be sure to drain right away.

Ahh ok, thanks! I hadn't even thought about the rice cooker. lol I just saw that commercial and thought of the micro-cooker. My MIL has 3 of them and wants another. How in the world she can use that many and only be cooking for 2 is beyond me. I guess it's ingrained in my brain, thanks to her. :p

1. Can I cook any type of pasta in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is designed to cook a variety of pasta types including spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, and more.

2. How much water do I need to add when cooking pasta in the Micro Cooker?

The general rule of thumb is to add 1 cup of water for every 2 ounces of pasta. However, you may need to adjust the amount of water depending on the type of pasta and desired consistency.

3. How long does it take to cook pasta in the Micro Cooker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of pasta and your microwave's wattage. Typically, pasta takes about 8-12 minutes to cook in the Micro Cooker.

4. Do I need to use the Pastawave when cooking pasta in the Micro Cooker?

The Pastawave is not necessary for cooking pasta in the Micro Cooker, but it can help prevent the pasta from sticking to the sides of the cooker and allow for better water circulation.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the pasta while it's cooking in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables or meat to the pasta while it's cooking in the Micro Cooker. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and stir the ingredients halfway through cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • taterbug