• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pasta in Large Micro Cooker

In summary, when cooking pasta in the Large Micro Cooker, the general rule is to use 4 cups of water for every 8 ounces of pasta. However, this can be adjusted depending on the amount of pasta and desired sauce consistency. Cooking time will vary, but a good starting point is to follow the package instructions and check for doneness. Tomato-based sauces can also be cooked in the Large Micro Cooker alongside the pasta. Stirring the pasta is not necessary, but can be done halfway through for even cooking. To drain the water, use the lid with built-in strainer or a separate colander.
pcmissyfee
Gold Member
Does anyone have a recipe or procedure for cooking pasta in the large Micro Cooker?

I just finished cooking pasta in my large Micro Cooker and all I did was pour the pasta in, cover with water and cook in 5 min increments until it was done. Perfect pasta.

I don't have a specific recipe for cooking pasta in the large Micro Cooker, but here are some steps that have worked for me:1. Start by filling the Micro Cooker with enough water to cover the amount of pasta you want to cook. Make sure to leave enough room for the pasta to expand.2. Place the lid on the Micro Cooker and microwave it on high for 3-4 minutes. This will help bring the water to a boil.3. Once the water is boiling, add your desired amount of pasta to the cooker. Make sure to stir the pasta to prevent it from sticking together.4. Microwave the pasta on high for 3-4 minutes, then stir and check for doneness. Depending on the type of pasta, it may need additional cooking time.5. If the pasta is not fully cooked, continue microwaving in 1 minute increments, stirring in between, until it reaches your desired level of doneness.6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it using the lid of the Micro Cooker as a strainer. Be careful, as the cooker and the water will be hot.7. Rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent it from sticking together.8. Serve with your favorite sauce or toppings and enjoy your perfectly cooked pasta in the large Micro Cooker!Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How much water should I use when cooking pasta in the Large Micro Cooker?

The general rule is to use 4 cups of water for every 8 ounces of pasta. However, you can adjust the amount of water depending on how much pasta you are cooking and how saucy you want the dish to be.

2. How long does it take to cook pasta in the Large Micro Cooker?

Cooking time will vary depending on the type of pasta and how much you are cooking. As a general guideline, start with the cooking time recommended on the package and then check the pasta for doneness. You can always add more time if needed.

3. Can I cook tomato-based sauces in the Large Micro Cooker while cooking pasta?

Yes, you can cook sauces and pasta at the same time in the Large Micro Cooker. Simply place the sauce in a separate microwavable dish and cook it alongside the pasta for the last few minutes.

4. Do I need to stir the pasta while it is cooking in the Large Micro Cooker?

It is not necessary to stir the pasta while it is cooking, but you can give it a quick stir halfway through if you want to ensure even cooking.

5. How do I drain the water from the Large Micro Cooker after cooking pasta?

The Large Micro Cooker comes with a lid that has a built-in strainer, making it easy to drain the water from the pasta. Simply place the lid on top of the cooker and tilt it to drain the water. You can also use a separate colander if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Madsen7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe