• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smart Party Trick: Spoon Rests for Warm Foods

Summary:My girlfriend shared a tip with me the other night that her mother-in-law uses to save on dishes at parties. She sets out spoon rests next to the crockpot/bowl to rest the spoons in, instead of using small paper plates or just lying down on the picnic table. This is a great idea for marketing products to guests, as it saves on space and eliminates messes. Additionally, this trick can be used for cold dishes too.
cookingmommy
One of my girlfriends shared this tip with me the other night and I thought it was wonderful.

She said that her mother-in-law has lots of parties with warm foods, chili, beans, meatballs, crockpot meals, etc. She has around 6-7 spoon rests that she sets out next to the crockpot/bowl at the parties to rest the spoon in as opposed to the small paper plate or just laying down on the picnic table and making a mess. Plus, since the spoon will be upright it takes up less room.

Everyone else here probably already knew of this trick but I thought it would be a great marketing tool for anyone who does alot of picnics, buffets, or maybe even company lunches...who knows. Plus at only $10 a piece people might be willing to buy 4 or 5 and heck there is $40-$50 worth of orders!!!!

I hadn't thought of that, but it's a great idea!

Oh...now that I think about it you could easily use them for cold dishes too...pasta salads, macaroni salads...anything that needs a spoon, fork, serving utensil.

The possibilities are endless.....

What a great idea! I had never heard this one before!

I would love to sell more spoon rests too but for me since I don't have the extras, I use the mini plates that came with the Entertaining set.

I have two in use at all times. One for my stove top cooking and the other sits next to my coffee pot... no more coffee circles on the counter or side of the sink from the spoons!

Next to the coffee pot makes sense too. I'll have to remember that for my next show. Sometimes I feel like I have so many great ideas for products but don't want to overload or overwhelm my guests with all that info.

Thank you for sharing this amazing party trick! I never would have thought to use spoon rests for warm foods, but it makes so much sense. Not only does it help keep things organized and tidy, but it also saves space on the table. Plus, it's a great way to showcase our beautiful spoon rests and potentially generate more sales! I will definitely be sharing this tip with my customers. Thank you again for the great idea!

1. How does the spoon rest keep the food warm?

The spoon rest is designed with a special material that is heat-resistant and helps retain the warmth of the food. This allows your dishes to stay at the perfect temperature while serving.

2. Can the spoon rest be used in the oven or microwave?

No, the spoon rest is not suitable for use in the oven or microwave. It is meant to be used as a serving dish and should not be exposed to high heat.

3. Is the spoon rest dishwasher safe?

Yes, the spoon rest is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the product.

4. What types of dishes can be placed on the spoon rest?

The spoon rest is designed to hold small to medium-sized dishes, such as bowls, plates, and small casserole dishes. It is not suitable for large serving dishes or heavy pots.

5. Can the spoon rest be used for cold foods as well?

Yes, the spoon rest can be used for both warm and cold foods. It is a versatile tool that can be used for serving a variety of dishes at your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsara
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Cr8vKitchen
  • BethCooks4U