• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Special for Hostess - Help!

:( Can you please clarify?The host can use their Free Product Value to purchase the dish cloths. The only way a Guest can get these is to spend $60+, and they get them Free. I hope they add these to the catalog in the fall - they're awesome!
4kids4me
My hostess really wants the microfiber dishcloths. She even added to her order to get it over $60. She actually has an order of $69 in product. However, with her $300 show, she is actually only paying for $29 in product and now P3 won't let her get the towels. Has anyone else run into this? It hardly seems fair, does it? I don't know what to say to her, or is this a glitch with P3? HELP! TIA

She has to spend the $60 in order to get the guest special. Her free product value does not count towards that.

HTH

So she has to spend $60 out of pocket? Above and beyond the FPV? oh boy, she isnt' going to be very happy. :(

I think she can buy them for $9.50 and can even use her FPV towards that.

4kids4me said:
So she has to spend $60 out of pocket? Above and beyond the FPV? oh boy, she isnt' going to be very happy. :(

If you look at the flyer for the guest special, it says "free with purchase of $60."

If she uses the free product value, she is not spending the $60.

Look at the flyer. I believe she can use her host benefits to get the dishcloths. I believe the value was $9.50.

(Hoping I am remembering correctly!)

Yep. I stand corrected. Use code HL71 and she can use her FPV and $9.50. Thanks guys. Sorry that I mis spoke. That is what is so great about this site. We can all learn from each other.

I could KISS you! You are absolutely right! I looked at the flyer and it costs them $9.50! I just had to use the right code! The info was right on the flyer - thank you so much for helping me on this one! You're a LIFE saver! :D

4kids4me said:

YUP, she does.

You mean, guests and hosts can purchase the dish cloths?!?

cmdtrgd said:
You mean, guests and hosts can purchase the dish cloths?!?
I believe only the Host can purchase them! Correct me if I am wrong!

Not exactly. The host can use her Free Product Value to purchase these for $9.50. The only way a Guest can get these is to spend $60+, and they get them Free. I hope they add these to the catalog in the fall - they're awesome! :)

Can a host purchase more than one set of towels for the $9.50?
I learn so much from this site!!

I didn't know that a host could purchase them! Man, I think I really do learn something new every day!

We owe this all to Kimmers - she's the one that shed the light on this and led me to read my flyer!! So thx again! I haven't submitted my show yet (waiting on an outside order) but tried ordering her several of these (I tried 30) and I didn't get a red flag when I went to finalize! So it appears they CAN order more than one pair. Good to know!

4kids4me said:
We owe this all to Kimmers - she's the one that shed the light on this and led me to read my flyer!! So thx again! I haven't submitted my show yet (waiting on an outside order) but tried ordering her several of these (I tried 30) and I didn't get a red flag when I went to finalize! So it appears they CAN order more than one pair. Good to know!

Gee, so glad I could help. (post #4) :confused:

Edited to add: This came across so wrong! I'm so not mad! :) I hate that you can't tell people's true "tone" in posts! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Shock! Horror! I apologize, Jen, for giving the credit wrongly!!! I owe you HUGE for saving me an embarassing mistake with my hostess! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please forgive!!!! YOu're WONDERFUL!!!!!

Okay, I'm having a hard time with this one. So, when a guest spends $60 on products, s/he gets the dish cloths for free (a $9.50 value). The host can also get the same deal when they spend $60 out of pocket. All this I understand and have done before. What I'm not understanding is how the host can purchase the dish cloths with their FPV!!! I cannot find it anywhere on the flyer. Someone please explain this to me as if I were a 3 year old!

On the flyer, in the green area beneath the pic of the trifle, on the right under the pics of the dishcloths, it says, "Use your Free Product Value, half-price or discount options toward our April Guest Special - our exclusive Microfiber Dishcloths. Item #HL71 Value $9.50.

So they don't have to spend $60 out of pocket after all. They can use it regardless.

4kids4me said:
On the flyer, in the green area beneath the pic of the trifle, on the right under the pics of the dishcloths, it says, "Use your Free Product Value, half-price or discount options toward our April Guest Special - our exclusive Microfiber Dishcloths. Item #HL71 Value $9.50.

So they don't have to spend $60 out of pocket after all. They can use it regardless.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I am so glad I clicked on this thread. I did not know the host could purchase if they did not spend $60! Great!

I can't take the credit, but thank you. Beth and Jen are the ones that said to take a look at the flyer. I just followed their advice and posted. That's cool that they can order more than one pair.

Kim

4kids4me (sorry don't know you're name) are you going to conference? If so, what wave? Where in MD are you?

Last edited:
Guess I could add my name to my posts, lol. I'm Debbie and I'm in Southern MD in Waldorf. I can't make it to Chicago this year but I'm planning on going next year. Are you going? I don't understand what the Waves are. I just signed in Feb, still learning, lol!

Last edited:
Hi Debbie,

I am in Easton & yes I am going to conference. I can't wait. This is my 2nd conference. There are 3 waves because there is NO way that all of the consultants could attend at the same time. Because of space in McCormick Place and the conference hotels. The waves are determined by who your National Executive Director (NED) is. Mine is Patsy McGovern. Do you know who yours is?

By the way, congrats on starting your business. You came to the right place here to get any info you might ever need. Even info you didn't know you needed. :p

How would I find out who my NED is? Btw, do you know a Kelly Knode? Not a very common last name. Thx for explaining the Wave thing - I was really lost, lol!

If she lives in Clear Spring, then yes that would be my sister in law. How do you know her?

She placed an order at my very first show! Uh oh, hope I'm not getting her in trouble!! She wasn't AT my show, but placed a show through the hostess. SMall world!

No problem at all. We are like 2 1/2 hours apart, and it is not always prudent or timely for her to be able to order something from me. She would end up paying more for direct shipping or waiting until we went up there, which is only every couple of months.

It is a Very small world. Glad she helped you out. She actually used to be a consultant.

I am not sure how she knows my friend (the host), but it was awfully nice of her to place the order. She (host) was trying to get the 15 orders to get that cookbook back in February. :)

1. What is the current Guest Special for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The current Guest Special for hosting a Pampered Chef party is the Stoneware Set, which includes a Large Stackable Cooling Rack and a Medium Stoneware Bar Pan. This set is valued at $70, but is available for just $15 when a hostess has a party with at least $200 in sales and one booking.

2. How can I qualify for the Guest Special as a hostess?

To qualify for the Guest Special as a hostess, you must have a minimum of $200 in sales and at least one booking from your party. This can be any type of party, including online, catalog, or in-person.

3. Can I choose a different item as the Guest Special for my party?

No, the Guest Special for hosting a Pampered Chef party is predetermined and cannot be changed. However, you can still earn additional rewards and free products by having a successful party and reaching certain sales and booking goals.

4. Can I still receive the Guest Special if my party does not reach $200 in sales?

Unfortunately, the Guest Special is only available when a party reaches $200 in sales. However, you can still earn free products and discounts based on your party's sales and bookings.

5. How long is the Guest Special available for?

The Guest Special is typically available for one month, but may vary depending on the current promotion. It is important to check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the specific dates of the Guest Special for your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
prissylovescooking
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampered.chris