• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting People to Commit to a Date

In summary, Jen recommends offering additional incentives to get people to commit to a show date. She suggests offering two or three days of the week that the person can book as a show. She also suggests giving them the option to choose the date that they would like to book.
jenf
Any suggestions for actually getting people to pick a date for their show right there at the party. I am going to start trying the pencil the date in approach because I keep having people tell me they want to have a show, but they have to check their calendar. They seem really excited at the show then I can't ever get them to return my call or commit to an actual date. I really believe people lose interest after 48 hours so I am really trying to follow up immediately. I know several people have mentioned offering additional incentives and I am going to try that at my show on Saturday. Any other suggestions? I really need to book my August.

TIA,
Jen

I like the pencil in approach, but I also add that my dates get booked fast. Especially in the summer, I don't have many dates available. Also, I have learned that it works well to have two or three days of the week that I consistently do shows. I say "I do shows on Tuesdays and Fridays. I also have one Saturday a month. Which day of the week would work best for you?" That makes you seem more in demand which usually means that you are good! HTH

One thing that I learned at Conference and that seems to be helping me get concrete bookings is that PEOPLE BOOK WITH BUSY PEOPLE! Make yourself seem or look BUSY! Put everything on your PC calendar. Even the mundane things such as the dog's vet visit to your nail & hair appts. This will make you look busier than you may actually be. Then when you're sitting down at your shows tell the maybes or calendar checkers that you only have a few open dates available and that they should go ahead and PENCIL in their day. That way if it's not ok then it can still be adjusted, but this way they already have a date on your calendar.

also when people say they want to check with their friends say it's always a good idea to have a date to tell them, otherwise they won't know if they are free or not. Pencil it in, tell them it can be moved if needbe, but that it will help when they ask around.

When they're hemming and hawing, I ask what day of the week works best for them. Most people know this without having to look at their calendar. Let's say they tell you Saturday. Then I would say, I have September 30th or September 16th. These are my next two available Saturdays. BUT even if you have every single Saturday open, only give them two choices and give them the one YOU want to book second. So if you still need to fill your August, tell them August 19 or August 12. They will likely pick the second date you give them.

At conference, Belinda Ellsworth suggested always always always knowing your next two open dates. That way if someone walks up to you in the grocery store when you're wearing your PC shirt or carrying your PC bag, you can book them on the spot because you are in control of your business!

that is so true...You hit that one on the head and it makes sense. "You should always be ready to do business." It should never matter where you are or what you are doing. How can you tell someone what you want when you don't know the dates? If you are unprepared, they will be unimpressed. I have been so practicing my 30 second commercial and trying to always keep my next two dates in my mind! It is sometimes hard but I booked a show off the cuff while I was eating dinner at a resturaunt, far away from my calendar and my laptop, becasue I knew which dates I had open! IT WAS SO NEAT to be able to do that! And it was an August too which I sorely needed.
And NO, I am not sharing my commercial yet. I think I have it exactly the way I want it but I am just not sure yet.

I however too have the same problem at shows. I can give them dates till I am blue in the face but trying to get anyone to commit is hard. I am going to strat the pencil it in trick Saturday. Especially with the end of the year coming and that great October Special. I want to get 2 more August though so I already know I have the 20th, the 26th and the 27th available. Or what I should I say is, "I have the 26th and the 20th available!"
Thanks for that tip!!

Last edited:
You know, I DO put everything in my planner, even list peoples names who I have to call/follow-up with - I didn't intend on it, but I think it works that I look Busy. People even comment "Wow, you are a busy woman"! At one show, I was setting a date with a booking & she saw a trip to my hometown. She questioned it and we realized we grew up only about 15 miles apart and graduated from rival High Scools! Now, she may be my FIRST recruit! Woo-hoo!!
Joanne

1. How can I get people to commit to a date for a Pampered Chef party?

One effective way is to create a sense of urgency by offering a limited-time special or promotion for those who book a party on a specific date. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and having a fun and unique experience with friends.

2. What if my guests are hesitant to commit to a date?

Try to address their concerns and offer flexible options. For example, you could suggest hosting a virtual party or a smaller gathering with a few close friends. You can also remind them that you are there to support them throughout the planning process.

3. How far in advance should I book a party date?

It's best to book a party date at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give your guests enough time to plan and RSVP. However, if you have a highly sought after date, such as a holiday or special event, you may want to book even earlier.

4. What happens if I need to change the party date?

If you need to change the party date, it's important to communicate this information to your guests as soon as possible. Offer them the option to reschedule or attend the party virtually. Make sure to also update any invitations or event pages to reflect the new date.

5. Can I book multiple parties on the same date?

Yes, you can book multiple parties on the same date as long as they are in different locations. This can be a great way to maximize your time and reach a larger audience. Just make sure to keep track of each party's location and details to avoid any confusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tafaye
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • tx_deputyswife
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • PCSarahjm