• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for Following Up and Securing Show Dates"

In summary, this person suggests using a host packet and following up the next day to confirm a date.
pkd09
Silver Member
OK here is my dilema. So many times at shows a guest will tell me she wants to book a show but doesn't have her calendar with her, etc. to confirm a date that night. I ask her what month she would probably be interested in and that I will follow up with her. Many Many Many times I call call call and never get a response back. This is happening to me way to many times at this point. What am I doing wrong? How do I get these people to commit to a date and/or call me back? I have called people 4-5 times leaving messages and nothing. My stats show I have all these shows booked when I really don't. Getting frustrated!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

I have my calendar out on the table when I am checking people out. I show them the dates I have available, which are usually limited. So then they have a sense of urgency about booking a date. I rarely leave the show without them having a date picked. And, rarely does anyone cancel or change their date. I refer to the calendar several time while talking to them. I think that helps as well.

Well, one method is at the show ask what month looks good to her. Is she thinking weeknight or weekend. Pretty much narrow it down (and she may know what might work best week/weekend). Then have only a few dates and ask if one looks best to her b/c you'll "pencil" her in and contact her TOMORROW to confirm. Find out when works best for that call. Morning, evening, home, work, etc. Even if it's for a couple months away, you can confirm that nothing conflicts at this point and tell her that you'll contact her in a few weeks so that you can get her host packet to her (if you AREN'T giving it to her that night). I've heard others say if you give the host packet to her that night, then you will need her to mail it back if she cancels. Sometimes that's all the push they need to hold the date.Also, you could offer incentives if you want. Things that you give at her show. Sometimes people ARE just really busy, esp this time of year. I know we have 4 weddings and 5 graduations and 3 baby showers within a few month period. Yikes!! Bold?? Stop by their house in the evening :) Big important thing is to followup right away before the excitement is gone. Lots of people get wrapped up in the excitement that night and then don't follow through. SO maybe get the host to talk to them even b/c THEY are loosing out on the host special!Sorry...excitable and avoiding all things that resemble work (I'm at home so it's endless).

This is definitely a hassle. Generally, I try to get people to commit to a date. I let them know that it can be changed if necessary. My calendar fills up quickly, though, so it's best to get their name on my schedule. That's helped me some. Unfortunately, some people are just good biscuits. (You know, flaky.)

Oh, yeah, and asking either/or questions like Jules was talking about helps. Giving a choice between two things (weeknight or weekend; Tuesday or Thursday, etc.) makes it easier for them to make a decision.

It is funny that people have NO idea when they'd like to host a show, but if you lead them. Two choices at a time, they usually will pick a date! ;)

There have been several books written lately about bracketology. It's basically making decisions the way sports tournaments are set up. The teams or players don't play against everyone at once. It's two teams or players at a time. The winner moves on to compete with someone else. It's actually a really effective way to make decisions.

I also bring my planner and have it open at checkout. I go through month by month and pick out all of the days that I want to try and book shows for. Then put a small post-it on that date....so that you can easily say "weekend or weeknight...." and go from there to see the dates that are available. I always pencil in a date, and then tell them I will call them the next day to confirm that date. Or, if you hand them a host packet that night, I write the date and time all over....so that they feel like they can't just blow it off! (oh, and if they do change...the post-it note w/their info can easily be moved to a different date!)

I use the Belinda thing, "We just need to pencil in a tentative date, so we can register it with the company for Susie to get credit. We can always change it later." I feel that it takes the pressure off of me, but is a huge help.

I am having problems with my leads from the fair that I did. I have 10 people that marked that they want to have a show. NONE of them have even called me back. I have left a couple of messages. There are about 3 or 4 that want me to call back next week (which I will :p ) but still I haven't reached over half of them and none will call me back. I sent out my newsletter today so maybe I will get a response out of that. I have 5 shows for June but I want more! And I only have 1 for July defintely need more for July!

Just talked to a lady who booked for July......I had called her at least 5-6 times in the last 2 weeks. I was beginning to feel like maybe I was stalking her! I finally reached her - and her first words to me were "Oh - Becky! Thank you so much for being persistent!" Turns out, her job requires her to be on-call some weeks, and when on-call, about the only time she would have to call me is late at night or early morning, and she didn't feel right doing that. So, you never know why someone isn't returning a phone call. Again, the saying "It's not their job to call me, it's my job to call them" proves true!

Chef_2_Four said:
I am having problems with my leads from the fair that I did. I have 10 people that marked that they want to have a show. NONE of them have even called me back. I have left a couple of messages. There are about 3 or 4 that want me to call back next week (which I will :p ) but still I haven't reached over half of them and none will call me back. I sent out my newsletter today so maybe I will get a response out of that. I have 5 shows for June but I want more! And I only have 1 for July defintely need more for July!

VERY rarely will someone call me back to book! Keep Calling!

Thanks! I will!!

Its tough when you begin to feel like a stalker. I called one lady, after giving it a break and when I identified myself she said, "Thank God you called! I lost your number!! I figured you would call me back eventually." You just never know. I might just send them a catalog and a f/u post card.

Chef_2_Four said:

And to play devil's advocate for a moment......(after my rah! rah! post!:rolleyes: ) I have found that sometimes at a fair, people will check "yes" hoping it will increase their chances of winning something.
Soooo - give 'em something:D When you call and leave a message - let them know they've won a prize in your drawing......a SB or a $10 credit when they book.......may up your chances of them calling back?

Chef_2_Four said:

I had two booths this month. When I started calling the yes people back from the first one, I left a couple of messages and no called back. I then started leaving messages, that they had not won the stone piece I was giving away but I wanted to let them know what they had won. I didn't tell them what it was, but that they had won something. I had the same people who didn't call me back with my first message, call me back with the second. I told them they won a free kitchen show. I ended up booking 5 shows and 2 recruit leads from the first booth.

I left the you won something message with the leads from the second booth and people were calling me back left and right. I have so far booked 5 shows and have a few recruit leads.

I am still calling lead from both booths. Haven't had time to get to all of them.

Just keep calling. :)

A few that I actually talked to I told them that they won a free cooking show. Those are the ones I'm supposed to call back since it was right before school let out. I will try again!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am definitely going to try the "Free" approach" for the ones I am trying to get bookings for and also the new approach as to pencilling in a date and then following up. You are all AWESOME!!! If I had bookings for all the "pendings" my calendar would be full. :)

AJPratt said:
I might just send them a catalog and a f/u post card.

Sorry I had to laugh f/u postcard?!?!
Holy smokes!
Oh wait....that means follow up....ohhhhhh
:p :D

Koolotus said:
Holy smokes!

Thanks for the laugh... I needed that right now!

You are welcome!
So did I

Pampered PestI just wanted to add that I was having a really hard time booking a date with a gal that was a referral from a friend. I left messages, she couldn't decide on a date..ugh! I read in here somewhere that the consultant referred to herself as a "pampered pest" and I loved it! I finally caught her this week and told her I did not want to be a pampered pest, but really just wanted to make sure she was still interested in having the show. She laughed and said she had finally picked a date (and obviously was waiting for me to call her back to get it!!) Persistence definitely paid off here!!! Now if I could just get my other gal to pick a June date!!! :mad:

I wish that people would just contact us sometimes! It seems like if I email or send a mailing, I HAVE to call everyone b/c they just refuse to contact me. I know that it's our job, but when I spend the time/effort on emails & mailings, then phone calls (only to get answering machines), it's frustrating. Then I won't try at all, ending up with great sales out of nowhere. I love that but still would like some sort of response from people when I'm trying.

Jules711 said:
I wish that people would just contact us sometimes! It seems like if I email or send a mailing, I HAVE to call everyone b/c they just refuse to contact me. I know that it's our job, but when I spend the time/effort on emails & mailings, then phone calls (only to get answering machines), it's frustrating. Then I won't try at all, ending up with great sales out of nowhere. I love that but still would like some sort of response from people when I'm trying.

I hear you!! I have been trying to follow up with a lady that said she wanted to have a show! I have called her 3 or 4 times and has yet to call me back!!

Koolotus said:
Holy smokes!

I know what you mean... this is the first post I am reading this morning while talking to my husband who uses the F word all the time and doesn't realize it. So I see the f/u card and my first thought was NOT Follow up. Thanks for the laugh.

What are some effective ways to follow up with potential hosts?

One effective way to follow up with potential hosts is to send a personalized message through email or social media. Another option is to make a phone call to thank them for considering hosting a show and to discuss potential dates.

How can I encourage guests to book a show at the party?

One way to encourage guests to book a show at the party is to offer a special incentive, such as a discount or free product, for anyone who books a show that day. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and having a fun time with friends.

What should I do if a potential host is hesitant to commit to a date?

If a potential host is hesitant to commit to a date, try to find out the reason behind their hesitation. Address any concerns they may have and offer flexibility in terms of dates and show options. You can also offer to follow up at a later time if they need more time to make a decision.

How can I make the follow-up process more efficient?

One way to make the follow-up process more efficient is to use a booking system or calendar to keep track of potential host contact information and follow-up dates. You can also create templates for follow-up messages to save time and ensure consistency.

What should I do if a potential host cancels or reschedules a booked show?

If a potential host cancels or reschedules a booked show, be understanding and offer to find a new date that works for them. You can also offer to help them find a replacement host or to host the show yourself. It's important to maintain a positive and helpful attitude to keep the door open for future opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Katiek77
Replies