• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of Commitment: Hosting Tips for Getting Guests to RSVP

In summary, most people seem to be afraid of commitment when it comes to booking a party. Getting them to commit to a date and time is like pulling teeth. The best way to do this is to explain the host benefits and use the theme show cards. If they are interested in hosting a party, the best way to get them to commit is to use small sticky notes to track their calendar and use the phrase "here's how it works with Pampered Chef."
tx_deputyswife
I am pretty good about talking about the host benefits, and getting people interesting in hosting a party but the majority seem to have a fear of commitment. Getting them to nail down a date is like pulling teeth. I've tried to narrow it down for them - would you like this date or that date - and almost every time the response is, I really don't know, let me get back to you.

How do you get someone to commit to a date and time without being a pest??

I'm not sure if you are talking about booking outside of a show or at a show, so I'll just let you know what I do for both.
At a show: I do the same thing with explaining host benefits and really use the theme show cards. When closing with each person, I say, "It looks like you had a lot of fun tonight." They will agree. Using the host special flyer I ask which items appealed to them the most. This will help me see which month they should book in. I then just assume they WILL choose a day. I just say, "Which day of the week works best for you? Tuesday or Thursdays?" I have the 23 and the 13 available next month. Which one would you like your show on?" Notice I gave the earliest show as the last option. This is the one I want booked first. They will usually take this choice, because it was said last. My bookings are successful, especially when they know that I only have those two dates available on the day of the week they want. On the phone or in person, I do the same thing, but I don't always have the host flyers with me. I ALWAYS have my calendar with me. If my calendar is there- I get the booking, whether I'm talking to a realtor or out and about. When they know the dates are limited and they really want a host special- they will book. Keep up the good work! By the way- when I started doing the 3-2-1, my bookings tripled. You will be talking to more people, and getting those bookings.

I have found that using a pencil is less threatening. You can tell them that you are just penciling in a date to hold their most desired date, and should it change, you can easily move it to another date.

I got that idea from either Belinda Ellsworth or someone from last year's conference, and it seems to work alot better. Good luck!

Thanks to you both!

I have tried giving options, but not done exactly as you mentioned. I believe I'll try the suggestion of using the host special flyer at the next opportunity.

I also like the pencil idea. I did try using small sticky notes on my calendar at today's show and it seemed to help when I explained that using the sticky notes lets me reschedule for earlier ;) if they need to! And at today's party, I got one on the calendar, two others that are interested but want to think about when, and another who has a sister she knows will want to host a party. I'm pretty excited since this was my first party that was totally out of my social circle of friends, relatives, or neighbors, and it went really well!!

I have told them these words: "Here's how it works with Pampered Chef. Suzie (their friend that held the show) wants to support you at your show too and she gets to come to your show and purchase the same host benefits that you do. She is going to want to do this, and her sales add to your show totals . In order for her to be able to do that, Pampered Chef needs to have your information in the computer when I close the show out. So we need to have a date for me to give her credit for your booking. If something happens and we need to change that date down the road we can cross that bridge when we come to it. These are the dates I have available (opening my calendar), which one do you think will work best?" I have used this line for a long time (a modification of it before we had the current host benefits and we had points instead, I just changed the wording a little bit). Most hosts have a fairly good idea of what their calendar is in their heads--if they need to check a calendar I tell them I will call them the next day so she can close her show it. It works fairly well. The other thing I do is in my calendar I have these clear labels that are removable (I think they are actually for file folders) that fit exactly in the boxes of the planner. They are like clear post it notes about 1 1/2 square. I write on them rather than in the planner because if a show reschedules I just pick them up and move them--but also the guest booking the show sees they are removable and it's less threatening to them to write on them for some reason--I guess they see I can just move them, too. Saves a lot of whiting out and erasing of information.

Ok, you have me wanting to book a show with you!!!

That is a great dialogue. I think you have given me some inspiration since my host from today isn't closing for a few days - she wants to collect a few more outside ourders!! I can call the ones who showed interest but wouldn't commit and see if I can pen them to a date using your technique. Thank you so much!!

1. How can I encourage my guests to RSVP to my party?

To encourage guests to RSVP, it's important to make it as easy as possible for them. Provide clear instructions for how to RSVP, whether it's through an online invitation platform or by phone. You can also offer a small incentive, such as a discount on their purchase or a free gift, for those who RSVP by a certain date.

2. What can I do if some guests still don't RSVP?

If you have guests who still haven't RSVP'd, don't be afraid to follow up with them. Send a friendly reminder message or give them a call to ask if they will be attending. Sometimes people just need a little nudge to respond.

3. How can I make sure my guests feel comfortable committing to my party?

Be sure to provide all the necessary details in your invitation so that guests know what to expect. This includes the date, time, location, and any special instructions or requests. You can also mention any fun activities or demos that will be happening at the party to entice them to RSVP.

4. Should I limit the number of guests for my party?

It's a good idea to set a limit for the number of guests you can comfortably accommodate at your party. This will help you plan and prepare accordingly, and it will also make your guests feel more special and exclusive. If you have a larger guest list, consider splitting the party into smaller groups on different days.

5. What should I do if guests cancel or don't show up after RSVPing?

Unfortunately, there may be some guests who cancel or don't show up after RSVPing. It's important to not take it personally and to have a backup plan in case this happens. Consider having a waiting list for your party and offer spots to those who may have missed out on the initial invitation. You can also reach out to your guests after the party to thank them for their RSVP and remind them of any upcoming events or specials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • dme.grant