• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for Getting Hosts to Commit to a Date

In summary, the conversation is about the challenges of getting hosts to commit to a date for a show after the initial booking. The speaker suggests making "appointments" with potential hosts and writing down potential dates for them to choose from. They also mention reminding hosts that they will only receive credit for the booking if they pencil in a date that night, and following up the next night to confirm the date works for them. The speaker also mentions that most of the time, penciling in a date holds.
PCSarahjm
I have had a total of 8 shows(cooking/catalog). I get at least 2-3 bookings from each show so I think that is pretty good. I have August Booked and most of September and a few waiting for October. But my problem is I can't get anyone to commit a date...All they can say is I want to do it this month but I don't know when. I would rather get them on my calendar the night of the show but I just can't seem to do it. I try to give them a couple of dates to pick from but they always say I will let you know. How can I get these host to commit to a date before they leave the show? TIA

Those are always frustrating. I have started making "appointments" with those people. I circle the dates on my calendar that are open (the dates I want to work) and if they're interested in that month but "don't have their calendar with them", I write down those dates on a blank drawing slip or on the back of my business card, and ask them "when is a good time for me to call you to follow up?" I write it on my calendar when I'm going to call them (i.e., Tuesday at 7pm) and then I do it. Usually, they have looked at their calendar by then and book a date with me right away. It's important not to lose the momentum from the show, but it's also good to make sure they have checked their calendar and it's a good date for them, too. If they don't call you back or keep giving you the "brush off", then they just don't know how to tell you "no". Sometimes I give them an out by saying, "October seems like a busy month for you - do you want to try November instead?" and then they book that month instead. Just try to always remember to schedule follow up appointments instead of just saying "I'll call you" or worse, having them tell you they'll call you!!! (hardly EVER happens!!). GL and HTH!

I usually try to point out that "your host will only get the credit for your booking if we pencil in a date for your show tonight. If you get home and look at your calendar in the next few days and realize that date will not work, call me right away and we can change the date for your host to still get the booking benefit."

Most of the time we can pencil in a date and it holds!

I have been giving them a few days...then I call sometimes I get results and other times I don't. I think I will start doing the business card thing. That way they have a little reminder and they know I will be calling.

I always have good luck with "pencil" in dates for shows. I then follow up with the next night to make sure that date is going to work on their calendar also.

almondfarm said:
I usually try to point out that "your host will only get the credit for your booking if we pencil in a date for your show tonight. If you get home and look at your calendar in the next few days and realize that date will not work, call me right away and we can change the date for your host to still get the booking benefit."

Most of the time we can pencil in a date and it holds!
That is exactly what I have always done and it works well.

I always tell them that my calendar fills up fast. If we pick a date and you get home and realize it won't work, we can always reschedule. Most of the time the date holds.

What are the benefits of having a host commit to a date for a Pampered Chef party?

Having a host commit to a date for a Pampered Chef party allows you to better plan and prepare for the event. It also helps ensure a successful party with a guaranteed number of attendees. Additionally, having a set date can create a sense of urgency for potential guests to RSVP and attend the party.

How can I persuade a host to commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party?

One effective way to persuade a host to commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party is by emphasizing the benefits they will receive. This may include free products, discounts, and the opportunity to earn rewards based on the party sales. You can also stress how their commitment will help you plan a successful party for them and their guests.

What can I do if a potential host is hesitant to commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party?

If a potential host is hesitant to commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party, try to address their concerns and offer solutions. For example, if they are worried about not having enough time to prepare, you can offer to assist with party planning or provide them with a timeline to make the process easier. You can also remind them of the benefits and incentives they will receive by committing to a date.

How far in advance should a host commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party?

Ideally, a host should commit to a date for their Pampered Chef party at least 2-4 weeks in advance. This gives you enough time to plan and promote the party, as well as allows the host to invite and prepare their guests. However, it's important to be flexible and work with the host to find a date that works best for both of you.

What can I do to ensure the host stays committed to the chosen date for their Pampered Chef party?

To ensure the host stays committed to the chosen date for their Pampered Chef party, it's important to maintain open and consistent communication. Send reminders leading up to the party and offer support and assistance with any party planning tasks. You can also encourage the host to spread the word and invite friends and family to the party, which can increase their excitement and commitment to the chosen date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tx_deputyswife
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • jenf
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefinHarmony
  • Humble Beginnings