• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Add a Potential Booking for My Host?

PHD is 10% off for a year. Even though a show turns into a catalog show, the host still qualifies for the current monthly host special. The show has to be $150 in Guest sales in order for it to count as a show though. But because it's a catalog show, they don't get any free product value until the show totals $200 in guest sales. Hosting benefit is when the host gets to purchase the monthly host special at any shows that were booked from her show, including hers-if she books off herself. But the shows need to be held 6 months from the original show. Does that help? Yes, it helps a lot. THX :)
Humble Beginnings
From my show on Sunday I have 2 people that are thinking of booking a show, but will not commit to a date at this time. Does it matter if I add it as a booking for my host? I'm just thinking if they do eventually do something I would want my host to be able to get the credit and take advantage of the host specials.

Put them in if you think they might host...otherwise if/when they do your current host will lose out. Will they give you a month at least...I want an August show? If they don't hold their show the host it won't hurt anything and if they do hold their show your host has gained a great product at a great price.

If anyone ever even seems intersted I put them in and just make up a date and call them later. You do not want them to book and you did not add them and then the original host not get credit for it. As long as they hold it within 6months of the original show the host gets credit and it does not matter if it is not on the date you put in.

jrstephens said:
If anyone ever even seems intersted I put them in and just make up a date and call them later. You do not want them to book and you did not add them and then the original host not get credit for it. As long as they hold it within 6months of the original show the host gets credit and it does not matter if it is not on the date you put in.

I always ask them to give me a ballpark idea of when they'd like to book...then, like Jennifer, just put a date in P3 to "hold" their show date. I always tell them that "the computer needs me to enter a date so that the current host will get her past booking benefit" at their show. I also tell them that they aren't obligated to hold it on that exact date, and that I will contact them soon to get a more firm date lined up. That way they know to expect a call from me. So far, I've only had ONE person ever back out...pretty good for eight months of shows!

sklay723 said:
So far, I've only had ONE person ever back out...pretty good for eight months of shows!

That is a good record - keep it up!

Great thank you everyone for your advice. I will do just that, planning to submit show this weekend. Thanks again!

Also, make sure you put a booking in for your host. Who knows, come Christmas she may want to do another party. And won't she be surprised when she can order TWO of the host bonus products. One as the past host and one as the current host!! I NEVER close a party without booking my host. I pick a date out 4 months before the PHD expiration so I remember to contact that person.

pampered1224 said:
Also, make sure you put a booking in for your host. Who knows, come Christmas she may want to do another party. And won't she be surprised when she can order TWO of the host bonus products. One as the past host and one as the current host!! I NEVER close a party without booking my host. I pick a date out 4 months before the PHD expiration so I remember to contact that person.

Great idea, my first show host will be doing this again in November. I didn't even think about this host. Great advice!! Thank you again :D

I'm a newbie and I have a question: What is a PHD expiration? Is there a certain time limit that a host has to book a show? I'm having a hard time getting bookings because two of my shows just became catalog shows, but I want to try to get the hosts their booking benefits.
Thanks,
Barbara

PHD is 10% off for a year. Even though a show turns into a catalog show, the host still qualifies for the current monthly host special. The show has to be $150 in Guest sales in order for it to count as a show though. But because it's a catalog show, they don't get any free product value until the show totals $200 in guest sales. Hosting benefit is when the host gets to purchase the monthly host special at any shows that were booked from her show, including hers-if she books off herself. But the shows need to be held 6 months from the original show. Does that help? I'm a newbie too. :)

Yes, it helped a lot. THX :)

Related to Should I Add a Potential Booking for My Host?

1. Does using a specific type of knife make a difference in cooking?

Yes, using the right type of knife can greatly impact the outcome of your cooking. For example, a serrated knife is best for cutting bread while a chef's knife is ideal for chopping vegetables.

2. Is there a difference between using regular cookware and Pampered Chef's cookware?

Yes, Pampered Chef's cookware is designed to distribute heat evenly and prevent food from sticking, resulting in better cooking results. Our cookware is also made with high-quality materials that are built to last.

3. Does the quality of ingredients make a difference in recipes?

Absolutely, using fresh and high-quality ingredients can greatly impact the taste and texture of your dish. For example, using fresh herbs instead of dried ones can add more flavor to your recipe.

4. Is there a difference between using a regular oven and a Pampered Chef oven?

Yes, our ovens are designed with unique features such as convection cooking and even heat distribution, resulting in faster and more efficient cooking. They also come with a variety of specialized settings for different types of cooking.

5. Does the order of adding ingredients matter in a recipe?

Yes, the order of adding ingredients can affect the overall taste and texture of your dish. For example, adding spices at the beginning of cooking allows them to fully infuse into the dish, while adding them at the end can result in a more subtle flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LilChefBeth
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MakinBacon
  • chef_kimmo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • TwinGirlsMom