• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Consultant Misses Out: No Confrence Secrets!

In summary, the $5 subscription provides access to a wealth of resources on Chefsuccess.com. The site is well-maintained and provides a supportive community for chefs.
tabnat80
Gold Member
:mad: I am a consultant who couldn't go to the confrence. I got on the chefsuccess website to see what the new products were and couldn't because I wasn't subscribed...So, I paid the $5.00, which is ridiculous by the way to pay just to chat, but as I was saying, I wanted to see the new products. So I saw a thread that said confrence secrets. So, I subscribed. and Nothing! THere were no secrets there. A waist of my 5 . By the time the new products are mentioned on here, my director will be home and have pictures.

Hey, give this site a try for awhile. It is awesome, and worth way more than $5. It costs Greg way more to maintain this site (no pop-ups) then what he collects from us. Greg and Deb are respectful to PC and have asked us not to talk about it until all three waves are over. Some of us do already know though. If you would like to know, give me your email address.

See? You will get what you wanted after all! Just ask and someone on here will always come through for you.

This is an awesome support group with a bunch of awesome people. Welcome to the family!

I'm sorry you are disappointed. The $5 isn't just for chatting. There are tons of ideas and files on here--theme show invites, different recruiting/hosting ideas, so many business tools $5 is really a steal! But if you want to know more about the new products, please shoot me an email at love2cook05@gmail and I would be happy to let you know what was announced.

Well, hello there! Welcome to the site!

The administrators of this site have made it perfectly clear to all of us that we are not allowed to divulge the secrets from conference until the 3rd wave is over, which is sometime on Wed. afternoon, 7/18. They will make an announcement and then we can chat away. This comes down from Doris Christopher herself, who asks that no discussion of new products, promotions, etc. be discussed on PC loops - period.

The $5 is to help defray the cost of supporting this site - there are a lot of costs to administering a website daily (fees, etc.) and the people who make this site possible would be paying them out of their pocket, which is a lot to ask. I don't think $5 is a waste of money at all, especially with the amount of insight, guidance and support I've seen on this site in the short 2 weeks I've been active here.

So, take a look around, read up on the threads here, and make that $5 work for you instead of complaining that you wasted $5 to see something that the rest of us can't see, either!!

and......there is alot more than just "chat" on this site! If you really check it out you will find a TON of valuable resources for your business. The files section alone is worth it's weight in gold........it's the easiest PC site I have found for finding important info, flyers, order forms, show theme outlines....etc....

Very well said, Cathy!

And Becky!

Man, you guys post quickly!

The fliers I've been able to download from here and all the support has been worth way more than $5!!! Give it a try for a while and you wont be disappointed. There have been recipes that I've needed in a pinch and couldn't find anywhere till I got here also.

tabnat80 said:
:mad: I am a consultant who couldn't go to the confrence. I got on the chefsuccess website to see what the new products were and couldn't because I wasn't subscribed...So, I paid the $5.00, which is ridiculous by the way to pay just to chat, but as I was saying, I wanted to see the new products. So I saw a thread that said confrence secrets. So, I subscribed. and Nothing! THere were no secrets there. A waist of my 5 . By the time the new products are mentioned on here, my director will be home and have pictures.

Sorry you feel that way. I have been a faithful Cheffer for 1+ years now and by no means feel it is a waste of money. I value the friends and fellow cheffer cluster mates I have here on this site. Sometimes when I can not get a hold of my director or other consultants for questions, there is always somone here who cares and is willing to listen or help me out in any way they can. So please give it a try and do not judge until you have been here a while. I hope you will change your mind.
Schel

Tabnat80-

You mean to tell me you will spend $5 to learn what the new products are a few days early but wouldn't spend $5 to learn a wealth of information to promote your PC business!!
All I am going to say is shame on you!!!!

The $5 is WELL worth the friends I've made! :):):):)

You signed up/posted back in 2005 and then come in 2 years later to complain?!!!!

tabnat80 said:

The $5 was instituted about a year ago, so the $5 would have been a recent payment.

tabnat80 said:

I'm in a seriously bad post-menopausal hormonal mood (don't laugh you all, you're turn is coming.....well, except maybe for KG), but this has to be the most short-sighted post I have seen.

A 'waist[sic] of my 5'? I just tallied up my commission checks and then divided that by $20 (I'm a Gold Supporter...Go Greg!) and then multiplied that by 100 to get a general Return on Investment: 0ver 50,000% baby. If I had paid just $5, it would have been over 200,000%. Now that's an over-simplified calcualtion, but it's enough to make my point.

I have both a great director and hospitality director (and great cluster-mates....hooah Debi), but this is THE BEST PLACE to find ideas, flyers, tips, answers, show themes, et al. Oh, did I mention the support, camaraderie, humor, and generosity of spirit that's here? Priceless.

Okay, end of rant. Even when tempers fly, a cheffer is a cheffer. So good luck in your business and come back to visit anytime.

(I'm a nice person...really)

legacypc46 said:
I have both a great director and hospitality director (and great cluster-mates....hooah Debi), but this is THE BEST PLACE to find ideas, flyers, tips, answers, show themes, et al. Oh, did I mention the support, camaraderie, humor, and generosity of spirit that's here? Priceless.

Okay, end of rant. Even when tempers fly, a cheffer is a cheffer. So good luck in your business and come back to visit anytime.

I agree legacypc46

Honestly, in today's world of 'instant gratification'... :rolleyes: you have been offered the information you requested. So give the site some time and you will be recanting. :p

This site has been the best tool for my business... and the cheapest!!!

legacypc46 said:
I'm in a seriously bad post-menopausal hormonal mood (don't laugh you all, you're turn is coming.....well, except maybe for KG), but this has to be the most short-sighted post I have seen.

A 'waist[sic] of my 5'? I just tallied up my commission checks and then divided that by $20 (I'm a Gold Supporter...Go Greg!) and then multiplied that by 100 to get a general Return on Investment: 0ver 50,000% baby. If I had paid just $5, it would have been over 200,000%. Now that's an over-simplified calcualtion, but it's enough to make my point.

Hey Leggy! We've all (except KG, John, and Jason!:p) been there! (hormonal, that is!:D ) and we know you are a very nice person!

I think that was a post from someone looking only for a freebie about Conference - if they decide to stick around then they will find out what an incredible place this is....if they don't, well then - their loss!;)

If you are so dissapointed and do not think you will get your money's worth why don't you ask Greg and Deb for your money back? It makes more sense to me to do something rather than whining to us for attempting to follow Doris's wishes.

It really bothers me that we have become such an impatient society! For crying out loud it is only a few more days. It's not like it's some big secret that you will never find out because you didn't go to conference.

This year was the 2nd I was able to attend in the 5 years I have been elligible to go. While I to was anxious to find out the years I was not able to go and did look arround online to find info, I did not ask anyone to go against the wishes of our company founder, and I certainly did not complain about the fact I was not able to find anything!

I know I will ruffle some feathers with this post but it's simply how I feel.

etteluap70PC said:
If you are so dissapointed and do not think you will get your money's worth why don't you ask Greg and Deb for your money back? It makes more sense to me to do something rather than whining to us for attempting to follow Doris's wishes.

It really bothers me that we have become such an impatient society! For crying out loud it is only a few more days. It's not like it's some big secret that you will never find out because you didn't go to conference.

This year was the 2nd I was able to attend in the 5 years I have been elligible to go. While I to was anxious to find out the years I was not able to go and did look arround online to find info, I did not ask anyone to go against the wishes of our company founder, and I certainly did not complain about the fact I was not able to find anything!

I know I will ruffle some feathers with this post but it's simply how I feel.

No ruffled feathers here Paulette!;)

Hey Paulette!

It was nice to meet you this week. and, no ruffled feathers here either. btw, since when does a cheffer worry about ruffling feathers?

Linda- I keep meaning to post that I didn't recognize you right off at Kitty's because you're so much prettier in person than your av. It was so great to meet you!

All I am going to say is VBulletin is very pricey but well worth it and I have no problem donating $5 a year to help pay for it!I own a very small message board and wish I could have vbulletin software for it instead of the free stuff I am using but I cant justify that kind of money out of pocket right now.

chefann said:
Linda- I keep meaning to post that I didn't recognize you right off at Kitty's because you're so much prettier in person than your av. It was so great to meet you!

I thought so too Ann!!!

Linda.... I couldn't put it into words that night (I was a bit frazzled from my travels...) but that's what I meant when I said you looked nothing like your picture.:D

etteluap70PC said:
I thought so too Ann!!!

Linda.... I couldn't put it into words that night (I was a bit frazzled from my travels...) but that's what I meant when I said you looked nothing like your picture.:D

Wow Linda! And I thought you looked pretty in your Avatar picture.....you must be a real BABE! I'm still so bummed I didn't make it to the MNG!

etteluap70PC said:
I thought so too Ann!!!

Thanks, you all made my day! (I think you two have a girl crush on me)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Leggy! We've all (except KG, John, and Jason!:p) been there! (hormonal, that is!:D ) and we know you are a very nice person!

I think that was a post from someone looking only for a freebie about Conference - if they decide to stick around then they will find out what an incredible place this is....if they don't, well then - their loss!;)

Thanks Becky. Hormones are everywhere right now....need to keep them in check at tomorrow's show....oh lord, I can just imagine....!

You're doing a wonderful job, by the way, of keeping the overall tone of this thread nice.:)

So, I paid the $5.00, which is ridiculous by the way to pay just to chat, but as I was saying, I wanted to see the new products. So I saw a thread that said confrence secrets. So, I subscribed. and Nothing! THere were no secrets there. A waist of my 5 .

ARE U KIDDING ME????????

I'm from canada so i actually paid more than $5 when u convert, and would do it again in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!

and when u break that $5 down it is $0.42 PER MONTH which is just over 1 PENNY a day, which by the way is a tax write off!

and like everyone esle has said the fliers section alone is worth far more than that.

give the site a chance you'll see its worth far more than the $5 and you'll be happy u spent the $5

tabnat80 said:

Wow - who peed in your Post Toasties this morning? I mean, really.

Thanks Gred and Deb for this site. I'll gladly pay another $20 when it is time for me to renew. It has been worth every penny.

And another thing, missy. I don't just "chat" on this site. I've made friends that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. I've reduced the learning curve in my business by months and months because of the information here. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for an answer to some question I've had -- I'm lucky to get an answer in 24 hrs from my upline.

I understand you being disappointed that you didn't get what you wanted. But rudeness really isn't called for.

Oh, and the new products are INCREDIBLE. Customers are going to be going WILD! It was an AWESOME conference. You should have been there.

ETA: Now that I think of it, I paid several HUNDRED dollars to get an advanced view of the new products - and you complain because you didn't for $5? Things that make you go hmmmm.

OUch! My butt is still hurting from being chewed by some of you. I"m sorry if I came across as witchy, I have a fussy 13 month old with a double ear infection and I thought when I saw that post about the confrence, I would get to escape my day for a minute with some good news to refresh my brain. Anyways, I'm feeling better now. Thank you to those of you who contacted me. I will give the sight a chance. NO more regrets or nagging about the $5.00. SOrry
Tabitha

Now that that is all out of the way, welcome Tabitha! I hope you find this place as welcoming and helpful as I have!

Sorry to hear about the little one and ear infections. Thank GOD for antibiotics working in a reasonably (in hindsite) period of time!

Glad you're here!

I'm actually surprised by some of the biting responses from us cheffers. I guess when posting you have to be careful how your posts will come across to those reading it. Apparently, we bite heads off when we disagree. Some of this thread was worse than the animal thread. EEK! I believe most of the time and almost all of the time we are nice people.

I will admit when I first found out about this site I was like $5, but after my $5 I am here and kicking!! :D I love this site and the men and women here! I have gotten tons of info here that I have shared with my director and recruiter and I love the lounge!! :p Granted I didn't get to go to conference and would love to know before my meeting monday but I would be so upset if I was in Wave 2 or 3 and someone spoiled it for me!! So I completely agree with the rules of no spoilers!!! :D :D

If I just happened to come across this site without knowing anything about it, I probably would be leary of paying and using my credit card or paypal. But since I was a member when it was free I knew it was great. That is why I pay for all of my recruits first year on here. I want them to see how great it is without worrying about using their personal info when they pay.

I also was leary about spending the $5 because I didn't have any idea what this site really was. I asked a PC consultant about it and she said it was great and well worth the $5. I wouldn't have signed up if I didn't hear that from a trusted source. Tha's why I shared the site with consultants at conference.

I have more info from this site than my whole cluster. Well worth the $5 just give it a chance and you will become addicted to it like I am.

Welcome, Tabitha! I know the $5 seems like a pain, but there is so much that tihis site offers, and I am glad you are giving it a chance! We'll rope you in yet! Hey, although that was a bit of a beating you took (have had my fair share), at least you know when you ask a question, you'll get a really honest response! I like the tell-it-like-it-is people myself. I've always said, "I'd rather be punched in the face than stabbed in the back."

I can understand why you would be disappointed about that thread. I was too when I first read it! And, I am going to NC--but I'm impatient! I know, I'm terrible!

Even if there would have been a thread on here that told all the secrets, it would have been deleted rather quickly, they 'police' the web pretty good at this time of year and yank the spoilers pretty quickly, as they did last year. Other than that, put your years subscription to some good use, there are SOOO many great ideas and fliers on here it is DEFINATELY not a waste of $5.

The fee for Chef Success: $5.00. The wealth of information and resources I have recieved to grow my business: Priceless! This is such a great community to be a part of and I think the $5.00 is a great investment.

I am sorry to hear your child isn't feeling well. I understand how it can make your day just as horrible sometimes. Welcome and I hope you begin to enjoy the value of this site as much as the rest of us have.

Years ago 7 or 8 years when I started we would go to cluster meetings and only the peolpe that went to NC knew anything, My Director would make a big deal and make it into a show about the new products
It was so exciting . So now that we have CS its very different every one knows stuff way before the Cluster meetings

Hey Tabitha....welcome!!

I am glad you posted again and said what you did :) Bit of a rough start but I hope you stick around and use this site as your virtual cluster. We are all here to help and support each other in all matters great and small.

Ask any and all questions and you will be sure to get a response.

Later

MomToEli said:
Wow - who peed in your Post Toasties this morning? I mean, really.

Thanks Gred and Deb for this site. I'll gladly pay another $20 when it is time for me to renew. It has been worth every penny.

And another thing, missy. I don't just "chat" on this site. I've made friends that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. I've reduced the learning curve in my business by months and months because of the information here. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for an answer to some question I've had -- I'm lucky to get an answer in 24 hrs from my upline.

I understand you being disappointed that you didn't get what you wanted. But rudeness really isn't called for.

Oh, and the new products are INCREDIBLE. Customers are going to be going WILD! It was an AWESOME conference. You should have been there.

ETA: Now that I think of it, I paid several HUNDRED dollars to get an advanced view of the new products - and you complain because you didn't for $5? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Noaaaowww, lets not go saying to raise the price!! This comes from a penny pincher!! I also think it is well worth it, but no need to raise the price! It is perfect just how it is!
Schel:D

Welcome Tabita. Please accept my apology...as I was one of the 'snappers'.

This truly is an awesome sight and your initial posting triggered a rather gut response. I camped out here my first couple months. It saved me months in my learning curve also.

Welcome aboard!

Well here's my two cents :0) I don't know if July is a slow month for the rest of you but it's usually my slowest. I'm offering to pay the $5 subscription for each and every one of my downline consultants that submit at least $200 in sales this month - because I love this site and have found invaluable info here. I don't post often but I bounce in and read and search when I can. I would never have met Rita and got to use her WONDERFUL Newsletters if it wasn't for this sight. I recommend it highly and was a contributor before they even required you to.

Last edited:
My 2 cents... I absolutely love this site. Thanks Greg and Deb! You guys are doing an awesome job! I've been a cheffer for a while now, I haven't been as active in the biz as I would like to, (busy with 3 homeschoolers), but all I can say is that chefsuccess has been my virtual cluster to me. I can't imagine why someone would complain about the $5 fee. Think about all the virtual training and priceless information that we've gotten from this site not to mention the comaraderie. Did you see how many of us snapped back at Tabitha? I don't think anyone meant any harm, but we are a family and I am very thankful to Greg for keeping this site up for us. It is worth more than the $20 that I pay.

YES!! I love this site, and I am sooooo glad I signed up for it.

cmdtrgd said:
The $5 was instituted about a year ago, so the $5 would have been a recent payment.

Thanks, I've only been w/PC 4 months, only just went to my first hospitality cluster meeting Monday night so depend upon this site more than I should.

I also want to apologize to Tab for being so snippy. I too was having a really bad day, didn't realize I was so cranky, sorry.

Ya'll just crack me up. Obviously you can see by my posts that I don't say a lot, but I have spent hours upon hours sitting and reading and laughing. It is like sitting and looking at a photo album. Only better cause the people are truly alive! You hear about successes, disapointments, joys, fears, and just downright crazy adlibs. This is a wonderful "home" to come to no matter what kind of a day I am having, and I am so glad I stumbled upon it!!Thank you all for your support (even though you probably had no I idea you were necessarily giving it to me! I have learned so much here and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this thread. (See, aren't you glad I don't post more often! I write novels! ha!)-Kristen

I am a recent new member to Cheffers and I agree, it is the best! For years I've been on info loops from yahoogroups.com but found it increasingly frustrating to find anything of use there. I have just begun to use the Cheffers files section for flyers and such and am in heaven! Plus, the rapid pace people obviously read and reply is a breath of fresh air! And, a lot of newbies aren't aware of the rules of the site or PC so hopefully this will answer a lot of folks questions on WHY we can't share freely yet.

AJPratt said:
Welcome, Tabitha! I know the $5 seems like a pain, but there is so much that tihis site offers, and I am glad you are giving it a chance! We'll rope you in yet! Hey, although that was a bit of a beating you took (have had my fair share), at least you know when you ask a question, you'll get a really honest response! I like the tell-it-like-it-is people myself. I've always said, "I'd rather be punched in the face than stabbed in the back."

I can understand why you would be disappointed about that thread. I was too when I first read it! And, I am going to NC--but I'm impatient! I know, I'm terrible!

Anne!! Look at your sexy new hair! I haven't been on for a few days and you go get a hair makeover! Have you lost some weight since the last pic was taken? You look fabulous, dahling, just fabulous!!

Bren706 said:
The fee for Chef Success: $5.00. The wealth of information and resources I have recieved to grow my business: Priceless! This is such a great community to be a part of and I think the $5.00 is a great investment.

I am sorry to hear your child isn't feeling well. I understand how it can make your day just as horrible sometimes. Welcome and I hope you begin to enjoy the value of this site as much as the rest of us have.
I totally agree! I joiuned when it was free but acquiring all the info has been priceless even with the $5 per year fee! I know that without finding CS I would never had signed up with TPC, found my awesome Director here and would not have been as successful as I am today with out this wonderful Site! And the Friends that I have met here are icing on the cake! Welcome and enjoy, you will love it!

I have to agree...I love this site! I don't post a lot....okay...hardly at all!! My director and I don't exactly see eye to eye so I feel as if this my virtual cluster!! This site makes me feel like I'm not running my business all alone. I can't make it through a day with out checking out whats going on here!! I can't believe I only pay $5 to recieve all of the information and support that this site has to offer. It's driving me crazy not knowing what the new products are but the wait will be more than worth it!! I'm just so excited...I love this time of year....it's like Christmas!!

<h2>1. What is the chefsuccess website?</h2><p>The chefsuccess website is an online community for Pampered Chef consultants to connect, share ideas, and stay updated on the latest products and news.</p><h2>2. Why do I have to pay $5.00 to access the website?</h2><p>The $5.00 subscription fee helps cover the cost of maintaining the website and providing valuable resources and information for consultants.</p><h2>3. Can I access the website for free as a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>Yes, as a consultant, you can access the website for free, but you will need to create an account and subscribe to join the community.</p><h2>4. How can I see the new products if I couldn't attend the conference?</h2><p>The chefsuccess website is a great resource for staying updated on new products and information from the conference. You can also reach out to your director for pictures and updates.</p><h2>5. Are there any secrets or exclusive information shared on the chefsuccess website?</h2><p>The chefsuccess website is a community for consultants to support each other and share ideas. While there may be discussions about new products and information, there are no secrets or exclusive information shared. All updates and announcements will be officially communicated by Pampered Chef.</p>

1. What is the chefsuccess website?

The chefsuccess website is an online community for Pampered Chef consultants to connect, share ideas, and stay updated on the latest products and news.

2. Why do I have to pay $5.00 to access the website?

The $5.00 subscription fee helps cover the cost of maintaining the website and providing valuable resources and information for consultants.

3. Can I access the website for free as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a consultant, you can access the website for free, but you will need to create an account and subscribe to join the community.

4. How can I see the new products if I couldn't attend the conference?

The chefsuccess website is a great resource for staying updated on new products and information from the conference. You can also reach out to your director for pictures and updates.

5. Are there any secrets or exclusive information shared on the chefsuccess website?

The chefsuccess website is a community for consultants to support each other and share ideas. While there may be discussions about new products and information, there are no secrets or exclusive information shared. All updates and announcements will be officially communicated by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HealthNut
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
HealthNut