• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Home Party Hostess: Help Needed!

In summary, the sales need to be at around $150 before shipping and handling, but you have two options to make it happen. You can submit it as an individual order, but the host won't get any of the host specials. OR, you could order a few things for yourself (for door prizes, personal use, consultant gifts, etc.) to get the order up to $150. Good luck!
RuthV
First, I have that lovely cooking show(on my birthday no less) where everybody shows up with alcohol. No sells, no one wants to have a P.C. party. Total waste of my time and birthday. Couple of folks hubby knows from work want a catalog show so I do a small catalog show and get 2 orders totalling $175.07. These people pay me immediately so I can get the order out. Now, Pampered Partner Plus won't let the order go thru without a $150 worth of guest orders. I can't get up with the consultant who signed me. I'm feeling really lost and frustrated. The hostess wants her items as quickly as possibly. Any suggestions before I go beat my head against a wall? Right now I'm ready to give up on this completely.

Don't give up! The sales need to be at like $150 before s/h and tax. You have two options: You can submit it as an individual order, but the host won't get any of the host specials. Or, you could order a few things for yourself (for door prizes, personal use, consultant gifts, etc.) to get the order up to $150, you should be pretty close! Good luck :)

Is the show total 175.07 and not the product total? If you only need a couple dollars to make it qualify as a show just throw a couple season's best on their at your expense and give it to the two that did order as a gift. You will make the couple dollars back in commission anyway. Otherwise you should be able to put it through as a direct ship order it will just change the amount of shipping owed to you by the guests. Don't be frustrated, these things happen. I'm sorry you had a bad birthday! Take another day soon, set it aside just for you and your hubby and go have some fun you deserve it!

Don't give up... where are you in NC by the way?
Is your product total $150?
How much are you short? Do you have enough money to order something for yourself to use at shows to boost the sales to get to the $150?

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Yes... Happy Birthday... sorry!

Take a deep breath. I had problems like this when I first started PC as well (3 years ago). My director told me I was lucky. I was getting all of my nightmares and craziness over with so that I would know how to handle them later on in my business. She said most people don't have to deal with this until after their first 9 months. Just smile and know you are getting some things out of the way with your first swing. Keep your chin up, it does get better.
Happy Birthday!

Don't give up. It will take you a while to learn all the savy ways of pampered partner. Happy Belated Birthday:D

I am new as well, but I am thinking she would have to change this to a cooking show in order to have only a $150 minimum? Is that true?

cookingisfunagain said:
I am new as well, but I am thinking she would have to change this to a cooking show in order to have only a $150 minimum? Is that true?
Nope- catalog shows also have a $150 minimum. Where is gets confusing is that that is PRODUCT SALES minimum, which does not include tax or shipping/handling charges.

Doesn't the show have to be $150 in GUEST sales - so the purchase of the HOST doesn't count?

I get really confused on this. It's guest sales that make a show qualified, not total sales, or even commissionable sales, yes?

You're right, Sandy. GUEST PRODUCT sales. SO the host's order doesn't count toward qualifying as a show.

You've got it- the guest sales are what makes a show qualified.

RuthV,
Couldn't you just call the host and tell her it won't qualify as a show unless guest sales are $150, so she needs to get a couple more outside orders? Tell the host she will get free shipping on this order and 10% off for a year if she can get a little more in sales, and tell her if she gets up to $200 she gets $10 in free product. She might work a little harder for that. Don't give up. Call her with confidence!
JAE

Thanks for the suggestions and belated birthday wishes. Talked to the hostess of the catalog show. She OK'd me adding her orders onto my cooking show from this weekend because she wants her items in time for July 4th. She also booked a cooking show for the middle of July. So, we worked everything out. I just got done submitting the show from Saturday(had to call about a discount that didn't want to go thru) so I'm feeling better now. Thanks again for the advise you all offered.

1. How can I increase attendance at my home party?

To increase attendance at your home party, it is important to promote it through various channels such as social media, word of mouth, and sending out invitations. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring a friend or family member. Additionally, make sure to create a fun and inviting atmosphere to encourage guests to attend.

2. What should I do if guests cancel last minute?

If guests cancel last minute, don't panic. Use this as an opportunity to reach out to other potential guests and invite them to attend. You can also offer virtual options such as live streaming the party for those who are unable to attend in person.

3. How do I handle difficult guests at my home party?

It is important to remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult guests. Try to understand their concerns and address them in a polite and respectful manner. If necessary, you can also involve your Pampered Chef consultant for support.

4. How can I make my home party more engaging?

To make your home party more engaging, consider incorporating interactive activities such as games or cooking demonstrations. You can also encourage guests to participate by asking for their input and feedback during the party.

5. What are some tips for successful home party sales?

Some tips for successful home party sales include setting goals, offering special deals and promotions, and ensuring that your products are displayed attractively. It is also important to listen to your guests' needs and provide personalized recommendations for their specific needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
vhadley
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies