• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Nemesis: Frustrating Host Experiences

In summary, the speaker is frustrated with a fundraiser they agreed to do for a small mental health agency. The chairperson, who was initially easy to work with, has not collected many orders and has stood the speaker up for a meeting. The speaker has lost money on catalogs and is now giving up on the fundraiser. They sympathize with others who have had similar frustrating experiences with hosts.
MEChefJulie
I don't know where to begin... About 2 months ago I had a show that was incredible and it led to this fundraiser that is open now. This fundraiser is my NEMESIS!!!! The chairperson was excited to do it and was initially sooooo easy to work with. She really didn't want me to do anything and she wanted it to purely a catalog show. I suggested a demo but she didn't want it. This fundraiser is to support her agency, which is a small mental health agency. So, she was going to have her employees, about 40 people, collect orders catalog show style. Sounded fine to me... since I've had some great catalog shows. Well... the fundraiser started at the end of February... and as you know it's APRIL and it's still open!!!! I pushed it back because she didn't have orders collected in March... well she doesn't now either! I think she has a total of 4 orders to give me. It might not even be at $150!

So, I'm totally cutting my losses here... I'm out 40 catalogs I know I won't see. I must have paid $20 in copies ... at least... for each person to have to entice bookings.

And to top it off... this is the icing on this cake.... I arranged a time with this woman to meet today to close this show and SHE STOOD ME UP! I hope she has a good reason....

I know many of you have had frustrating host experiences as well.... I now can truly sympathize! The sad thing about this one is that I really was excited for this agency to fundraise and it had sooo much potential!

I've been there done that too.
I know how you feel. I did a FR in January for a ski club went to there meeting to kick it off with 50 packets , catalogs, 3-4 order forms a letter all in a lg envelop, ready to hand out . no one wanted to take the packets maybe 3 people did .
The party maybe got 150.00 in orders ( some I put in for a friend to reach the 150.) and also held open for 2month I had to call her many times to tell here I really need to close this. Anyway I hd the products delvered to Me I put it in as Caddy show cause moct of the orders came from Me and just cut my losses .
I would call her and just tell her that HO want's you to close the party cause it can't be open that long , and just move on ( I'm still waitting for a good Fundraiser I have learned what to do now going into it again with making sure everone takes part in the fundraiser even if its only a few orders from each person
Good luck

I hear ya. I have a gal that's had orders since Feb as well. Tried to do a cooking show in March and she cancelled. She told me she'd fax the orders to me last week. Guess what? No sign of them!

That is sooooo frustrating! I hope there is some miraculous turnaround.:(

1. Why do I keep getting hosts who cancel at the last minute?

Unfortunately, this can happen with any business that relies on hosting events. It could be due to a variety of reasons, such as scheduling conflicts, unexpected emergencies, or simply losing interest. While we can't control the actions of others, we recommend following up with your host regularly to confirm their commitment and offering incentives for hosting, such as free products or discounts.

2. How do I handle a host who doesn't invite enough guests?

Communication is key in this situation. Make sure to set clear expectations with your host and ask them to invite a specific number of guests. If they fail to meet this number, kindly remind them of the agreement and offer suggestions for ways they can reach out to more people, such as posting on social media or sending out personalized invitations.

3. What should I do if my host doesn't show up to their own party?

This can be a frustrating experience, but it's important to remain professional and understanding. Follow up with your host to find out why they weren't able to attend, and offer to reschedule the party for a later date. If they are unable to host again, consider reaching out to their guests directly to offer them the opportunity to still make purchases or attend another party.

4. How can I handle a host who doesn't provide enough refreshments or space for the party?

It's always a good idea to discuss these details with your host before the party. Remind them of the benefits of providing refreshments and adequate space, such as creating a more enjoyable atmosphere for their guests and potentially increasing sales. If they are unable to accommodate, consider providing some refreshments yourself or finding a different location for the party.

5. What should I do if my host doesn't follow through with their sales commitments?

First, make sure you have a clear agreement with your host in terms of their sales goals and incentives. If they fail to meet these commitments, have a conversation with them to find out why and offer support or suggestions for ways they can reach their goals. If they consistently do not meet their commitments, it may be necessary to stop working with them as a host in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg