• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Military Wife: No Updates on DH's Rank & Upcoming Board Promotions

In summary, the new Director was promoted Sept 1st and the couple is waiting to hear if their husband can get out of the military early.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
My DH put in a package over the summer for his next rank (military you know!) and we still have not heard anything. In fact NO ONE has heard anything. Two years ago the message was released in early October and last year in late October but it is the 8th already!
I am so frustrated!!!PLus he has another board that he is up for that should release in January. He "could" get two promotions by Feb 2 but I just want to know NOW!!:rolleyes:

Okay, I understood about half of what you said, but I FELT your frustration!!!

Thanks Kate!!!

I feel your pain. My husband and I just moved to a new area and had to wait forever and ever for his promotion. I never thought the day would come but, he finally got it here around the last week in August... and within a week later I got mine. I promoted to Director Sept 1st.

So, Now we are Both HAPPY DANCING!!!!

I know its hard to wait bc I am a very impatient person. But, the time will come and he will get his promotion. It is not fun when you have wait on military time and we both know it is very very slow pace.

:D

Jennifer
New Director Promoted Sept 1st

WALKING ACROSS STAGE AT LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!! YAHOO

WAVE 1

Same here! I feel for you and hope you get what you want, but had to read the post 5 times to understand half of it, LOL!

Didn't you know one of the military's mottos: "hurry up and wait" :confused: They are so sllooowww and take forever to let you know anything. We are waiting to hear if my husband can get out of the military early. If he can we will leave by the end of the year. It took them 2 months just to send off the paperwork. Waiting for the military has been the story of my husbands whole time in the military...

My husband is military and I still didn't understand parts of the post, but that's okay, must be a different promoting system than my hubby has. We are definitely used to waiting. It's hard to be patient sometimes! :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Related to Frustrated Military Wife: No Updates on DH's Rank & Upcoming Board Promotions

What can I do if my husband's rank hasn't been updated and there is no information about his upcoming board promotions?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand the frustration of not having updates on your spouse's military career. The best course of action is to reach out to your husband's commanding officer or the personnel office at his unit. They will have the most up-to-date information on his rank and any upcoming promotions.

Why is it taking so long for my husband's rank to be updated?

There are a variety of reasons why a military member's rank may not be updated in a timely manner. These can include administrative errors, delays in paperwork processing, or even budget constraints. It's important to remain patient and communicate regularly with your husband's unit for updates.

Is there a way to expedite the promotion process for my husband?

Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite the promotion process in the military. Promotions are based on a combination of factors such as time in service, performance evaluations, and available positions. It's important to continue supporting your husband and his career while patiently waiting for updates on his rank.

What can I do to stay informed about my husband's rank and promotions?

One of the best ways to stay informed is to regularly communicate with your husband's unit. You can also join military spouse support groups or attend unit events to stay updated on any changes or updates. Additionally, your husband can provide you with his promotion timeline and keep you informed of any updates or changes.

How can I support my husband during this frustrating time of waiting for promotions?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I know that being a military spouse can be challenging, especially when there are delays in promotions. The best way to support your husband is to continue being a source of love and encouragement. You can also offer to help with any tasks or responsibilities that may alleviate some of the stress and burden on him. Remember to communicate openly and support each other through this challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • The_Kitchen_Guy