• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining

In summary, the new consultant tried to help her with her party but the military wife was angry and resentful and ended up quitting.
baychef
Silver Member
So I had an HO lead many months ago. It was always the wrong time to start so dummy here (that would be me) called her and asked her if I paid for a mini kit, would she like to join. She signed July 14, 2011.

I sent a host packet to her mother in Florida with her infomation on labels so she could get her first party in by the end of July.

Everyone was happy. Well, she went on vacation, they had a small accident (everyone was fine) then this came up and that came up. I had a meeting about 1 mile from her home...couldn't make it. Mom's party never went in.She wanted to get a little more serious and booked her first party for early Nov. (the date was vague).

In the meantime, the last weekend of October, I had a party not more than 1/2 mile from her. She was going to come and view it. Well her husband's unit Halloween party was that afternoon. She blew me off and did not tell me she was not coming. I also called her before I left the area offering to come over and help her set up her P3 and do some training. No call back.

She is a military wife and Mom and wanted to spend her time with her husband before he went away for a few weeks for training...understood. In her defense, she has a toddler and is pregnant.

Tried to help her understand what my school job entails..it has been many long hours. We are putting in a new computer system in all 8 buildings. This past weekend I had 4 parties between Friday night and Sunday afternoon(sold over $4600). All but one of those parties have been submitted. My sales are over $5,000 so far for the month.

So when I do get the date of her first party, not only did I have a party that day, but my newest (and more willing) consultant had her first party planned and we had set the date that I would be there.

I called to ask her how the party went. No responce. Texted her on Nov. 8th and asked how the party went. I did not ID myself so she texted back "who is this" I texted an apologie telling her who I was...nothing back.

On Nov. 13th she texted. Can you come over to help me input this party. My days at work right now are extremely tense and very long days. Sometimes I did not check my texts. She texted this morning...why aren't you answering me? I called her on the way to work. And the other new consultant was scrambling and needed my help as well.

Tried to balance work, took calls during work with both of them guiding them. When I got home at 8 pm. I shoveled dinner down, she called (as I had asked her to before she submitted everything). I called her right back.

Ok...to wrap this long story up...she had been submitting guests orders as individual orders...I had asked her not to submit anything and I would lead her through it.

Once she realized what she did, she ripped into me how I wasn't helping her and she should not have to learn this over the phone, etc. I just let her rant. She was correct in some of her criticism of me. I know I have not been there as much. I did what I could, when it was convenient for her.

I did try to calmly say a few things in hopes of not making matters worse but it was one of those conversations where no matter what I said, I was to blame....period. So her parting words were that she was going to call Home Office to see if they could help her get in the party correctly. I just said ok I will be here if you need me.

Now...here is how I feel. This is why I am not pushing recruiting lately. I know my time is limited so I try not to get too many things going where I will screw someone up. Yes, I feel responsible and I know that I can not promise I will be there for someone all of the time because I can't. But you know right now...I have little sympathy for someone who signs up exactly 4 months ago and waits till the last freaking minute to get serious about getting a party in. My feelings are floating between guilt and disappointment in myself and utter anger at her.

Hopefully she will cool off and talk rationally. If she doesn't I am so ready to bless and release.

My newer and more willing consultant is going to a vendor event with me this weekend and signing her first recruit in the next day or so. Her husband is in the Coast Guard and she has a toddler. That is where my energy will go.

Thank you for letting me vent, rant, whine and complain. I am now taking my kitty and going to bed.:)

I know that you mean. I'm casual with recruiting lately too because I barely have time to keep up with my personal business and frankly that comes first.This gal could have done the tutorial on P3. If she had taken any initiative in this she would have known not to make them ind orders. This is not your fault at all. What a piece of work.

I am just so tired and my full time job is just wiping me out. I so did not need her crap tonight. And my other consultant worked with me on the phone and managed to submit it all.

The "angry one" had not even loaded her P3...but had her kit for 4 months.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I feel better already!

(((hugs))) We just can't make procrastination on their part cause an emergency on our part.I have an overseas host who didn't get me her credit card number before she went to bed. I e-mailed her a few hours ago & told her there was only 7 hours left until the deadline, but I was tired & wouldn't be sitting up until midnight ... so if she wanted the turkey, she would need to call when she got up ... and before I went to bed. She did! She wanted the turkey bad enough to not push me to the deadline. LOL Sometimes just laying the deadline out there really can help ... like "I have 4 shows this weekend, so if we haven't connected by Thursday, it might be Monday before I slow down enough to chat ..."I always tell new consultants that if they check with me BEFORE they schedule their first cooking show & work with my calendar, that I'm happy to come along for their first one ... but that I'm not going to re-schedule my hosts to fit their schedule. So far, that's always worked. ;)

I just read your 2nd post. You are very right girl. She can't blame all of this on you. She has to take the initiative for her business to work. She didn't work hard enough to buy the kit ... she's not that serious about working her business either. Lesson learned, right? ;)

I am continually baffled by the people who think that having their own business actually means someone else taking the initiative for them and also taking the fault when things don't go as they want them too due to a lack of effort/planning on their part.

Hugs to you! Definately focus your energy where it is deserved!

baychef said:
Once she realized what she did, she ripped into me how I wasn't helping her and she should not have to learn this over the phone, etc. I just let her rant. She was correct in some of her criticism of me. I know I have not been there as much. I did what I could, when it was convenient for her.
There isn't one bit of this that was your fault!! She wasn't correct in her criticism of you at all. You have to work your business first because that is how you make most of your paycheck. I don't know why she thinks she shouldn't have to learn over the phone. I have met certain consultants in person before for training but I certainly don't do that with everyone that would be impossible!! She never came or responded when you offered her help or training and you offered more than I do for my team! Plus like Deb said, she could have taking the tutorial and figured out Ind orders for her self. That is not your job!

On a similar note, I am amazed at how demanding some of my newest consultants are, I have 4 small kids and I have already done 11 Pampered Chef events $6,000 in sales so far) this month along with a few small part time jobs and trained 2 new consultants and I could go on and on. I had one tell me she was going to quit because she made a mistake and didn't earn the last 2 bags from the promo last month and she has shows on her calender. I had someone call me in the last few hours of the month to tell me the payments weren't balancing on her show and could I figure it out:veryfunny: UMM no, how would I be able to figure it out?
Don't feel bad at all, I think you went above and beyond to help her get started!

Thank you all SOOOO much! I certainly was not perfect, however, consultants do not realized that we can not do one on one just when it fits into their life. They have to meet us half way.

I really appreciate the feedback from everyone. Ok...it's 5:30 am. Another day that is so full it already has stretch marks on it!!!:help:

I agree that you have gone over and above! What gets me is that the people you do the most for are the ones that come back to bite you! Did she forget that you bought her kit? She doesn't have your number programmed in her phone? She has blown off all your attempts to train her but when she finally does a show YOU aren't there for her?{{{{{HIGS}}}}}

HUGS! NOT your fault. :candyheart:

Not your fault... this is HER business... why is it that WE feel so responsible when someone is rude, inconsiderate, selfish, unorganized, unmotivated??? I have a TON of new consultants... if fact all of them and I have signed 25 this year.. who install P3 and submit their shows. I NEVER go to their house and help them install it. I NEVER go to their house and train them... frankly I feel like if they can't do the tutorial and figure it out, with help over the phone from me or HO, there is VERY little chance they will be truly successful at this business. The key to this business is being self motivated and a self starter.

You all have made me feel SO much better. Jenni, thank you for your post...it helps me take some of the pressure off!

my pleasure... bless and release... because quite frankly, she will be just as clueless tomorrow when she wakes up.. you can't fix stupid

pcjenni said:
my pleasure... bless and release... because quite frankly, she will be just as clueless tomorrow when she wakes up.. you can't fix stupid

:veryfunny:

pcjenni said:

:veryfunny::roflmao:

And I see that HO did not fix her 4 individual orders she submitted. And I just sent this to my team. I truly mean it all, but was thinking that I hope she reads it and realizes...hmmmm could it be...moi? Probably not because she is still boiling in her own anger.

Wahoo for the Easter Team!

We are a green team by the 15th! Congratulations to Tim, Cyndi & Simone for all submitting $1,000 parties so far in November!

For those of you who are wondering what a green team is...this means that 6 or more of you are active in the month so far. In addition, we have added one new team member, Brittany (congratulations Kerri on her first recruit!). We have also welcomed back a former team member, Sarah and will soon be welcoming back yet another team member, Kim!

Great job everyone for offering others great bargains on our wonderful products and for sharing the business opportunity with others!

I almost wanted to put in a little note saying...see Gertrude (name changed to protect the guilty)? Others are getting it, rocking it and I have had TWO rejoin with HO's returning program!! 16 team members ok with things...and one not. Also, my total organizational sales are almost $31,500. I love November!

She is blessed and released.:clap:

LOL You go girl. ;)

Like my husband says "sometimes you just want to ask them 'what other parts of your job would you like me to do for you?'", LOL

HO did fix her show, which I really am glad. In some way, I want to approach her but then I wonder why I feel the need to have her kick me in the teeth again!

Yesteday I did a vendor fair and my new consultant came to the event. The event was not well attended but my consultant did get tips on how to do an effecitive vendor fair. Also did some other coaching/training with her. So like working with people that are willing!!:chef:

Wow. If it was already showing up on your screen as individual orders, I wonder how they fixed it. Maybe the orders hadn't been shipped yet? But I'm not sure how they would have handled it in their system if the orders already went out.

What is "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining"?

"Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining" is a phrase commonly used to indicate that a piece of writing or conversation will consist of a lengthy and potentially negative expression of emotions or complaints.

Why do people use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining"?

People use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining" as a way to give others a heads up that what they are about to read or hear may be emotionally charged and may involve a lot of complaining or negativity. It can also serve as a way to express their own discomfort or frustration before launching into a long rant.

Is it necessary to use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining"?

No, it is not necessary to use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining". Some people may use it as a way to warn others and manage their expectations, while others may feel that it is unnecessary and prefer to simply express their emotions without any disclaimer.

What should I do if I come across "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining"?

If you come across "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining", you can choose to continue reading or listening with an open mind and try to understand the person's perspective. Alternatively, you can choose to disengage and avoid potentially negative or triggering content.

How can I effectively use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining"?

If you choose to use "Warning...long Vent,Rant, Whining and Complaining", it is important to use it sparingly and only when necessary. It should not be used as an excuse to constantly vent or complain without considering the impact on others. It is also important to be mindful of the tone and language used, and to try to offer solutions or seek support rather than just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • baychef