• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What led you to join this amazing team and business?

In summary, the person joined Pampered Chef after being introduced by a friend and taking the leap to order the starter kit without their husband's permission. Their experience with the company has been amazing and they have faced challenges with their husband's initial reluctance and health issues. They enjoy riding their Harley, getting tattoos, scrapbooking, and spending time with their family. A memorable moment was being asked to give a tip at an executive banquet despite recovering from Bells Palsy.
pchefkristin
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! ;)

A friend from a Scrapbooking message board told me about this site, so thought I would come over and check it out! I have been on just a few days, but you all are AMAZING! What a wealth of information! I am sure I will be seeing more of you all, and will certainly be directing me team over here as well.

Not sure if you want to know anything about me, but here it goes anyhoo!

I am Kristin Cherwinski, from E. Tawas Michigan. I started this biz just over 3 years ago at a cooking show a gal from church was putting on. I was new to the area, and a new mom for the second time. I fell in love with the consultant and she asked me to join her team. Took the info home to my hubby who said, "not just no, but h*ll no!". :(

About 3 months after that show, Laurie came back up our way again, and did another show for another of the ladies from my new little church. I helped her tally orders (as there were like 35 people there!), mine included, which was $140... and I ordered the kit as well. Didnt tell my husband until the stuff came by UPS. My new philosophy.... "sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."

I got a great start to my business, and then in my third month, having all ready recruited a few gals, I started having health issues. My doc said, "Quit your job, you are having anxiety attacks like I have never seen before." I said NO WAY JOSE! I plugged away on drugs, only a year later to find out, my gall bladder needed to come out and wha~la... problem solved! Over the last three years in the biz, I have had a slew of medical issues, but so far everyone has been wonderful with it.

Last year, I earned TPC in recruiting and took my Husband on a 7 day Carribean Cruise. (CANNOT tell you how wonderful that was... I am not sure just how many times he thanked me and told me how proud he was, and I also cannot tell you how many times I said "I told you so!" :D ) Right after that trip, I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy (again from my doc~ The worst case he had seen) which rendered me partially blind and deaf! :eek: So I took it easy for a few months, and my team stepped up to bat and really lead by example. (I am so blessed it is unbelieveable to me!) Even when I was asked to do a tip at Nancy Jo Ryans exec banquet, my face was still paralized on the left side, and I looked horrible, but I felt like $1 million! My teammates, and others stood by my side and I am so grateful! Isnt this business amazing?!?

I really think this medical stuff started when I married my husband.. what do you all think?! Can I blame him?! Heheh. Actually, he too has been just amazing. Right now I am looking at a breast biopsy on the 22nd of this month, so I have been milking it a bit with him, telling him I want to do things he would have never gone for before. (Like me going to PA on the 25th to attend one of Don Funts shows!) LOL!

My team has grown, and shrunk over the last three years. Last year I joked I had the most fertile team on the planet having 9 consultants pregnant at the same time! Hey, dont look at me! It wasnt my fault!! :rolleyes: I just feel like God must really love me bunches to put all these blessings in my life, and I dont take anything for granted! I love to share, and I play well with others..hehe. Oh, and I also have a wacky sense of humor too.

Outside of PC, I love to go riding with my husband (we own a Harley), though last year I couldnt because of the Bells Palsy thing, so watch out this summer... we are hittin the road! I love body art, and have several tattoos that I love, and some that I wish I had never gotten. I am a fairly new Christian having accepted Jesus into my life for good about 4 years ago. And I love to scrapbook... more of an altering fool that anything else. I tell my two boys (ages 13 & 3) that if they stop moving around too much, I may just try to mod podge some paper onto them and alter them up as well! :D

Hmmmm,,, Ok, I think that is all. Look forward to chatting with you all more!!

Welcome to this group. It is wonderful isn't it? People here are great.

I also got ill after marrying my husband (chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia). My husband is actually quite supportive of PC. He even tells me to use my income to get stuff for me - like new kitchen products to replace the junk we own and a new laptop (ordering later today).

You sound like you've had a crazy few years. May you be blessed with good health and live to 120.

Wow! You certainly have had a lot happen the past few years! But it sounds like you have a wonderful outlook on life & a fun personality, and I'm sure that is what's gotten you through everything.
Welcome to our virtual cluster:) I've been here for about a year, and have met lots of great gals & guys, and have learned so much! I'm sure we'll be learning from you now!

tlennhoff said:
Welcome to this group. It is wonderful isn't it? People here are great.

I also got ill after marrying my husband (chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia). My husband is actually quite supportive of PC. He even tells me to use my income to get stuff for me - like new kitchen products to replace the junk we own and a new laptop (ordering later today).

You sound like you've had a crazy few years. May you be blessed with good health and live to 120.

WOW - maybe it's getting married that does it! I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 9 months after I was married (really though - I can pinpoint exactly what brought it on, and it wasn't my DH!) My husband goes back and forth in being supportive & critical.....when I have a good month he's happy - a not so good month and he thinks I work to much for what I get. That is why I will earn the cruise this year....to win him over once and for all!

Welcome Kristin to this site! When I was little we used to vacation In East Tawas at a little resort on Lake Huron.....now that I live by Lake Mich. - it's been years since I've been over your way, but I have many fond memories!

Kristin~

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I am glad to hear the positive outlook you have on life. Even more glad to hear that you are now a Christian! God can help us get through even the toughest things in our lives...and then he can use those experiences so we can help others! Sounds like you are quite an inspiriation to your guests and team!

Glad to have you here...I am sure you have lots of things to share with all of us!

welcome Kristin!

I've enjoyed your contributions already and can't wait to meet you in Chicago in July!

Welcome Kristin - also check out our thread in Chef's Lounge - it was about thinking how to use the 3-2-1 philosophy in your Christian life, but has turned into a lot of prayer requests for each other...join us! :)

Welcome to our virtual cluster! I am looking forward to hearing (err, reading) your wonderful ideas.

I am feeling like the new kid in school! Hehe. THANK YOU all for the warm welcome. Sometimes I feel like I can be a bit over zealous, so feel free to step up and tell me to stuff a sock in it!

Becky, Tasha... I am tellin ya girls.. this husband thing is the root of all our problems. Hehehe. Naw, I love my man like mad. He is a big burly snuggly bear! And Becky, you would be welcome to come for a visit any old time. We are just across the street from the state police post about a half a block from the waters edge!

Lacy and Debbie... I dont know what it is about you two, but I feel like I have known you much longer than two days! LOL! Cannot wait to meet up with you gals!

Kelly and Janet... sisters in Christ. I love to be able to look at someone and hear them talk and KNOW they live for Him. You both are amazing examples of showing Gods love, and spreading His Word. I look forward to reading more about the 3-2-1 post you mentioned.

And Miss Jennifer, thank you for the welcome! YOu may be sorry you said you are look forward hearing (or reading) from me! I have often related myself to my sister consultants as the thorn in their sides!

Truly ladies, you have made me feel quite at home, and just this evening at my cluster meeting I invited my gals to come over here for a visit as well! You all are a blessing, and I am thankful for the warmth I have recieved from you all! THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Welcome.

We're an unruly bunch, but you'll find lots of good tips here.

Welcome to our fun cluster!!! You will get a lot of help and support here..and can give some back as well. It is nice to know that there are so many Christians on this board..God is so great and such a blessing to my business and my whole life.

Welcome, from someone else living in the mitten. :)

1. What made you decide to join Pampered Chef?

I was introduced to Pampered Chef by a friend at a cooking show and fell in love with the consultant. She invited me to join her team, but my husband initially said no. However, three months later, I took the leap and ordered the starter kit without telling my husband. I decided that sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

2. How has your experience been with Pampered Chef so far?

Overall, my experience with Pampered Chef has been amazing. I've had some health issues over the years, but my team and the company have been incredibly supportive. I even earned a trip to the Caribbean and my husband was so proud of me, despite initially being against me joining.

3. Have you faced any challenges while building your business?

Yes, I have faced some challenges, including my husband's initial reluctance and my own health issues. However, my team has always stepped up to support me and I am grateful for their help and dedication.

4. What do you enjoy doing outside of your Pampered Chef business?

In my free time, I love riding my Harley with my husband, getting new tattoos, and scrapbooking. I am also a new Christian and love spending time with my two sons, ages 13 and 3.

5. What has been your most memorable moment with Pampered Chef?

There have been many memorable moments with Pampered Chef, but one that stands out is when I was asked to do a tip at an executive banquet, despite still recovering from Bells Palsy. My face was partially paralyzed, but I felt like a million dollars and was so grateful for the support of my team and colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aimee73b