• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting & Seeking Inspiration: A Frustrated Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the author is frustrated with their fundraiser and their show. They are nervous about their first "real" demonstration. They are hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
hoosierchef
Ok....I just need to vent and maybe get a little inspiration. I'm so frustrated on so many different levels......

Ok...my fundraiser is dragging her feet. I was so excited...but now it's just dragging out. She just asked if we could push the end date back. EEK! I'm in my first 30 days and was really depending on this.

My first show had disappointing sales, but I recieved two bookings off of it. I just need to get her to close too! The party was fun though....I enjoy doing these "game" shows much better.....

I was supposed to go to my first cluster meeting tonight, but my sitter backed out and the few other options I have can't watch my son either! GRRR.....When I talked to my Director about bringing my son, setting him in a corner with his DVD player and/or Gameboy, she acted like she wasn't too thrilled at the idea, so needless to say, I won't be going. Sorry...my family comes first. I understand her feelings too, but I'm slowly losing my excitement about selling Pampered Chef again and quickly realizing why I got out of it the last time.

My first "Real" demonstation show is tomorrow night. A former co-worker who happens to also be a former consultant was kind enough to host a show for me. I am soooooo not prepared. I'm nervous.... I don't have any extras for door prizes, because I haven't entered a supply order yet. :( (The reason I say "real demonstration" is because my last show was a Bunco party, so the demo was quick and basically going over Pampered Chef.) Grr.....I know I can do it.....but I'm just so nervous and frustrated.....and my life is a mess.

If you actually took the time to read this....thanks. I'm sorry....I just don't have anyone I feel like I can talk to who would understand.......:(

We are here for you. Did you tell your Director your frustrations? Can you think of any other options for care for your son so you can still go tonight? I'm gonna pray something opens up for you for his care and that you feel a sense of calm and courage to go and have a great time tomorrow night! Praying right now!

I'm sorry that your director wasn't thrilled about taking your son to the meeting. Our monthly meetings fall on a night when I have my daughter and my husband doesn't get home in time to watch her, so I take her with me. My director is very understanding about it. She knows that I will be bringing her every month.

Tammi,
I know eeryone gets frusterated when things arent going right. But you will do awsome with your first show tomorrow everyone I know has been nervous when they do thier first show. Doing it with another consultant as the hostess will be hard. For the door prizes I would just add it on to the hostess order I have done it under the guests name so it went directly to them.
I also know what you mean about shows closing on time that is one of my biggest frustrations.
I am also sorry you missed your cluster meeting due to not being able to get a sitter. I know cluster meetings are important to go to but Chef Success is like an online cluster I rarely get to go to mine.
Good lUck

Tami - hang in there! I was feeling down last night because I started an online show on Thursday - all excited because I finally got a website and could get started (1st home show isn't 'til 2/28!!!!) and I REALLY would love to qualify with it, but lo and behold...all weekend - NADA!

Anyway, I dropped off my daughter at school today and an order was waiting for me with a promise of 2 more to come...saw a few people at work today who are getting orders together now and are PROMISING to order so things are starting to look up.

I once heard Mark Lowry (Christian comedian) with a great skit...he said his favorite verse in the Bible is... "And it came to pass...." ...and he just stops there (laugh). You have a bad year last year, don't worry, it'll pass, have a good year last year? Don't worry, it'll pass... Always makes me chuckle...this too will come to pass for you too...HANG IN THERE! :)

About the door prizes....
On the few occasions I have found myself out of door prizes, I give free shipping as the door prize. People love it! :) Also, do you still receive 6 current Season's Best Cookbooks in your kit to use as door prizes? You can use that for the hostess thank-you and then give free shipping as a door prize. If you play any games, you can always pick up some little trinkets from the $ store to give as prizes until you have a chance to order some.
Don't get discouraged. Chin up! :) Not earning all of your incentives during your first 30 days isn't the end of the world. There are PLENTY of opportunities with this company to earn TONS of free stuff! Just remember that what you do today affects your business 60-90 days from now. So, your hard work now will pay off, just be patient. :)

Tammy, Jen took my suggestion about free shipping. Hang in there. If you had to make a choice between your son and a meeting, you made the right choice. I would suggest talking to your director sometime before the next meeting to reach an understanding about what she thinks you should do in that situation. (She may really prefer that a child never be brought to a meeting, or you may have caught her as she was trying to unstop the toilet. From me they would probably sound about the same. :rolleyes: )

I'm confident you'll do a fine job. Just remember how much you love the products. Share that excitement, and you'll do great!

Thank you all soo much. I would have never thought of the Free shipping. What a great Door Prize!

I really appreciate all your encouragement. I'm so happy to have CS!!

Jen- To clarify, no....they don't send out the extra SB's, not that I recall.....Of course, it could just be buried under my dining room table. :( There's another whole subject.....LOL I won't go there....not yet.

Let's just say....Have you ever seen that show on TLC...Clean Sweep? I could be their best show!! LOL

hoosierchef said:
Thank you all soo much. I would have never thought of the Free shipping. What a great Door Prize!

I really appreciate all your encouragement. I'm so happy to have CS!!

Jen- To clarify, no....they don't send out the extra SB's, not that I recall.....Of course, it could just be buried under my dining room table. :( There's another whole subject.....LOL I won't go there....not yet.

Let's just say....Have you ever seen that show on TLC...Clean Sweep? I could be their best show!! LOL

The 6 season's best come in the $36.00 Business building package that you can buy in the first 60 days...thanks for the reminder to mail my form out today (well at least get it in a mailbox!)

You should have 6 Season's Best in your kit. You'll find them!

DebbieJ said:
You should have 6 Season's Best in your kit. You'll find them!

Not in the kit - only the building package. You only get 1 in your kit.

Yep, just 1 SB in the change-over kit.

In the paperwork in the new consutant kit, there should be 6 season's best to give away as gifts to your first hosts.

I know the booster has some as well, but they are supposed to be in the original kit as well!

DebbieJ said:
In the paperwork in the new consutant kit, there should be 6 season's best to give away as gifts to your first hosts.

I know the booster has some as well, but they are supposed to be in the original kit as well!

Debbie,
I think that maybe in the "new" new consultant kit, they aren't included. I checked the list behind CC of what is included in their kit and it didn't mention them anywhere. :confused:

Yeah, didn't get them...maybe because your first hosts get a trivet or hand lotion.

Hmm....that's odd!

They really streamlined the new consultant program including the paperwork to not overwhelm new recruits. There is one SB for recipes, but the 6 no longer come in the paperwork kit...

That's right- just one SBRC in the kit. There were several of us who gave someone in the new kit room at Leadership the third degree about that.

I just got my kit a couple of weeks ago and it had 2 Season's Best. I had gotten a free cooling rack at the party I attended in November when I began to sign up, so I used that as my door prize at my first show last Friday (I already had 3 so I REALLY didn't need another one). But I didn't have anything for my show this Saturday -- free shipping is a great idea. How do I enter that?

And, by the way, how do you set up a standard signature line here? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Joy Timmons
Castaic, CA

You're right - I did have a 2nd one in with the paperwork box and one in the product/tote box.

Quick links - edit signature for the signature...

Joyful said:
I just got my kit a couple of weeks ago and it had 2 Season's Best. I had gotten a free cooling rack at the party I attended in November when I began to sign up, so I used that as my door prize at my first show last Friday (I already had 3 so I REALLY didn't need another one). But I didn't have anything for my show this Saturday -- free shipping is a great idea. How do I enter that?
I just add a "Consultant Gift" payment to the order of the person who wins - $4.24 with tax here in MI.

chefann said:
I just add a "Consultant Gift" payment to the order of the person who wins - $4.24 with tax here in MI.

Ann ~ What do you offer as your Gifts? I discovered this "Consultant Gift" payment button last night as I was entering my orders from my first show. That is so awesome! :p

1. What is venting and seeking inspiration?

Venting and seeking inspiration is a process where Pampered Chef consultants share their frustrations and challenges with each other in order to find support and inspiration to overcome these challenges. It is a way for consultants to connect with others who may have faced similar struggles and find motivation to keep going.

2. How can I find support and inspiration through venting?

By sharing your frustrations with other Pampered Chef consultants, you may find that others have faced similar challenges and have come up with creative solutions. This can help you feel less alone and give you new ideas to try in your business. Additionally, receiving support and encouragement from others can give you the motivation you need to keep pushing forward.

3. Is venting and seeking inspiration only for consultants who are struggling?

No, venting and seeking inspiration is for all consultants, regardless of their level of success. Even the most successful consultants face challenges and can benefit from connecting with others and finding new sources of inspiration. It is important to remember that everyone goes through ups and downs in their business, and it is okay to seek support during the downs.

4. How can I participate in venting and seeking inspiration?

There are several ways to participate in venting and seeking inspiration. You can join online groups or forums specifically for Pampered Chef consultants, attend local or virtual meetings and events, or simply reach out to fellow consultants that you know. It is important to find a safe and supportive space where you feel comfortable sharing your frustrations and seeking advice.

5. Can venting and seeking inspiration really make a difference in my business?

Yes, venting and seeking inspiration can make a big difference in your business. By connecting with others and receiving support and advice, you may find new solutions to challenges, gain motivation to keep going, and build a stronger community within the Pampered Chef consultant network. Remember, you are not alone in your struggles and sometimes a little support and inspiration can go a long way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies