• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Er....uh....angel Food Cake in Tart Pans

In summary, it is possible to use a regular tart pan for making angel food cake, but it is recommended to use a specially designed pan for best results. It is not necessary to grease the pan before baking, and the cake should be inverted and tapped out of the pan after baking. It is not recommended to use a non-stick tart pan, and to clean the pan, soak it in warm soapy water and gently scrub with a non-abrasive sponge.
RunawayChef
that's a big no go..... it stuck like crazy.....maybe I just don't know how to make angel food cake correctly.

I think Angel food cake needs to be in a tall, smooth cake pan so that it can reach it's height potential. It does tend to be a stickier cake on the sides, so yeah, I can see how the fluted edges created a safe little haven for the batter to glue itself to. :) Sorry they didn't turn out!

There is a recipe in All The Best that calls for Angel Food Cake to be made in the Bar Pan - but you line the pan with parchment paper. Probably if you do it in any pan other than a tube pan, you will need to do this. You also need to make sure you can tip it upside down and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.

Like Kacey, I wouldn't think that the tart pans would allow the cake to rise enough.

The angel food cake mix in the bar pan with our Parchment paper works great to use as cut up cubes for a Trifle Dessert. Yummy.
Deb

Related to Er....uh....angel Food Cake in Tart Pans

1. Can I use a regular tart pan for making angel food cake?

Yes, you can use a regular tart pan for making angel food cake. However, it is recommended to use a specially designed angel food cake pan for best results.

2. Do I need to grease the tart pan before baking angel food cake?

No, you do not need to grease the tart pan before baking angel food cake. The cake batter needs to cling to the sides of the pan in order to rise properly.

3. How do I remove the angel food cake from the tart pan?

Once the cake is baked, invert the tart pan onto a cooling rack and gently tap the bottom to release the cake. Then, use a knife to loosen the edges and remove the cake from the pan.

4. Can I use a non-stick tart pan for making angel food cake?

It is not recommended to use a non-stick tart pan for making angel food cake. The non-stick coating may prevent the cake from properly rising and may result in a dense texture.

5. How do I clean my tart pan after making angel food cake?

To clean your tart pan, soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes and then gently scrub with a non-abrasive sponge. Do not use harsh chemicals or steel wool as it may damage the pan's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • Loreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef