• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angel Food Cake in a Fluted Stone: Tips & Tricks

In summary, to prevent your angel food cake from sticking to the fluted stone, make sure to properly grease it with cooking spray or butter and sprinkle a thin layer of flour over it. Regular cake mix cannot be used for angel food cake in the fluted stone, as it requires specific ingredients and mixing methods. To determine if the cake is done, use a cake tester or toothpick and gently press on the top of the cake. You can use a tube pan or traditional angel food cake pan as an alternative to the fluted stone, but the fluted stone offers a unique texture and appearance. To remove the cake from the stone, run a knife around the edges and carefully invert it onto a cooling rack or plate. Let it cool
cookn' katie
Can you make a angel food cake in the fluted stone? Any tips.

I'm guessing not as an andgel food cakes mixing bowl and baking pan need to be free from oil and such(it doesn't rise)

I haven't done an angelfood cake in a fluted pan but I have done one in the rectangle baker.

1 box angel food cake mix and 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (no other ingredients. It's been a while since I've made but I think you bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It is awesome!

...the time could be longer, like 45 minutes. I remember getting it in the oven upon arrival and it being done as we wrapped up. I'm trying to find the exact details but so far no luck.

BethCooks4U said:
I haven't done an angelfood cake in a fluted pan but I have done one in the rectangle baker.

1 box angel food cake mix and 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (no other ingredients. It's been a while since I've made but I think you bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It is awesome!

...the time could be longer, like 45 minutes. I remember getting it in the oven upon arrival and it being done as we wrapped up. I'm trying to find the exact details but so far no luck.

those are directions I have also - YUMMY!

I have done an angel food in the rectangular stone. It was a lemon angel food cake. Very good and sweet. I think I have also done in the fluted pan

1. How do I prevent my angel food cake from sticking to the fluted stone?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease the fluted stone with cooking spray or butter before adding the cake batter. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of flour over the greased surface for extra insurance.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for angel food cake in the fluted stone?

No, a regular cake mix will not work for angel food cake in the fluted stone. Angel food cake requires specific ingredients and a specific mixing method to achieve its light and airy texture.

3. How do I know when my angel food cake is done baking?

The best way to determine if your angel food cake is done is by using a cake tester or toothpick. Insert it into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is done. You can also gently press on the top of the cake; it should spring back when done.

4. Can I use a different pan instead of the fluted stone for angel food cake?

Yes, you can use a tube pan or a traditional angel food cake pan for baking angel food cake. However, the fluted stone is specifically designed to create a crispy and evenly baked crust, giving the cake a unique texture and appearance.

5. How do I remove my angel food cake from the fluted stone without damaging it?

To remove the cake from the fluted stone, run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it. Then, carefully invert the stone onto a cooling rack or plate to release the cake. Let it cool completely before slicing and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Evelyn
  • Loreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PampChefJoy