• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Angel Food Cake Be Made in a Stoneware Pan?

In summary, stoneware pans are suitable for baking angel food cakes as they distribute heat evenly and create a crispy crust. To prevent sticking, the pan should be greased and floured before use. A stoneware pan can be used as a substitute for a tube pan, but the baking time may need to be adjusted. After use, the pan can be cleaned with warm water and mild dish soap, avoiding harsh chemicals and abrasive sponges.
Loreen
Does anyone know if you can make an angel :angel: food cake in the stoneware fluted pan? A customer asked about this and I need to find out for her. When I make them it's always been in an aluminum tube pan that has to be grease free.

My thought is no b/c of the oils that are retained in the stoneware from other bakings, etc.

thanks!

I've baked angel food cakes in mine! Hope that helps :)

And it worked? Did you grease the apn? Cause angel food cake pan broke the other night and I was going to use my stonware fluted pan but wasn't sure if it would work.

I have made angel food cake in my stoneware rectangle baker also....it came out just fine!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can confirm that our stoneware fluted pan is not recommended for making angel food cake. This is because the oils and residue from previous bakings can affect the texture and rise of the cake. It's always best to use a clean, grease-free pan specifically designed for angel food cakes. I hope this helps clarify things for your customer! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy baking! :)

1. Can I make an angel food cake in a stoneware pan?

Yes, you can definitely make an angel food cake in a stoneware pan. Stoneware is a great material for baking because it distributes heat evenly and helps create a crispy crust on the cake.

2. Will the cake stick to the stoneware pan?

No, the cake should not stick to the stoneware pan as long as you properly prepare the pan before baking. Grease the pan with a non-stick cooking spray or butter and then dust it with flour to prevent sticking.

3. How do I properly prepare the stoneware pan for an angel food cake?

To prepare the stoneware pan for an angel food cake, first make sure it is clean and dry. Then, grease the pan with a non-stick cooking spray or butter. Next, dust the pan with flour, making sure to evenly coat the entire surface. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.

4. Can I use a stoneware pan if the recipe calls for a tube pan?

Yes, you can use a stoneware pan as a substitute for a tube pan when making an angel food cake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time as stoneware pans may cook the cake faster than a traditional tube pan.

5. How do I clean a stoneware pan after making an angel food cake?

Cleaning a stoneware pan after making an angel food cake is simple. First, let the pan cool completely. Then, use warm water and a mild dish soap to gently scrub the pan. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the stoneware. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it with a soft towel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • RunawayChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • stefani2