• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Angel Food Cake in a Mini Fluted Stoneware?

In summary, angel food cake is typically made in a special ungreased pan with straight sides to achieve its light and fluffy texture. It also needs to be inverted when cooling, making it a tricky cake to make. It is not recommended to make it in a regular cake pan or in a mini fluted stoneware, as it may not turn out as expected. However, a fat-free vanilla cake can be a good alternative in the mini fluted stoneware. The person asking the question was considering making an angel food cake in the mini fluted stoneware, possibly for a customer who loves it. They will take the advice given and make a decision.
DCOX3
Does anyone know if you can make angel food cake in the mini fluted stoneware that is on the outlet...I can't find anything about it.

Thanks,

The thing with angel food is that it has to be in an ungreased pan with straight sides to get the volume it needs, and that is why they have the special pans for it. If it is done in a regular cake pan it won't be nearly as light. Plus, it has to be inverted when it cools. Its pretty tricky. I can try it in my mini fluted and let you know, though I doubt it will be what you expect and It would be pretty hard to get them out. Are you just wanting a fat free cake or is it specifically angel food. If you did a fat free vanilla regular cake it would be great in the mini fluted...

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
The thing with angel food is that it has to be in an ungreased pan with straight sides to get the volume it needs, and that is why they have the special pans for it. If it is done in a regular cake pan it won't be nearly as light. Plus, it has to be inverted when it cools. Its pretty tricky. I can try it in my mini fluted and let you know, though I doubt it will be what you expect and It would be pretty hard to get them out. Are you just wanting a fat free cake or is it specifically angel food. If you did a fat free vanilla regular cake it would be great in the mini fluted...

I had a customer that wanted to buy them off the outlet so I wanted to give her the correct information. Her kids love the Angel food cake...I will give her your input and she can make her decision...I think I will tell her if she trys it and doesn't like them I will buy back from her...only $12.50...I can use later as a guest or hostess gift. Thanks for the info.:love:

1. Can I use a mini fluted stoneware to make angel food cake?

Yes, you can use a mini fluted stoneware to make angel food cake. The stoneware is designed to evenly distribute heat and create a crispy exterior, perfect for angel food cake.

2. Do I need to grease the mini fluted stoneware before baking angel food cake?

No, you do not need to grease the stoneware before baking angel food cake. The stoneware has a non-stick surface that will prevent the cake from sticking.

3. Can I use a boxed mix for angel food cake in a mini fluted stoneware?

Yes, you can use a boxed mix for angel food cake in a mini fluted stoneware. Just follow the instructions on the box and adjust the baking time according to the size of your stoneware.

4. How long does it take to bake an angel food cake in a mini fluted stoneware?

The baking time for angel food cake in a mini fluted stoneware can vary depending on the size of the stoneware and the oven temperature. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes, but it's always best to check the cake with a toothpick inserted in the center to ensure it's fully baked.

5. How do I clean my mini fluted stoneware after baking an angel food cake?

The best way to clean your mini fluted stoneware after baking an angel food cake is to let it cool down completely, then wash it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware's non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvs2cook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
luvs2cook
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • frozenchef