• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try this Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe with Mini French Bread Bowls!

In summary, the person is looking for advice on making mini bread bowls using the Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan for their Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe. They are considering using Pillsbury Krusty French Bread or Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits for the bread bowls. Another person suggests using inverted prep bowls or brown and serve sourdough bread to make the bread bowls. The final recommendation is to use Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits and to press them firmly into the flutes to avoid leakage when serving the soup.
dawnsclassycupboard
I am doing the Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe this month and would like to do them in mini bread bowls in the Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan. Does anyone have any experience making these?

I was thinking of using the Pillsbury Krusty French Bread and wrapping the bottom of the flutes on the underside of the pan but I am not sure if the soup will leak through them. Any advice???

Last edited:
There is a recipe in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook called Chili Bread Bowls...here's the recipe for the bread bowls

Bread Bowls
2 pkg (13.8oz) refrigerated pizza crust (you could probably use the french bread in place of the pizza crust)
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 Cup (2 oz) grated fresh parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Remove pizza crust from package, do not unroll. Cut each portion of dough crosswise into thirds to form 6 equal portions. Place dough , cut side down on Large Round Stone; press lightly to form 4 inch rounds. brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 21-23 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to stackable cooling rack.

To serve, slice off top of each bread round; carefully remove centers to form bowls. Place bread bowls into serving bowls, ladle soup into bowls.

How about placing dough on inverted prep bowls?

My favorite way to make bread bowls is to get the brown and serve loaf sourdough bread in the bread isle at the supermarket (they are round loaves, 2 to a bag) and make them that way. Cut the top, scoop out the middle (once cooked of course) and you're good to go.

Hi there! I have made the Chicken Tortilla Soup in mini bread bowls using the Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan before and it turned out great! I used the Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits instead of the Krusty French Bread and they worked perfectly. Just make sure to press them into the flutes firmly to create a tight seal. As for the soup leaking through, I haven't had any issues with that. Just be sure to not overfill the bread bowls and you should be good to go. Happy cooking!

1. What is a French bread bread bowl?

A French bread bread bowl is a type of bread that is shaped like a bowl and typically used to hold soup, stew, or dip.

2. How do I make a French bread bread bowl?

To make a French bread bread bowl, you will need a round loaf of French bread. Cut off the top of the bread and scoop out the inside to create a bowl. Fill with your desired filling and bake in the oven for a few minutes until the bread is crispy.

3. What types of fillings can I use for a French bread bread bowl?

You can use a variety of fillings for a French bread bread bowl, such as soup, stew, chili, dip, or even a salad. The possibilities are endless!

4. Can I use any type of bread to make a bread bowl?

While you can technically use any type of bread to make a bread bowl, French bread is the most commonly used as it has a sturdy crust and soft interior, making it perfect for holding fillings.

5. How do I store leftover French bread bread bowls?

If you have leftover French bread bread bowls, you can store them in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place in the oven at 350 degrees F for a few minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • fun2cook2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCSarahjm