• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone made the caprese mini sandwiches with french bread?

cookinmelissa

Novice Member
Nov 16, 2005
I know in CN last month they talked about making them with 2 loaves of french bread. Has anyone tried this? I have a show where she is expecting 20 people. I thought this would be good to try. I am just not sure when to put the oil and seasoning on. Do I do it before the bread bakes or after? and then how would I cut them since the pita bread is really thin and the bread will be thicker. Does any of that make sense?

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
I have not done this for the Capresi sandwiches but the advanced Director at my hospitality mtgs does. You make it like the bread for the ring sandwiches. Oil and seas. before baking. I am offering it done this way for anyone who wants these. I will bake it the night before and trade host for unbaked loaves.

HTH

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I've not done it that way, but I will the next time I do it.

It's really yummy with the pitas, but the assembly in the middle of a show is kind of awkward. Sure you can make most of them up ahead of time, but I'd rather do less work and use the french bread. :)

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
It was in a Weekly Bites email. I don't remember exactly. If you save those, you can go back and look.