• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

??'S About Pizza Dip With Bread Wreath

about an inch. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes.You could probably do a single batch of the dip on a SA plate. It would actually make it easier to dip with no sides. :)I tried the wreath with the DDB. The bread did poof off the sides a little, but it didn't fall off. It looks much better with the mini. Why don't you just use something the host has for the extra. You're already showing off the mini and the large round. Then you don't have to bring an extra item.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Has anyone made the pizza dip w/ bread wreath using the Pillsbury French Bread?
That is what my host for tonight has - and I wondered how it worked? I know there was talk of doing that...but don't remember reading if anyone had actually tried it.

Also - I am making a double batch(25 guests). If I do it in the DDB, do you think I could still do the bread around it? Or should I do it in a pie stone?

If you use the DDB, there won't be room on the stone for the bread wreath.

The "tube" bread works much the same way as the thawed frozen dough, but the loaves are smaller, so there will actually be less bread in the wreath.

If you want to show how to do the wreath with the dip, I'd do a standard batch (Mini Baker), and make a second one in another stone as a backup.

chefann said:
If you use the DDB, there won't be room on the stone for the bread wreath.

The "tube" bread works much the same way as the thawed frozen dough, but the loaves are smaller, so there will actually be less bread in the wreath.

If you want to show how to do the wreath with the dip, I'd do a standard batch (Mini Baker), and make a second one in another stone as a backup.

I figured there'd be a little less bread - she also bought some cracker sticks for dipping.....what do you think if I use the pie plate to do it?

I'm trying not to pack my whole kitchen........

I think that the pie plate on the large round stone will still not leave a lot of room for the bread. Do you have 2 mini bakers? Because that's what I'd do- one on the round with the bread, and the other in the microwave to show that it's microwave safe. :)

chefann said:
I think that the pie plate on the large round stone will still not leave a lot of room for the bread. Do you have 2 mini bakers? Because that's what I'd do- one on the round with the bread, and the other in the microwave to show that it's microwave safe. :)

My 2nd mini baker is out on loan....and my small oval is cracked......hmmmm, I may just have to improvise....

Thanks Ann!

You could probably do a single batch of the dip on a SA plate. It would actually make it easier to dip with no sides. :)

I tried the wreath with the DDB. The bread did poof off the sides a little, but it didn't fall off. It looks much better with the mini. Why don't you just use something the host has for the extra. You're already showing off the mini and the large round. Then you don't have to bring an extra item. I know, I'm the one who has your other baker! I love having it, but I'm going to order my own soon.

JAE said:
I tried the wreath with the DDB. The bread did poof off the sides a little, but it didn't fall off. It looks much better with the mini. Why don't you just use something the host has for the extra. You're already showing off the mini and the large round. Then you don't have to bring an extra item. I know, I'm the one who has your other baker! I love having it, but I'm going to order my own soon.

I've decided to do it in the pie stone. I measured, and at the bottom, the mini baker, and the pie stone are the same size - so I'm thinking it will be okay.

And that's okay that you have the mini baker....after all, I have one of yours too!;) I'll be ordering a new one in January....or late Dec, if I get my PC$$ then - I can order it at 42% off then. (because of it being the guest special in Jan.)

Does any one have the recipe for the chicken caesar braid possibly found in the "good for you" cook book.
I have a friend wanting to make the recipe and I cannot seem to find it.
Cathy

What recipe are you talking about with the bread wreath? Sounds good!

That's a holiday special recipe my cluster has done for the past couple of years.

Make the Hot Pizza dip, but before you bake it, set the mini baker in the middle of the large round stone. Then use 2 1-lb. loaves of frozen bread dough (thawed and risen) to make braids. Split each loaf the long way into 3 equal aprts, leaving them connected on one end. Braid. Use 2 braids (the 2 loaves) to form a wreath on the large round stone around the mini baker. Leave a little room for the bread to expand while it bakes. Brush the bread with some melted butter with garlic in it. If desired, place a few pepperoni slices on the bread as ornaments. Bake. I forget exactly how long it takes, but it looks so professional and festive with the bread right up against the baker.

Very cute! We're making that for extra food after dinner on Christmas, so I'll have to try that instead of the french bread. Then I don't have to bake the bread separately!

Do you still bake it for the 15-20 min the dip needs?

I think it needs a couple extra minutes to get the bread done all the way through. You know-- the usual "bake until golden brown and delicious" thing. :)
It looks really cute when you braid together white and whole wheat bread.

chefann said:
That's a holiday special recipe my cluster has done for the past couple of years.

Make the Hot Pizza dip, but before you bake it, set the mini baker in the middle of the large round stone. Then use 2 1-lb. loaves of frozen bread dough (thawed and risen) to make braids. Split each loaf the long way into 3 equal aprts, leaving them connected on one end. Braid. Use 2 braids (the 2 loaves) to form a wreath on the large round stone around the mini baker. Leave a little room for the bread to expand while it bakes. Brush the bread with some melted butter with garlic in it. If desired, place a few pepperoni slices on the bread as ornaments. Bake. I forget exactly how long it takes, but it looks so professional and festive with the bread right up against the baker.

Ann, I saw another thread where you had posted this about a month ago and I tried it for a get together at my house and it was a HUGE hit. It was so easy. I had the bread thawed and risen - and just threw it together in a matter of minutes. It got a lot of Ooohs and Aaahs.

So, thanks Ann for the WONDERFUL idea. I can't wait to do it for a show. Also, the frozen bread I found had a bake time of 25 minutes so it baked perfectly with the dip. :)

Oh, yeah- for perfect bread, I usually take it out of the freezer in the morning and put each loaf into its own gallon-size zip-top bag that has been spritzed with a little oil (on the INSIDE of the bag). Then I seal the bags and let them sit in a warm area of the kitchen all day. They're just right for an evening show/function.

Ann, I did this at my fundraiser last Tuesday. It went over well. I did not bake the dip in the oven. I cooked it in the microwave. It fit just fine inside of the wreath. Very cute and tasty.

That's great, JAE!

I really like this recipe. It's a great example of how an everyday PC recipe can be dolled up for special occasions.

1. What ingredients do I need to make pizza dip with a bread wreath?

To make pizza dip with a bread wreath, you will need: 1 package of pizza dough, 1 cup of marinara sauce, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped pepperoni, 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper, 1/4 cup of diced red onion, and 1/4 cup of sliced black olives.

2. Can I use store-bought pizza dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for this recipe. However, if you prefer to make your own dough, you can follow our recipe for homemade pizza dough included in the instructions.

3. How do I assemble the bread wreath?

To assemble the bread wreath, roll out the pizza dough into a large circle. Then, using a pizza cutter, make cuts around the edges of the dough, leaving about 1 inch of space in between each cut. Add the pizza dip ingredients (marinara sauce, cheese, pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, and olives) onto the center of the dough. Take the cut strips of dough and fold them over the filling, alternating sides to create a braided look. Bake as directed in the recipe.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. You can assemble the bread wreath and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Alternatively, you can also bake the bread wreath and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just reheat in the oven before serving.

5. Can I use different toppings for the pizza dip?

Yes, you can use different toppings for the pizza dip. You can customize the toppings to your liking, such as adding cooked sausage, diced tomatoes, or jalapenos. Just make sure to adjust the amount of toppings accordingly to avoid overfilling the bread wreath.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • ChefBeckyD