• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make a Tortilla Bowl for a Chicken Enchilada Ring

In summary, to make a tortilla bowl for a chicken enchilada ring, preheat your oven to 375°F and bake a lightly sprayed tortilla inside a small oven-safe bowl for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Any type of tortilla can be used, with adjusted baking time. To assemble the ring, place the tortilla bowl in the center of a baking dish, arrange the filling around it, and fold the edges over to create a ring shape. Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve. Both the bowl and filling can be made ahead of time and stored for later use.
straitfan
Gold Member
:confused:

AUUUGH! I haven't had any luck with searches! HOW do you make the tortilla bowl mentioned in other posts about the chicken enchilada ring? I'm doing it for a show tomorrow night and was just going to do a v-cut pepper for the center, but am liking the idea of a tortilla bowl filled with shredded lettuce, then salsa in the pepper, and sour cream and guacamole in the SA small bowls and caddy that I just earned last month as my SS Bonus!

(I actually have a tool to make a deep fried one, but this one supposedly uses the batter bowl and would rather make it using PC products!)

here you go!Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray classic batter bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Gently press one 6-7 inch flour tortilla into bottom of bowl to form a shell. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool the bowl 5 minutes; remove to colling rack and cool completely. To serve, place cooled shell in center of baked ring and fill half with salsa and half with sour cream. Garnish ring with shredded lettuce, if desired.

Thanks!You're a lifesafer! thanks so much for helping a newbie out!
Have a great day! :)

when I make these I have found that it is easier if before you press the shell into the bowl I microwave the shell for about 7-10 seconds this makes the shell move easier and is less likely to tear. I make these all the time for dips and stuff for parties they make clean up a snap and less dishes to wash!!
have fun!

I put shredded lettuce in the bottom of the shell, then put the salsa and sour cream on top of it. Everyone ooo's and aaah's over it.

1. How do I make a tortilla bowl for a chicken enchilada ring?

To make a tortilla bowl, start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Then, lightly spray a tortilla with cooking spray and place it inside a small oven-safe bowl. Press the tortilla firmly against the sides and bottom of the bowl. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tortilla is crispy. Let it cool before removing it from the bowl.

2. Can I use any type of tortilla for the bowl?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla for the bowl, such as flour, corn, or whole wheat tortillas. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as different types of tortillas may have different thickness and cooking times.

3. How do I assemble the chicken enchilada ring with the tortilla bowl?

To assemble the chicken enchilada ring, place the tortilla bowl in the center of a round baking dish. Then, arrange the chicken and cheese mixture around the bowl, leaving a small space between the bowl and the mixture. Finally, fold the tortilla edges over the filling, creating a ring shape.

4. How long do I bake the chicken enchilada ring with the tortilla bowl?

Bake the chicken enchilada ring for 25-30 minutes at 375°F, or until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.

5. Can I make the tortilla bowl and filling ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tortilla bowl and filling ahead of time. Just store the tortilla bowl in an airtight container at room temperature, and the filling in the fridge. When ready to assemble and bake, let the filling come to room temperature and reheat the tortilla bowl in the oven for a few minutes before assembling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • SarahT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies