• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Chicken Enchilada Ring Recipe: Perfect for Parties & Weeknight Dinners!

I usually have a bowl of sauce on the side but I didn't this time. I put a thin layer of the batter on the chip and then I put the chicken strip on top. I then put the second chip on top and repeated until I had a ring. I then put the whole thing in the oven and cooked it for 25 minutes. I unmolded it onto a plate and put the sauce on top. I usually use the Tyson chicken strips and they work well. I also use the Fritos. I crush up some of the Fritos and put them on top before cooking. I've also used tortilla chips. I think it's important to use a cutting board
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I always get so nervous when trying a new recipe. I am planning to do the Chicken Enchilada Ring for a show on Thursday night. I am going to make it at home for some friends on Monday first though - LOL
Any tips I need to know?
I have noticed some people use tortilla chips and othe rpeople use Fritos...any thoughts or opinions on this?

I made it for dinner one time and thought it was very good. I used tortilla chips. I also served guacamole and sour cream with it.

Anythin gI need to know during the prep? Shortcuts? Tricks? Tips?

Lets see.....I used the Meat Tenderizer to crush the chips in a baggie. The Citrus Press to squeeze my lime. I couldn't figure out which side of the crescent rolls was supposed to be the 'sticky' side as they are sticky on both sides in my opinion so I just layed them down on the chips....I did have to press pretty good to get them to stick though....seems like I also did this after I seperated them into triangles too....it's been a while, but I think I wound-up sprinkling the remaining chips over the ring before I put it in the oven too. I did not garnish it like the picture since I was serving it to my family.

That's all the tips I have. If you've made any of the other rings it goes together just like them.

Oooh - meat tenderizer for the chips - i like that!

dannyzmom said:
Oooh - meat tenderizer for the chips - i like that!

Just be sure that pound them over a good cutting board (our bamboo carving board is perfect) as you don't want to harm your countertops.....especially if they are granite, marble, or tile.

Be sure your host leaves the crescent rolls in the refrigerator until you use them. They are much easier to work with cold. I think showing the meat tenderizer is a great idea. However I buy a small bag of frito's and just
crush them in the bag. A mess at my show is more of a concern
for me. I also put the crushed frito's on my stone not on the cutting board. That way you can simply lay the crescent rolls out on the stone saving a step when cooking.

If you can get your host to use cooked boneless chicken breast. You can chop the chicken with the chopper. A tip for this is cutting the breast up and laying it up where there is no skin on it. Don't use to big of pieces or it won't chop as well. Canned chicken works okay but I have found people realizing they can chop meat with the chopper goes a long way toward my sales. Versatility is the game.

Also make the shell for the middle of your ring at home. Bake a shell per the cookbook instructions in the large batter bowl. Put 1/2 sour cream and half salsa in the bowl on each side before serving... bottom of shell will get gooey. Line the center of the ring once cooked with
lettuce and sit the bowl on it. This is easy but boy the presentation is awesome. ---- sometimes hosts don't have a lime or forget the tomato.
Tell them to be sure and have them for the garnish. I also add salsa to my recipe if they forget the tomato's.

One piece of advice is cut your ring into servings if you have very many people because I think the biggest complaint I have at parties is there isn't enough food. Especially if someone goes up and takes 1/4 of the ring as a serving.

Luck to you,
PamG

Last edited:
I make this recipe all the time for shows and everyone loves it!! I buy the frozen Tyson chicken breasts that are in strips. I also use the Fritos and I just crush some in the mix and then place whole chips on the top once the ring is formed.

Success with all four shows!I made this for my first four shows this month (my first shows ever!) and it worked out great!

I pre-cut the tomato and pre-sliced most of the olives.

I put the tortilla chips in the classic batter bowl and then used the food chopper to crush them up. Then I used the food chopper and added the tomatoes and olives. I stirred in the green chiles (it was easier when I bought them already chopped because you're supposed to use the juice) and then I used the measure all for the mayo. I used the cheese grater for the cheese and then I used the mix and scrapper to mix it all together.

I sprayed my round stone and then layed out the cresent rolls. (Colder the better.) Then I used my large scoop to place in the mixture. Then I folded up the ring and placed in at 350 for 20 minutes.

When it was done, I put it on the large serving platter (Simple Additions) and I used the v-cutter on a green pepper (pre-cut)and then put salsa in it and then put that in the middle of the ring. Then I added chips to the center of the ring and around the edges. It looked great and everyone raved about it!

I also made a 12-minute chocolate mircowave cake during the show and there was enough time for it all. :)

and...I also use the Citrus press for the lime (I LOVE that tool) and use the food chopper for the chicken.

mareramseyer said:
I made this for my first four shows this month (my first shows ever!) and it worked out great!

I pre-cut the tomato and pre-sliced most of the olives.

I put the tortilla chips in the classic batter bowl and then used the food chopper to crush them up. Then I used the food chopper and added the tomatoes and olives. I stirred in the green chiles (it was easier when I bought them already chopped because you're supposed to use the juice) and then I used the measure all for the mayo. I used the cheese grater for the cheese and then I used the mix and scrapper to mix it all together.

I sprayed my round stone and then layed out the cresent rolls. (Colder the better.) Then I used my large scoop to place in the mixture. Then I folded up the ring and placed in at 350 for 20 minutes.

When it was done, I put it on the large serving platter (Simple Additions) and I used the v-cutter on a green pepper (pre-cut)and then put salsa in it and then put that in the middle of the ring. Then I added chips to the center of the ring and around the edges. It looked great and everyone raved about it!

I also made a 12-minute chocolate mircowave cake during the show and there was enough time for it all. :)

Two questions - why did you spray the stone (and with what?) and how did you move the ring to the SA platter?

I did not spray my stone... no need. After it cooked i used my mini-serving spatula to loosen the underside of the ring and then picked my stone up and it will slide off easily onto your serving plate. I would def. suggest to put the shreaded lettuce in the middle... use your crinkle cutter to shread your lettuce. then put your tortillia bowl in the middle. it looks so cute!

where can I find this recipe? Ya'll have gotten me hungry!

Enchilda RingYou could use instead of the plain Fritos use the Chili Cheese Fritos

jujubug said:
where can I find this recipe? Ya'll have gotten me hungry!
Chicken Enchilada Ring

2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1/4 C. chopped pitted ripe olives
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 T. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix chopped chicken, olives, cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in bowl. Seed and chop one tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 T. crushed chips and add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of a large cutting board. Place dough onto chips and press down so chips adhere to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center. Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Answers to questions
dannyzmom said:
Two questions - why did you spray the stone (and with what?) and how did you move the ring to the SA platter?

I sprayed my stone because it was brand new and it was recommended by my director to spray it for the first few times.

I used Baker's Joy with Flour.

It just slid right off the stone and on to the SA platter.

Good luck!

monica.dixon said:
I did not spray my stone... no need. After it cooked i used my mini-serving spatula to loosen the underside of the ring and then picked my stone up and it will slide off easily onto your serving plate. I would def. suggest to put the shreaded lettuce in the middle... use your crinkle cutter to shread your lettuce. then put your tortillia bowl in the middle. it looks so cute!

You can use the US&G to shred lettuce too ~ people love that (can imagine cole slaw, etc).

Caroline did you make it? What book is this in?

mareramseyer said:
I sprayed my stone because it was brand new and it was recommended by my director to spray it for the first few times.

I used Baker's Joy with Flour.

It just slid right off the stone and on to the SA platter.

Good luck!

If you make on the round stone, why not just use the woven?

dannyzmom said:
Chicken Enchilada Ring

2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1/4 C. chopped pitted ripe olives
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 T. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix chopped chicken, olives, cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in bowl. Seed and chop one tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 T. crushed chips and add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of a large cutting board. Place dough onto chips and press down so chips adhere to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center. Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

which book is this in?

PamG said:
Also make the shell for the middle of your ring at home. Bake a shell per the cookbook instructions in the large batter bowl. Put 1/2 sour cream and half salsa in the bowl on each side before serving... bottom of shell will get gooey. Line the center of the ring once cooked with
lettuce and sit the bowl on it. This is easy but boy the presentation is awesome. ---- sometimes hosts don't have a lime or forget the tomato.
Tell them to be sure and have them for the garnish. I also add salsa to my recipe if they forget the tomato's.
PamG

I don't have the cookbook, just got the recipe off of here. How do you make the shell using the batter bowl?
Thanks in advance for your help!

a variation by mistakeI was making this at my last show and got distacted by several question and left out the Southwestern Seasoning. SO... to quickly improvise..since the ring was already in the oven... I added the seasoning to the sour cream and it was AWESOME! I'll be doing that for tacos at home as well. Every time I have made this ring everyone loves it. I crush my chips in a ziplock bag the the Baker's Roller (aka Playdough presser at my house) It works great and you get to demo that with an alternate use... and mention that it works great to do graham crackers as well. Have fun!

MMMMMM that sounds yummy! I practiced this a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any SW seasoning yet, so I just used taco seasoning, and that tasted pretty good! Still want directions on how to do the bowl. Probably just invert the batter bowl, brush a tortilla with oil and bake?

straitfan said:
I don't have the cookbook, just got the recipe off of here. How do you make the shell using the batter bowl?

You can also get this cookbook on supply order for $5:)

I always have great luck with this recipe I bet I have made it 40 times and have sold many Celebrate cookbooks because everyone loves it so much!! So I am very sad to see it discontinued.

same ? here...
straitfan said:

How do you make the shell in the batter bowl?

I'm not a visual person until I can see it then I can visualize it :)

Tia

From the cookbook:
Lightly spray Classic Batter bowl with nonstick cooking spray
Gently press one 6-7 inch flour tortilla into bottom of bowl to form a shell.
Bake 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees or until edges are lightly browned.

Cool in bowl for 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
To serve, place cooled shell in center of baked ring and fill half with salsa and half with sour cream. Garnish ring with shredded lettuce!

When I make these I find that it is easier if before you push the shell into the bowl I microwave the shell for about 7-10 seconds first. This makes the shell more plyable(sp?) and easier to put into the bowl and less likely to tear

lynnguilm said:
From the cookbook:
Lightly spray Classic Batter bowl with nonstick cooking spray
Gently press one 6-7 inch flour tortilla into bottom of bowl to form a shell.
Bake 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees or until edges are lightly browned.

Cool in bowl for 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
To serve, place cooled shell in center of baked ring and fill half with salsa and half with sour cream. Garnish ring with shredded lettuce!

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but the Classic Batter Bowl is only heat-safe to 350 degrees. Did you mean to say 400 degrees?

I made this the other night and I found that I prefer the chicken to be diced rather than chopped. If I chop it it ends up tasting like one big bite of mush. I like the flavor but don't like the texture of the chopped chicken. My host last night agreed that she liked it finely diced. It was also a nice way of talking about the new knives which I LOVE!

I want to try this recipe tonight for dinner. Anyone know what I can replace the southwest seasoning with. I do not have that. I need to get it so I can make this at shows.

Just use a little taco seasoning. It's very similar to the Southwestern Seasoning, you'll get basically the same effect. HTH!! Enjoy the Chicken Enchilada Ring, it's deeee-lish!!!!! :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
LindaK
  • pamperedchef88
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies