• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitutes for Mayo in Chicken Enchilada Ring

In summary, there are several options for replacing mayo in a chicken enchilada ring, including Greek yogurt, sour cream, avocado, hummus, or a combination of these ingredients. Greek yogurt, mashed avocado, and hummus can each be used as a substitute for mayo, providing similar creamy textures and delicious flavors. You can also mix and match these substitutes to create a unique and flavorful twist on the traditional chicken enchilada ring recipe.
SarahT
Gold Member
Do you know of anything I could use as a sub for mayo? My host wants to do a chicken enchilada ring but it has mayo in it.:confused: Wondering if there is something else I could sub in.

Something with avacado/guacamole. The flavor is completely different, but it provides the same textural experience.

Would sour cream work? Or greek yogart? I don't know what is in that recipe.....but I would think you could easily sub it out!

Found a recipe to make a substitute, though it has egg in it...is there an ingredient in the mayo you're trying to avoid?

1 c. yogurt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
1 hard boiled egg, chopped fine
1/4 tsp. celery seed or curry
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Keep in refrigerator. Do not use until chilled for at least 1/2 hour. Yield: 1 cup - 1 tbsp. = 15 calories.

I've done it before w/ sour cream instead of mayo- no problem

sour cream or southwestern ranch flavored chip dip is good too.

You could use the MFP and stick cashews in it. Blend until smooth, you may need to add a little water, it works just like mayo and you can show off the MFP.

Geesh I would just use Miracle Whip, lol.

What are some substitutes for mayo in a chicken enchilada ring?

There are several options for replacing mayo in a chicken enchilada ring. Some popular substitutes include Greek yogurt, sour cream, avocado, hummus, or a combination of these ingredients.

Can I use Greek yogurt as a substitute for mayo in a chicken enchilada ring?

Yes, Greek yogurt is a popular substitute for mayo in this recipe. It provides a similar creamy texture and tangy flavor without the added fat and calories of mayo.

Can I use avocado as a substitute for mayo in a chicken enchilada ring?

Yes, mashed avocado is a great substitute for mayo in this dish. It adds a rich and creamy texture as well as a delicious flavor.

Can I use hummus as a substitute for mayo in a chicken enchilada ring?

Yes, hummus can be used as a substitute for mayo in this recipe. It provides a similar creamy texture and adds a delicious savory flavor to the dish.

Can I use a combination of substitutes for mayo in a chicken enchilada ring?

Absolutely! You can mix and match any of the above substitutes to create a unique and flavorful twist on the traditional chicken enchilada ring recipe. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • crissy11
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • heatherstobbs