• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soup Show Prep: Bread Bowls Questions Answered

In summary, you can use any type of crusty bread for bread bowls, such as sourdough, French bread, or whole grain bread. They can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 24 hours at room temperature or frozen for up to 2 weeks. To prevent the bread from getting soggy, fully hollow out the bread and leave a thick layer, or lightly toast the inside before filling with soup. Gluten-free bread can also be used, as long as it is sturdy and crusty. The best way to serve bread bowls is to ladle the soup directly into the hollowed-out bread, or serve it on the side.
PCSarahjm
I have a few soup shows coming up and thought I would try some bread bowls. Questions: 1) What do you use frozen dough or biscuits? 2) Do you mold them over the muffin pan or bake and dig the center out? 3) How much soup do they hold and do they leak? 4) Is it worth doing?

Thanks everyone for all of the great tips!

I had heard you could do this with the mini fluted stone and was interested in the answer myself.

I haven't tried it yet, but my plan is to roll out grands and drape them over the muffin stone (upsidedown).
I have no idea if it will work, but it sounds good!! I want to make this for the quick turkey chili in the deep covered baker!
not sure when I'll have time to test. I'd love to see some other replies!

Here is the recipe from the old Soups & Stews recipe card collection.

Attachments

• Crispy Bread Bowls.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 337
In the Schwan's catalog they use frozen dough and rollit out. Shape it over the bottom of prep bowls.

So I was thinking of using biscuits and prep bowls to make my bowls. I will let you know how they turn out!

Paula Deen uses biscuit mix andputs them over the back of the muffin pan. I have never tried them but they look so cute. I think they would be a big hit!

I always just make the bread bowls on page 63 On Stoneware Inspirations.....
You use refrigerated pizza crust and it is SUPER easy.....

1. What types of bread can I use for bread bowls?

You can use any type of crusty bread, such as sourdough, French bread, or even a hearty whole grain bread. Just make sure it has a thick crust and is sturdy enough to hold the soup.

2. Can I make the bread bowls ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the bread bowls ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Alternatively, you can freeze the bread bowls for up to 2 weeks and reheat them in the oven before serving.

3. How do I prevent the bread from getting soggy?

To prevent the bread from getting soggy, make sure to fully hollow out the bread and leave a thick enough layer of bread on the sides and bottom to hold the soup. You can also lightly toast the inside of the bread before filling it with soup.

4. Can I use gluten-free bread for the bread bowls?

Yes, you can use gluten-free bread for the bread bowls. Just make sure to choose a sturdy and crusty gluten-free bread to hold the soup without getting soggy.

5. What is the best way to serve bread bowls?

The best way to serve bread bowls is to ladle the soup directly into the hollowed-out bread, making sure to include chunks of bread in each serving. You can also serve the bread bowl on the side of the soup if you prefer not to fill it with soup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • fun2cook2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC