1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Angel Food Cake in the Fluted Stone

1. luvs2cook

luvs2cook Guest

Has anybody ever done the 10 minute microwave cake (using the fluted stoneware) with angel food cake mix?

If so, how did it turn out??

Jan 16, 2007
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Hmmm.... that's a good question. Unfortunately, Angel food cake is supposed to cool completely (upside down) before it's taken out of the pan, so cooking it in 10 minutes doesn't really gain you a lot of time.

Jan 16, 2007
  3. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

We have our monthly meeting this Sat. I am going to give the angel food cake in the fluted pan a whirl. Will report back.

4. PCGINA

PCGINA Veteran Member Gold Member

Let us know how it turns out Carol.

Jan 16, 2007
  5. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

I would be scared to do this unless your pan had a GOOD seasoning on it. You aren't supposed to grease Angel Food pans because they need to grip the sides to climb. With the microscopic pores on our stoneware, I could see it getting stuck in there.

Jan 16, 2007
  6. luvs2cook

luvs2cook Guest

Thanks, Carol. Looking forward to your report!!!

Jan 16, 2007
  7. chef.katie

chef.katie Member

Don't do it!! I tried and it was a disaster! I love making cakes in the microwave but anglefood cake doesn't work in the fluted stone or in the rice cooker. It does come out beautifully in the fluted stone in the oven.

Jan 17, 2007
  8. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks for the info, Katie. I thought there might be a problem because of how Angel Food cakes get their lift from egg whites instead of chemical leaveners (baking powder/baking soda). Good to know!

Jan 17, 2007
  9. luvs2cook

luvs2cook Guest

Katie...Thanks for the information!!!!

Jan 18, 2007
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted