• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angel Food Cake in the Fluted Stone

L
luvs2cook
Has anybody ever done the 10 minute microwave cake (using the fluted stoneware) with angel food cake mix?

If so, how did it turn out??

Hmmm.... that's a good question. Unfortunately, Angel food cake is supposed to cool completely (upside down) before it's taken out of the pan, so cooking it in 10 minutes doesn't really gain you a lot of time.

We have our monthly meeting this Sat. I am going to give the angel food cake in the fluted pan a whirl. Will report back.

Let us know how it turns out Carol.

I would be scared to do this unless your pan had a GOOD seasoning on it. You aren't supposed to grease Angel Food pans because they need to grip the sides to climb. With the microscopic pores on our stoneware, I could see it getting stuck in there.

Thanks, Carol. Looking forward to your report!!!

Don't do it!! I tried and it was a disaster! I love making cakes in the microwave but anglefood cake doesn't work in the fluted stone or in the rice cooker. It does come out beautifully in the fluted stone in the oven.

Thanks for the info, Katie. I thought there might be a problem because of how Angel Food cakes get their lift from egg whites instead of chemical leaveners (baking powder/baking soda). Good to know!

Katie...Thanks for the information!!!!

1. What is angel food cake?

Angel food cake is a type of sponge cake made with egg whites, flour, and sugar. It is known for its light and airy texture and is typically baked in a tube pan.

2. Can angel food cake be made in a fluted stone?

Yes, angel food cake can be made in a fluted stone. The fluted stone helps distribute heat evenly, resulting in a more evenly baked cake.

3. How long does it take to make angel food cake in the fluted stone using a microwave?

The time it takes to make angel food cake in the fluted stone using a microwave can vary, but typically it takes around 10 minutes. This may vary depending on the power of your microwave and the specific instructions for the cake mix you are using.

4. Has anyone tried making angel food cake in the fluted stone using the 10 minute microwave method?

Yes, some people have tried making angel food cake in the fluted stone using the 10 minute microwave method. Results may vary depending on the specific microwave and cake mix used, but some people have reported successful results.

5. How does the texture of microwave angel food cake compare to traditional oven-baked angel food cake?

The texture of microwave angel food cake may be slightly different from traditional oven-baked angel food cake. It may be slightly denser and have a more chewy texture. However, it still maintains the light and airy qualities of angel food cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DCOX3