• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with a Fluted Pan: Tips & Tricks

I use the serrated bread knife to cut it. I've also used the serrated tomato knife. Both work well. Thanks for the tip!I use the serrated bread knife to cut it. I've also used the serrated tomato knife. Both work well. Thanks for the tip!
janezapchef
Gold Member
Anyone have any tips? Do you know if it works in the fluted pan or mini fluted pan? Do I adjust cook times?

It is great in the fluted pan! I grease the pan & center post with bakers joy (equal parts shortening and flour) and follow the directions on the box for a fluted pan. Watch it after about 25 mins, just in case. It will raise up above the top, but won't spill over.... And then invert it on to a cooling rack and let it cool! I did use a knife to just break the crusty seal from the edges of the pan, and then a little bit down the edges, and it fell right out! beautiful :)

jenniferknapp said:
It is great in the fluted pan! I grease the pan & center post with bakers joy (equal parts shortening and flour) and follow the directions on the box for a fluted pan. Watch it after about 25 mins, just in case. It will raise up above the top, but won't spill over.... And then invert it on to a cooling rack and let it cool! I did use a knife to just break the crusty seal from the edges of the pan, and then a little bit down the edges, and it fell right out! beautiful :)

I didn't think it would work in the Fluted Pan...good to know!

I've been making mine in the rectangular baker and flipping it over on the cooling rack. Didn't grease the pan. I just take a nylon turner and run it along the edges and bottom. Works great for a trifle!

LisaAnn said:
I didn't think it would work in the Fluted Pan...good to know!

I've been making mine in the rectangular baker and flipping it over on the cooling rack. Didn't grease the pan. I just take a nylon turner and run it along the edges and bottom. Works great for a trifle!

I prefer making it in the fluted stone now! It didn't rise as much in the rect. baker, so it was much denser!

You don't have to grease the stone. What I have noticed is that it gets crustier if you use oil or spray w/ angel food. If you let it cool upside down in the stone it is not that hard to get it out of the stone.

Another tip I learned about seeing if the cake is done is by touching the top of the cake, if it's sticky it needs to cook more.

thanks!Thank you for your help! Can't wait to try it!

I have been making mine in the large bar pan w/parchment paper lately (I have made the luscious lemon angel roll and trifle using angel food) and LOVE it this way super easy clean up.

purrbal said:
I have been making mine in the large bar pan w/parchment paper lately (I have made the luscious lemon angel roll and trifle using angel food) and LOVE it this way super easy clean up.
Do you need to cool it upside down, or since it's thin is it OK?

About how long do you need to bake it and @ what temp?

Thanks!

purrbal said:

That is a great idea! I can't wait to hear your answer to Kelly's question!

Angel Food on Lg Bar Pan
KellyTheChef said:
Do you need to cool it upside down, or since it's thin is it OK?

About how long do you need to bake it and @ what temp?

Thanks!

I pull it out let it rest like 5 min then I pull out of pan (super easy on parchment)... to do the lemon roll you get another piece of pp then flip over and gradually pull of parchment baked on (I do it gradual so that I prevent tearing the cake) then roll up the cake on the fresh parchment paper and cool completely (SUPER EASY). For making to cut up for a trifle I just pull out of pan I still use another piece of parchment (don't want to take chance the cake will stick to the paper) after parchment is pulled off I let cool. The cutting up was the most difficult I think, only because it sticks to the knife and makes the knife so mucky. :D

I cooked at 350 for 30-35 minutes, I let mine stay in for the longer.

Do you use the serrated bread knife or serrated tomato knife to cut the cake? A regular knife will gum up and squish the cake, but a serrated knife should work well....just a thought...

yup I use the serrated knife we sell

oh well, so much for that thought!

I was actually thinking that if I sprayed and wipped it might cut or I might have just cut it up too quickly after cooking (didn't let it cool long enough)

Yes, I would definitely let it cool completely before cutting...

This is so great to know! I was just thinking about making an angel food cake, but didn't think it would work in the fluted pan, as I wasn't sure how to cool it ( I flip a tube pan over for cooling). Now I am very excited for strawberry season! Yumm!

I made a Angel Food cake for my bil's birthday cake. It was a little time consuming I thought. Especially considering you can buy one premade at the grocery store for under $3. Of course I made mine from scratch and not a box, so that may be why.

Chef Kearns said:
I made a Angel Food cake for my bil's birthday cake. It was a little time consuming I thought. Especially considering you can buy one premade at the grocery store for under $3. Of course I made mine from scratch and not a box, so that may be why.

It is sooo easy from a box! You just add water and whip it until it gets a little "frothy" ...and I think it tastes much better than the pre-made cakes!

I agree
jenniferknapp said:
It is sooo easy from a box! You just add water and whip it until it gets a little "frothy" ...and I think it tastes much better than the pre-made cakes!

Oh yes, my mom and I have chatted about this same thing but sometimes it seems easier to buy a premade one...although now that I have made it in the LBP I will never think that again since clean up is super easy!

What is a fluted pan used for?

A fluted pan, also known as a bundt pan, is typically used for baking cakes and other desserts. The unique shape of the pan creates a decorative design on the finished product.

How do I properly grease a fluted pan?

To ensure your baked goods don't stick to the pan, it's important to properly grease it. You can use a cooking spray or melted butter to coat the inside of the pan, making sure to cover all the crevices.

Can I use a fluted pan for savory dishes as well?

Absolutely! Fluted pans can also be used for savory dishes like quiches, casseroles, and even meatloaf. Just make sure to grease the pan before adding your ingredients.

What are some tips for getting the perfect bake with a fluted pan?

One tip is to make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before baking. This will ensure even baking and prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. Also, allow the pan to cool for a few minutes before removing the cake to prevent it from falling apart.

Can I use a fluted pan in the microwave?

No, fluted pans are not suitable for use in the microwave. They are designed for use in the oven only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
cochef