• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angel Food Cake in Stoneware Fluted Pan?

In summary, to prevent sticking when using a stoneware fluted pan, generously grease the pan with vegetable shortening or cooking spray and let the cake cool completely before removing it. The pan can be used to make other types of cakes, but the baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted. There is no need to flour the pan, as it can result in a dry texture. The pan can be used in a convection oven, but be sure to follow the recommended baking instructions. To clean the pan, let it cool before washing it with warm, soapy water and avoiding harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a cloth or let it air dry.
stefani2
Anyone know if you can bake Angel Food Cake in the Stoneware Fluted Pan? I thought you could - but my customer wanted to know for sure....

I've always heard that angel food cake MUST be baked in a pan with straight sides, and that any "bundt type" pan will NOT work.

I assume that goes for stoneware too...

Anyone here have any more info? Anyone tried it?

From what I understand about Angel Food cake is that it expands A LOT while baking. Because of this, just any pan won't work because it'll overflow.

ETA: this is one of the threads at the bottom of the page:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/angel-food-cake-fluted-stone-14730/

Someone posted that it worked fine!

I've bake angel food in the SFP several times and it comes out fantastic. Really light, fluffy and has lots of height. To cool it, turn upside down and have rest the handles on 2 large cans. I think I used a pink sraper to separate the cake from the pan. Very yummy!

I just made an anngel food cake this weekend and it said on the box not to use a bundt pan.

I have made an angel food cake in the SFP and it had great height and came out great. So, based on my experience I would say yes!:p

1. How do I prevent my angel food cake from sticking to the stoneware fluted pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the pan with vegetable shortening or cooking spray before adding the batter. Additionally, make sure to let the cake cool completely before attempting to remove it from the pan.

2. Can I use a stoneware fluted pan to make other types of cakes?

Yes, the stoneware fluted pan can be used to make other types of cakes such as pound cake or sponge cake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. Do I need to flour the stoneware fluted pan before adding the cake batter?

No, there is no need to flour the pan. Greasing the pan is enough to prevent sticking. Flouring the pan can cause the cake to have a dry, floury texture.

4. Can I use a stoneware fluted pan in a convection oven?

Yes, the stoneware fluted pan can be used in a convection oven. Just make sure to follow the recommended baking time and temperature for the specific type of cake you are making.

5. How do I clean my stoneware fluted pan?

To clean the pan, let it cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stoneware. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it with a cloth or let it air dry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pchockeymom