• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Angel Food Cake: A Beginner's Guide to CuPampered Chefakes

In summary, Angel Food Cake is a light and airy cake made with whipped egg whites, sugar, and flour. It requires a special pan and cake flour for its desired texture. It can be stored at room temperature or frozen for up to 3 months.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I've never made angel food cake before but from what I understand it's a little touchy. Can I make them into cupcakes?

I made them just the other day. There was a recipe on the box for cupcakes and they worked great. Funfetti Angel Food was the cake, and I used the large scoop and put in liners.

Thanks Stacie!

They are really low in WW points, too -- be careful with a 'frosting' -- that adds points, too!

here is what the box says about cupcakes.

Heat oven 375. makes 30-36 cupcakes

fill 3/4 full, refrigerate batter between bakings

bake 12-20 minutes untill golden brown and cracks feel dry; cool

StacieB said:
here is what the box says about cupcakes.

Heat oven 375. makes 30-36 cupcakes

fill 3/4 full, refrigerate batter between bakings

bake 12-20 minutes untill golden brown and cracks feel dry; cool

Thanks! Good to know it also makes a lot of cupcakes!

Just make sure and use cupcake papers!

ChefBeckyD said:
Just make sure and use cupcake papers!

Using cute football ones!

and remember the cupcake papers are low in points, too!:D

What is Angel Food Cake?

Angel Food Cake is a light and airy cake that is made with whipped egg whites, sugar, and flour. It gets its name from its fluffy texture, which is said to resemble the lightness of angels' wings.

What ingredients do I need to make Angel Food Cake?

To make Angel Food Cake, you will need egg whites, sugar, cake flour, cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla extract. You can also add in other flavorings such as lemon or almond extract for a twist on the traditional recipe.

Do I need a special pan to make Angel Food Cake?

Yes, you will need a special tube pan with a removable bottom. This type of pan allows the cake to rise and bake evenly.

Why do I need to use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour?

Cake flour is a low-protein flour, which means it creates a lighter and softer texture in baked goods. This is important for Angel Food Cake, as it helps to achieve the desired light and airy texture.

What is the best way to store Angel Food Cake?

Angel Food Cake should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months, but make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • DCOX3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DCOX3