• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle with Angel Food Cake: Should I Make It Before or During the Event?~

In summary, a light dessert was made that had mostly sugar/fat free ingredients and was loved by the ladies.
pcjulie
If I'm making a trifle with angel food cake, should I make it right before the show starts, or earlier in the day?

Personally, I think all the trifles are much better after they've had a chance to sit in the fridge for a while. Which one are you making? I made the Easy Raspberry Trifle (from Harriett's booklet) the other night and it was delicious....even better the next day. I added a little cool whip to the top of it and sprinkled it with toasted almonds.....yum yum!

Thanks! I'm just layering angel food cake pieces, sweetened strawberries, and cool whip. I already bought the ingredients for a layered salad for a show tomorrow night, and the host wants to do something fruity instead. I'm trying to think of something cheap and easy!

Sounds yummy! Sort of like a low-cal strawberry shorcake.

I had an Arbonne party/breakfast here one morning for a mom at school and made a trifle that got rave reviews. It was angel food cake, a sour cream/brown sugar mixture and sliced strawberries. Yum!

Strawberry DelightMy mom does a recipe called "Strawberry Delight" that I have always loved and I've always gotten rave reviews from everyone when I've made it for others! The only difference is that she adds a layer of vanilla pudding over the cake. It softens the cake and just tastes fantastic. So, it would be angelfood cake, vanilla pudding (use 2 of the 4 serving size boxes), sweetened sliced strawberries, cool whip, and then layer everything again. I think the pudding makes a big difference and sort of "holds" everything else together. You might give that a try....

Aun said:
My mom does a recipe called "Strawberry Delight" that I have always loved and I've always gotten rave reviews from everyone when I've made it for others! The only difference is that she adds a layer of vanilla pudding over the cake. It softens the cake and just tastes fantastic. So, it would be angelfood cake, vanilla pudding (use 2 of the 4 serving size boxes), sweetened sliced strawberries, cool whip, and then layer everything again. I think the pudding makes a big difference and sort of "holds" everything else together. You might give that a try....

I have French Vanilla and White Chocolate pudding on hand. Do you think one of those would taste okay?

pcjulie said:
I have French Vanilla and White Chocolate pudding on hand. Do you think one of those would taste okay?

I think French Vanilla would taste even better than regular with that recipe!

Sounds good!I think either of those would work fine. Both sound good to me! Be sure to let us know how it turns out.... :D

I had a relay for life fundraiser set-up yesterday at my local health department, I made a light dessert for them because they were having a salad luncheon while I was there. here is what I fixed and they ate it so fast that not everyone got some of it.

I layer the following ingredients

1/2 angel food ring (16 oz) cut into chucks
1 box of prepared strawberry jello - sugar free
1 box of prepared cheesecake pudding - sugar/fat free
1/2 tub of cool whip (16 oz)

repeat again

but don't put all the cool whip on top, put some on top and then put the rest into the EAD and make rosettes on top

When the ladies found out that it was mostly sugar/fat free they feel it love with it.

Just remember, when making this recipe - use 2% milk, do not use skim or 1% milk, because the pudding will not set up right plus it will - more in likely - turn very watery

~

Related to Trifle with Angel Food Cake: Should I Make It Before or During the Event?~

What is the best way to assemble a trifle with angel food cake?

The best way to assemble a trifle with angel food cake is to start by cutting the angel food cake into cubes and placing them at the bottom of a trifle dish. Next, add a layer of your desired filling, such as pudding or fruit, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish, making sure to end with a layer of whipped cream for a smooth finish.

Can I use store-bought angel food cake for my trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought angel food cake for your trifle. However, for the best results, it is recommended to use a homemade angel food cake as it will have a lighter and fluffier texture.

Can I make a trifle with angel food cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle with angel food cake ahead of time. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.

What are some popular variations of trifle with angel food cake?

Some popular variations of trifle with angel food cake include using different types of fillings such as chocolate mousse, lemon curd, or caramel sauce. You can also add layers of crushed cookies, nuts, or candy for added texture and flavor.

Can I substitute angel food cake with another type of cake in a trifle?

Yes, you can substitute angel food cake with another type of cake in a trifle. Pound cake, sponge cake, or even brownies can be used as a base for a trifle. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the trifle may vary depending on the type of cake used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • DCOX3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies