• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Cake: Mix It up Right in Dcb?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker enables the baker to mix the cake mix together and pour it into the pan without having to whisk it. The lava cake made in the DCB is usually fluffier than when mixed in a separate bowl, and the baker usually mixes the cake at shows once and uses a hand mixer.
ChefCat
I made the lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker for the first time on Wednesday and now I want to make it at my show tomorrow. This may be a silly question, but oh well, I'm asking it anyway! :angel:When making the lava cake in the DCB, do you whisk the cake mix together in a separate bowl and pour it into the DCB or have you ever mixed everything up right in the DCB?I have mixed other things together right in the pan/stone they will bake in and it has worked out fine, so I'm assuming it would be OK for this cake too. Sometimes I do need to scrape the sides down, but not always. I was thinking it would save a bowl, one less thing to wash, one less thing to bring.Thoughts?

If I remember correctly, the Dump Cake is called that because you put everything in the DCB and mix it together. I know you're talking about a Lava Cake, but if it works for one, I'm sure it works for the other.

I ALWAYS make the Lava Cake right in the baker!!! Keeps it simple and guests love it!!

I use a hand mixer so I always put it in a batter bowl. I know you don't have to mix it up like that, but I find it a bit fluffier. Mara

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to just do it right in the baker too. =)
Maragib said:
I use a hand mixer so I always put it in a batter bowl. I know you don't have to mix it up like that, but I find it a bit fluffier. Mara
Do you use the hand mixer at shows too? I am afraid to use one since we don't sell one.I have wondered for a while why PC doesn't sell any electronic small appliances? Hand mixer, stand mixer, immersion blender, blender, food processor, etc.. I really think we should. I know that with electric items we would run into malfunctions from time to time, but that is not reason enough for me to not sell them. My friend tells me that anyone who is in the market for a stand mixer would want the Kitchen Aid, and PC wouldn't be able to compete. I feel we would- when is Kitchen Aid ever 50% OFF?! Ours would be every day! I digress.. I am curious about why we don't sell any of these items though, in case you know. =)

I actually don't do the cake at shows. Well once, and didn't use a hand mixer and it ended up too heavy IMO. I am not really a fan of the DCB. *gasp* I rarely use it, at home or at shows. Mara

I use the wire whisk in the large batter bowl then put the cake in the baker. I tell the guest that I love the whisk because it mixes everything very well and you don't even have to use a spoon the clean the bowl out because of how it's made. Or after I mix the cake with the whisk I use the mix and scraper to clean the bowl out, telling them how clean it get's the bowl so none is wasted. And as I use the batter bowl I tell them about it as I mix up the cake. But I use my baker at every show at least once and most of the time twice, :)

What is a DCB Cake?

A DCB Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make cake that is baked in our Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. It is a versatile cake that can be customized with different flavors and toppings.

How do I mix the ingredients for a DCB Cake?

Mixing the ingredients for a DCB Cake is simple and can be done in just a few steps. First, combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then, add in wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Finally, pour the batter into the greased DCB and bake according to the recipe instructions.

Can I use any type of cake mix for a DCB Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a DCB Cake. Our DCB is perfect for making any type of cake, whether it's a classic chocolate cake or a funfetti cake. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix for the correct amount of liquid and baking time.

What is the benefit of baking a cake in a DCB?

The main benefit of baking a cake in a DCB is that it creates a moist and evenly baked cake. The deep walls of the DCB trap in the heat and steam, resulting in a deliciously moist cake every time. Additionally, the non-stick surface of the DCB makes for easy cleanup.

Can I add toppings to my DCB Cake?

Yes, you can add toppings to your DCB Cake to make it even more delicious. Some popular toppings include frosting, whipped cream, fresh fruit, and sprinkles. Get creative and have fun customizing your DCB Cake with your favorite toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chef Shari