• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need to Grease My DCB for Baking a Cake? Tips from Marci

In summary, a "Cake in My Dcb" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that involves making a cake in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) using basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, and milk. It can be made in the microwave or oven and can be customized with different ingredients and toppings for endless variations.
mmilus
Gold Member
Do I need to grease my DCB before making a cake in it? I've not used it a great deal so it's not seasoned well yet and I want to make one for an event this weekend. Thanks! Marci

What kind of cake are you making? Is it going in the oven or microwave?If it's for the microwave, I spritz it with a little oil, but really it probably just depends on the kind of cake you are making. If it's one of the lava cakes, I don't think you need to worry about it.

Great - thank you! I'm going to make one tonight just so I am not going cold on Saturday and will spritz with a little. Appreciate the quick reply!
Marci

I use Baker's Joy when I'm baking a cake. It's great and doesn't leave that nasty build up that regular oil sometimes can.

Ladies - thanks for the tip. I made a lemon cake to test it tonight and it was AWESOME! I will definitely be making more of these in the future.

What is a "Cake in My Dcb"?

A "Cake in My Dcb" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that involves making a cake in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), a stoneware baking dish. It is a simple and easy way to make a delicious cake in the microwave.

What ingredients do I need to make a "Cake in My Dcb"?

The basic ingredients for a "Cake in My Dcb" include flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. You can also add in other ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to customize your cake.

How do I make a "Cake in My Dcb" in the microwave?

To make a "Cake in My Dcb" in the microwave, simply mix all the ingredients together in the stoneware baking dish and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before serving.

Can I make a "Cake in My Dcb" in the oven?

Yes, you can also make a "Cake in My Dcb" in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

What variations of "Cake in My Dcb" can I make?

There are endless variations of "Cake in My Dcb" that you can make by adding different ingredients or using different flavors of cake mix. You can also experiment with different toppings, such as frosting, whipped cream, or fresh fruit, to create unique and delicious cakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vgibsonrn
  • Aurora
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies