• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

In summary, Gil is in early labor but still having regular contractions and is waiting for something to push her to leave or stay in the UK. She is worried about her health and the health of her baby.
Debbie: I have heard that drinking Tonic Water before bed will help with leg cramps. I just read it in some magazine but can't remember which one. Most people don't like the taste of it, I LOVE IT, so you can add lemon to it to make it taste better.

Debbie- you are not hijacking my thread! I can't imagine not giving in to my cravings, much less getting the right amount of the right groups at the right time! You are wonder woman!! I hope you feel better soon... my friend took extra vitamins and they made her leg cramps go away- I want to say it was extra vitamin C and B12 but check first because I can't remember!!

Jennie- WOW, a pig valve? You would think that if she was worried about it she would have told you earlier... good thing you had your old OB to go to!

Katie- only the top player moved on and he got third. The guy that won is his really good friend and will be playing in Washington for a spot at the open.

Anne- Thanks so much! I am SO excited and terrified at the same time, LOL!

Jennie4PC said:
I have a pig valve in and towards the end she started getting nervous. Thank goodness I had my OB in UT that was totally willing to deliver my baby. ( He knew all my past history).
Um--I am so sorry to ask but what is a pig valve? :confused:

gilliandanielle said:
I think she is more excited about the Dora Spaghettios I promised her she could eat while with the babysitter!!

It's so funny how little kids think of themselves...when my second daughter was born, my older daughter was 4. #2 was born at 10:40pm, and my 4 yr old didn't understand why her sister kept her up so late, lol!

Gillian,
That was such a touching picture! Makes me miss the being pregnant thing! You look absolutely awesome! I just had my surgery last Friday and feel great this week! I hope all goes well for you. I know you've been patiently waiting on this little one! Good luck and God Bless!

chefkristin said:
Um--I am so sorry to ask but what is a pig valve? :confused:

Its a replacement valve in my heart I had OPen heart surgery when my oldest was 9 months.

Best Wishes Gillian! I am glad you are going to start getting some rest and to be able to hold little Baylor soon!

Good luck & happy baby Gillian!

gilliandanielle said:
I do have a bit of news- I am going to be induced on June 7th (Thursday) at 6:30 AM!! I am so excited! I know personal opinions on inductions vary greatly, but I have always had a great experience and will be relieved to not have to worry about kick counts every few hours. Also it will make childcare for my toddlers a lot more reliable. Of course now that I have my date set I will probably go into labor before then, LOL!

I won't have my laptop because Alaska is 10 years behind the rest of the world so there is no internet. I will bring a few cheffers #'s with me so I can give someone the news and they can post it.

Debbie- I am sorry you are having such a rough time! It sure doesn't sound like fun along with all the other great pregnancy stuff too! My DH will be with me on Thurday and Friday but will have to go back to work on Saturday and Sunday because his course is busiest on the weekends (I am sure most are, LOL!).

I will have lots of help from both our families, and my mom is planning on taking a few days off to help as well. I usually feel great after delivery and am fine with being alone on day 2 or 3, but this time I am getting my tubal ligation and am concerned about how I'll feel after that. It is sad to know that I only have 5 days left of being pregnant for the rest of my life, but it is the right choice for us...

Congrats Gillian! I know you don't want to wait an extra day, but the 8th would have been great! :p That's my baby girl's birthday!!! She will be 7! Her birthday would have been the 7th but my doctor didn't work on Wednesdays, and so they scheduled me for Thurday morning the 8th! I had placentia previa with my daughter and spent from the 1st day of my 31st week until almost the 37th week in the hospital!!! I came home 36 hours shy of being in their exactly 6 weeks! They did two Amnio's on me and on May 31st she wasn't ready to be born yet (her lungs weren't ready) but on the 6th of June she was ready! And I got my little bundle of Joy on June 8th! C-section with this her, that the thing with placentia previa- if I would have tried to have her vaginally, she would have sufficated and I could have hemoraged, don't know if I spelled either of those words right!
Here's the kicker for her birthdate.... EXACTLY one year before that, to the date, I miscarried a baby! So Jessica is really special to me besides the normal special! I take it as a message from God telling me "see, I'll take care of you!" He replaced the most devastating day of my life with one of the happiest. Other then my son being born 4 years before, it was the greatest day! He gave me a reason to celebrate the 8th of June instead of grieving sooo much on that day! Jessica doesn't replace that baby but she has helped to heal me and not have me hurt so bad on that day! I will always think of the one I miscarried and love the baby, but I know one day I will see that baby in heaven!
Okay.... well, I'm getting sentimentel now, I need to go get my kids up and going for the day! Again, Congrats Gillian!:D

Last edited:
MissChef said:
Congrats Gillian! I know you don't want to wait an extra day, but the 8th would have been great! :p That's my baby girl's birthday!!! She will be 7!

My baby will be 3 on June 8!!! He was actually due JULY 7, but came a month early! I cannot get my brain wrapped around the fact that he is such a little boy now, and not so much a baby!

ChefBeckyD said:
My baby will be 3 on June 8!!! He was actually due JULY 7, but came a month early! I cannot get my brain wrapped around the fact that he is such a little boy now, and not so much a baby!

Mine wil be 3 on July 19th. I am amazed at how fast it has gone by! We are still trying to decide if and when we should try for another.

My son will be 5 on August 2nd. HELLO???? Where does the time go?:eek:

My baby turned 38 in March.

Oh, wait. You mean your CHILDREN. Never mind.....
:D

^^^LOL! :D :D I know what you mean! My hubby can act like my biggest child! :rolleyes: He's all man most of the time but when he gets sick or gets into a video game he can be worse than my son!:p ;)
But he's a good man and I just smile and let him get away with it cause most of the time he not that bad! Sometimes he can act more like he's too old!:eek: :p

Hey! We haven't heard anything from Gillian today......maybe baby Baylor is on the way????

chefann said:
My baby turned 38 in March.

Oh, wait. You mean your CHILDREN. Never mind.....
:D

Mine turns 38 in a few weeks... LOL!

I always say I have 3 kids and I married my oldest...

Then that means I have four... no wonder I'm so tired and completely confused!

Mine will be 11 July 4th! A firecracker baby!!:)

I am still here. My nesting is in full swing (finally!) which is good because my house really needs it so I can slack for a few weeks. Yesterday I took everything out of my bedroom because we were waiting for new furniture and then spent 4-5 hours cleaning out and organizing my garage. Today I cleaned the carpets in my bedroom, my stairs, and got all the toddler stains off my couches. Now my couches are all wet, so I am sitting on the floor, LOL! I need to finish cleaning my living room carpets and then start assembling my new bed frame.

As you can see I am keeping busy but still count down the hours every little bit. Up for tomorrow is my bathroom, packing my bags, and cleaning out my van (YIKES!!).

Those microfiber dishcloths sure can keep up though!!

God Bless you Gillian! I remember those days of nesting where you get that energy that just won't end! Have fun and then totally enjoy that beautifull little girl!

Thanks Diane! I am a little beaten down now because my new (to me) bed is a piece of crap. It is the kind that you don't use a box spring (we have always just had the basic metal frame) but even with the support cross bars my whole mattress is sinking in spots. I told me DH that he is never getting any lovin' again if we keep this hunk of junk because it will probably snap in half just from me heaving my pregasaurous body onto it. :D

gilliandanielle said:
... just from me heaving my pregasaurous body onto it. :D

Now THAT is a word picture!!!! RALMHO :D

jrstephens said:
Mine wil be 3 on July 19th. I am amazed at how fast it has gone by! We are still trying to decide if and when we should try for another.

That's my anniversary. Not 3 years ago, but the same date. Actually this year will be 10 years!!

Oh SHOOT! Sorry Gillian! Can you send it back? The floor sounds better than that new bed! I'm sure with that threat... your DH will be finding something better! :)

Gillian,

Try to rest, honey. That nesting energy is for your labor & delivery.
I'm sorry about the bed. Have DH make it all better for you.

Man, Gill, you are really nesting! You're going to be worn out even before your labor starts!

My older daughter turns 8 next Thursday:eek: Slumber party with 8-8year olds!

Good luck Gillian!!!!!!! I'll be waiting for the news!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! I am getting excited, but running out of time to get things done... everything is easier to do without a newborn so I am trying to get as much accomplished as I can today, but I am fading pretty fast! It is only 10 am here and I am ready for a nap. Too bad my toddlers don't agree, LOL!

Good luck with everything Gillian! Enjoy your new baby:) - June babies are great- my son Noah turns 10 on June 10th! It goes by so fast.

I haven't been this excited about a baby being born since I had mine 3 yrs ago!:D It's thrilling to think that one way or another - Baylor will be making her grand entrance in a day or so!
Lots of prayers being said for you & your family today Gillian!

Good luck , My son is a June Baby It makes Birthday partys so nice to be able to have them in the summer. let us all know A.S.A.P

We can't wait. You better post the second you deliver! lol

I'm so excited for you Gillian! I hope everything goes well for you and baby Baylor tomorrow. I will be traveling, but I will be thinking about you. I'm not going to have internet capabilities for several days :( so it will be sometime next week before I have a chance to check back in and see some pictures .... maybe not until I get back home :eek: I hope not that long! I will go into withdrawls without my daily CS fix! :p

Gotta keep this thread "upfront"!!

Can you feel the excitement in the air? lol

Paula

Alright ladies- I just got back from my appointment and everything is set. I need to call first and make sure they have room but as long as they do tomorrow will be Miss Baylor's b-day! I am going to worry about the space situation until I hear good news... bummer!

Also my doc said that she will try to break my water first and give me an hour or two to see what my body does on it's own before starting the pitocin. I was really hoping for this plan, so I am glad that is already their procedure.

While I was gone someone from HO called to interview me for the Weekly Bites. LOL! Poor woman- if she only knew who she was calling for their "recruiting prowess". I have been recruiting all my hosts because I am too lazy to do their shows... think they will print that in weekly bites, LOL???

Hey, it's a technique that hasn't been spotlighted yet.

If it works for you... why not?

I have been recruiting a lot because I could care less if my hosts walk. I have nothing to lose so I give them three options- 1)catalog show 2)have one of my team members do the show 3)sign up and make the commission, plus PC dollars based on performance.

I haven't had a host turn me down yet! I have a lot of good advice that I could give, but since I am not currently doing it (3-2-1, etc.) I would hate to talk a big talk, have it printed in WB, and have my team reading it laughing...

Well its almost the 7th so good luck can't wait to see pics of her !!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck tomorrow, Gillian. I'll be thinking of you all day. May your labor and delivery be fast and easy!

Can't wait to see pics, too!

Good luck Gillian! I will pray for a smooth sailing delivery with everything happening as you desire it to be!
I have a field trip with my daughter's class tomorrow but I know I will keep thinking of you! And I will come home to my computer right after to school to find out when she made her grand entrance!
God Bless you!:)

Good Luck, Gillian! I can't wait to hear about baby Baylor's entrance! I need you to keep this thread going, as it just makes my day!

LOVE the recruiting idea-WB could benefit from that kind of advice...."what do I have to lose"!!!

It's d-day! That's delivery day:D Yeah!
Well, that's still an honor that they were going to interview you! Did they want you to call them back?

She wanted me to call her back, but she also e-mailed me the questions. I dropped her a quick note explaining that I had better things to do today but that I would answer them when I got back if she is still interested. We'll see what I get as a reply...

It is 4:40 am here! I am going to jump in the shower and get ready, then call the hospital around 5am and make sure they have room. I am going to be SO dissapointed if this falls through, but am holding out hope that this is THE BIG DAY!!

How Exciting!!!IT'S THE BIG DAY GILLIAN!!!

WE WILL ALL BE PRAYING AND ROOTING FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS! I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU! I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT!

DEBBIE :D

gilliandanielle said:
She wanted me to call her back, but she also e-mailed me the questions. I dropped her a quick note explaining that I had better things to do today but that I would answer them when I got back if she is still interested. We'll see what I get as a reply...

It is 4:40 am here! I am going to jump in the shower and get ready, then call the hospital around 5am and make sure they have room. I am going to be SO dissapointed if this falls through, but am holding out hope that this is THE BIG DAY!!
Best wishes Gillian!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Good luck Mommy and little miss Baylor!!! :)

Alright ladies- ITS A GO!! I was sure that after I planned everything down to the last minute that there would be a snag somewhere, but they told me to come on in!! I just had to jump back on and update you guys, LOL! I will get you info as fast as I can...

How exciting!!!! Good luck to you!!!:D

Thanks Becky! I guess I got up a little too early, LOL! It is only 5:40...I need to be there at 6:30 and the hospital is only 10-15 mins away. I took some belly pics and did some last minute chores, but now I am bored. AND STARVING!! Mmm clear liquids, LOL!

<h2>1. What are the signs of early labor?</h2><p>Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.</p><h2>2. How did you know you were in early labor?</h2><p>I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.</p><h2>3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?</h2><p>I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you are in early labor?</h2><p>If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.</p><h2>5. What is the update on your pregnancy?</h2><p>As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.</p>

Related to Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

1. What are the signs of early labor?

Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.

2. How did you know you were in early labor?

I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.

3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?

I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.

4. What should you do if you are in early labor?

If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.

5. What is the update on your pregnancy?

As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat