• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

In summary, Gil is in early labor but still having regular contractions and is waiting for something to push her to leave or stay in the UK. She is worried about her health and the health of her baby.
Gillian: I am thinking of you and your family!!!! I am sooo happy for you. I am ready to cry!

gilliandanielle said:
I have been recruiting a lot because I could care less if my hosts walk. I have nothing to lose so I give them three options- 1)catalog show 2)have one of my team members do the show 3)sign up and make the commission, plus PC dollars based on performance.

I haven't had a host turn me down yet! I have a lot of good advice that I could give, but since I am not currently doing it (3-2-1, etc.) I would hate to talk a big talk, have it printed in WB, and have my team reading it laughing...

When you get "back on", you'll have to go into a little more detail about what you are saying to your hosts. OK"

Yeah - keep us posted! (Pun intended).

Happy Birthday early to Baylor!

Good luck today!!! Your a real trooper:)

While Gillian is away I can begin my evil plan to become post queen... bwa ha hahaha! Just 1000 to go

Watch out, Anne. The total post slut (that would be me) is only a couple hundred behind you. :)

chefann said:
Watch out, Anne. The total post slut (that would be me) is only a couple hundred behind you. :)
I will not have dissention among the ranks!

Aw....
Can we be co-queens, then?

Sure! LOL

I am not going to do your evil bidding and you can't make me!!!

So, it is Thursday...any news?

katie0128 said:
I am not going to do your evil bidding and you can't make me!!!
Too funny!

Yay GillianALRIGHT GILLIAN THAT'S GREAT NEWS!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

I just got back from my doctor's appt with my diabetes doctor. My sugars are doing great and I have lost 3 lbs!!

I'M STARVING!!!!!

LOL

The good news is that my doctor thinks I only have 2 1/2 -3 1/2 weeks to go in this pregnancy!!!!

I will be 33 weeks on Monday and since the baby is very low and I am having minor contractions and this is my fifth baby, it might be an early one. She will be checking my cervix on a weekly basis from now on. I am so excited! I am ready for my baby!! I am in a nesting stage. I have been preparing like crazy!! I'm so happy for Gillian, she is probably holding her little girl right now!!!!!

Debbie :D

Man I have a long way to go before I can even be conisdered a serf much less a queen.

Post Peasant has a nice ring to it though...
Post Slave ... not so much.

Thinkin' of you and Baylor, Gillian!!!!

Yeah! I can't wait to see a pic of baby Baylor! I wish you all the best Gillian!

Well, no news is good news, right?

Sure hope we hear something soon! I'm kind of feeling like a "father in the waiting room", from back a few decades ago!! lol

Gillian, we're all rootin' for ya!! Hope all is going well!!

Pig Valve?? YOu mean one of your heart valves...
Jennie4PC said:
I have a pig valve in and towards the end she started getting nervous. Thank goodness I had my OB in UT that was totally willing to deliver my baby. ( He knew all my past history).

is a pig's valve??

My little brother was supposed to get a pig's valve and was soooo excited, but ended up with a larger plastic valve and was sooo disappointed. He raised hogs and thought it would be sooo cool to have a pig's valve!

Liz

Liz
yes my mitral valve is a pig alve for now. One day it will be a mechanical valve

Just some cheering...Gil-li-an!!! Gil-li-an!!! Gil-li-an!!! Gil-li-an!!! Gil-li-an!!! Gil-li-an!!! GGooooooooo Gillian!!! :D

Just bumping this thread into the "limelight", so to speak....

Our thoughts are with you, Gillian!! and Baylor, too!!

I leave for my cruise tomorrow and want to know before I leave!!

I think Gillian said that she wouldn't have internet access while in the hospital....so we will probably have to wait until she gets home. But I'm SURE checking in with us will be the very first thing she does when she walks in the door!:p I'm still checking here several times a day though - hoping for an update & a picture of Mommy & Miss Baylor!

I think that Gillian has a few phone numbers of consultants from CS...and she was planning to give them an update so that they can relay to the rest of us! We will just have to wait and see :)

I thought she was going to call soemone too, I'm a little worried I thought we would have heard something by now.
praying everything is ok with both of them.

Don't get worried... just yet...
Just getting registered and admitted to L&D and breaking her water can take a number of hours. She said the OB wanted to wait to see if her body would take over and start labor before they started a pit drip. If she was progressing (even if only slowly), they might have let her labor most of the day. But even after starting pit, it still can take a while. I labored with my DS for 30 hours AFTER they started pit.
It has just been 24 hours since she went and I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything yet. But hopefully today!!!

ok, all 3 of mine were induced longest labor was 11 hours so I guess I was just anxious to hear before we leave!
Teresa

And she's also getting a tubal ligation, I believe she said, so that will add more time to everything as well.

Here's hoping for good news soon!!

Hey, I just thought of something. Awhile back, someone posted some "baby shower" ideas for Gillian. Maybe now would be a good time to "re-list" anything she is needing...? Along with her address, of course!

I remember seeing requests for gift cards, too.

Since she's not on right now, maybe someone who knows her situation personally could give us some ideas of what sort of things she could use...?

Here is that post for GillianI am attaching the thread that was posted for Gillian. I am sure she will be grateful with whatever you all choose to give her. Her address is below and know that her hubby is working two jobs right now to help pay bills and Gillian won't be doing too many shows, so anything will help.

In the "Where is Gillian?" thread, the topic of an online baby shower came up. Mailing gifts to Alaska can cost as much as the gift so I threw out the idea of sending her gift cards. The idea was a hit so I've done a little research.

While I believe that, overall, a gift card baby shower for Gillian will be well received I also know that this idea might strike a nerve with some cheffers. I do not want to stir the pot or "open a can of worms" as mentioned in the other thread. I will lock this thread after I submit this. Whether you choose to participate or not is completely up to you and a private matter.

I have emailed Gillian for permission to do this and she is overwhelmed by the offer. She said she read the other thread and bawled! (She blamed her hormones!) She said she would like to have the baby this weekend but thinks it might be another week!

If you would like to participate, here are the details. I've googled her town and here are some nationwide stores that sell gift cards.

Target, Sears, WalMart, Burger King, Arby's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, and McDonald's. I've listed a variety so you can pick something that fits your budget.

I wasn't going to list her address here but she said it's a box and it is listed on her website and business cards. She was comfortable with having me post it. Even if you don't want to send a gift card or it just isn't in the budget for you right now, feel free to just send a card or note. I'm sure she would appreciate the thought.

Gillian Wright
HC33 Box 3181-D
Wasilla, AK 99654

If you have any questions that I didn't cover, please PM me. If you have any complaints, please don't PM me.

As a funny side note....there is a department store in Wasilla called Gottschalks, I wonder if Marla owns it? Also, there is a restaurant named Nobody's Inn. I tried to call them to see if they sell gift cards but "nobody was in". Sorry...couldn't resist!

So sending just a card or gift card inside a card is just a first class stamp, even to Alaska?

UspsI went onto the USPS postal service website and entered in her zip from mine and got a quote of 0.41 cents stamp only if it was 1 ounce. I am not sure how much a gift card in an envelope weighs but up to 3 ounces I got a quote of 0.75.
For 5 ounces I got a quote of $1.48.
For 8 ounces I got a quote of $1.99.
For 12 ounces I got a quote of $2.67.
I am in TX. So check it out for yourselves. Type in your zip and then Gillians and find your price quote!! Pick the choice for letter and then type in 0 for pounds unless you are sending a large package that would be measured in pounds. I figured a card and gift card would be only ounces. But depending on the size and how many, the weight will vary.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

It should be, since it's still in the United States. The only other thing is, you might want to send a gift card "insured". If they get lost or stolen en route, I think they aren't able to be replaced. They are, in effect, almost like mailing cash. So, maybe a personal check would be something to consider instead of the actual gift card...?

My sister-in-law sent all of us gift cards for Christmas last year, and she sort of "camouflaged" them by sending them in a small box, instead of a card. One year, she sent all of us individual Christmas cards (there's 5 of us), and had gift cards to the mall in each of them. My husband's never made it. Because they were purchased at the same time, they were numbered, in sequence, so I knew the exact "serial number" that would've been on his. But, they told me that they had no way to actually cancel and re-issue it, so he lost out on his. We never told her, because my sister-in-law is so sweet, she would've undoubtedly sent him another one, and we didn't feel that was right. So, if I remember correctly, I "shared" mine with him!! lol

So....maybe a padded envelope would be a little safer?? Just my 2 cents!!

Of course, padded envelopes might weigh a tiny bit more, but it shouldn't be a huge amount.

And, if you go with a package, don't forget that we get a discount at FedEx now, don't we??

Debbie,
Thanks for re-posting Gillian's address. It will help that we don't have to go back through the entire thread to find it. Are we able to mail gifts to that address, too, since it's a box?
Also, Debbie, how are YOU feeling?? I believe your time is "drawing near", as well, isn't it?? Hope you're doing OK with your sugar! I am a diabetic, so I do understand the burden....and it is definitely a burden!!

Paula

I know that on Target.com you can purchase a gift card and I believe that either you get free shipping or you can send it via email. Hope this helps, can't wait to hear about the baby.
On an induction note, I decided I wanted to be induced with my son to make sure that I was not in the hospital for Christmas. I went in at 6 am on a Monday, and they started pitocin? at 7 am, by 7 pm nothing had happened. The next day at 6 am they broke my water and increased my pitocin, on a high dose by then already. I did not end up having him until 11:23 that night. :mad: You never know what will happen, everyone tried to talk me out of it because it was supposed to go so fast, but boy were they wrong. I am pg again and I said NO WAY to induction this time, this little one can come when they are ready! We will keep Gillian in our prayers!

I have done a Wal-Mart gift card for my bro before and it was a virtual one. There was also an option to have them mail it.

Ok I lied, well not on purpose. I just looked on Target.com and it cost 1.95 for shipping of a gift card, but the e card option is free. A gift card can go in a regular envelope for the .41 cents. I think this shower idea is soooo cool and I hope that everyone who can will participate.:D

umm, can someone pm me her email: I'd love to send an egift card!
TIA!

I agree, what a blessing this is bound to be!! I just wish I lived closer, as I love to make dinner for a new mommy!!

Ohio is just tooo far away!! lol Guess that gift or gift card will have to do!!
Can't wait to see pictures, though!!

It just makes you want to fly to Alaska and give her all the help she needs.

If only we could make this a business trip, then we could write off the expense!

Anchorage is close...I live in Anchorage, about 45 min to an hour from Gillian. Make your business trip plans - you can stay with me!!!

Also, in Anchorage we have a lot more shopping options. The Wasilla folks (like Gillian) come to "town" for shopping all the time. We have book stores: Barnes & Noble and Borders; Kids/Baby stuff at Burlington Coat Factory and Toys R Us; and JC Penny. A popular department store here is Fred Meyer - they have groceries too (like a Super Walmart) so this might be an interesting option.

Postage here is the same cost as any other flat rate location - just it can take an extra day or two (which is NOT a huge deal to me!) If anyone wants to send a box of any kind, flat rate Priority Mail is usually the best option. Of the others, Fex Ex (don't throw things!!) is WWAAAAYYY better cost-wise than UPS - don't even look!! DHL is pretty reasonable and I have had great luck with them.

Another option if there's something specific you'd like to give her and save on shipping, we can work something out and I can buy it for you. She is in my cluster, so I know I can get directions to her house without a problem!!

My address is
Rebecca Tieche
7045 Arnold Ave
Unit B
Elmendorf AFB, AK 99506
(907) 743-2959

I have two meetings at church tonight so I'll be leaving soon, but send me an email, post here, or leave a voice mail and I will be happy to get back to you tomorrow. When you leave a message for a return phone call, let me know what time zone you are in. Alaska has it's own time - one hour earlier than Pacific. (Right now it is 4:30 in AK, that means it's 5:30 in Cali, 6:30 Mountain; 7:30 in Chicago and 8:30 in New York.)

Does anyone know if she has a "nursery theme", or special colors for the baby's room, anything like that???

I love the idea of a business trip to Alaska....think she'd like to host a cooking show, so I can come out and write off the trip? Ha! Ha!

I know my husband would sure love to make the trip out....that's his dream vacation!!

Love the idea of a business trip to Alaska too . She wouldn't belive it if we all showed up there to help out for a week.
We can even bring our products ( can't bring knifes on the plane ,we will have to use hers ) and do a few cooking shows while we are there.

That's what I do, I go to Alaska to visit my father, and do a show... instant business trip. Even had a recuit up there for a while. I think I am about due... but for some reason I want to go in October. Kinda hard to trick or treat in 0 degrees though! (ok I'm spoiled!)

Paula R. Lewis said:
Debbie,
Thanks for re-posting Gillian's address. It will help that we don't have to go back through the entire thread to find it. Are we able to mail gifts to that address, too, since it's a box?
Also, Debbie, how are YOU feeling?? I believe your time is "drawing near", as well, isn't it?? Hope you're doing OK with your sugar! I am a diabetic, so I do understand the burden....and it is definitely a burden!!

Paula

You are welcome. That is so cool to actually have someone on here that is in Gillian's cluster and can get things to her address!!
THANK YOU REBECCA. Do you have a paypal account? We could even paypal you the amount we want for certain gift cards and you could purchase them for us. If that's not too much trouble, of course.

I don't know about packages to a P.O. Box but I am sure we could send them to Rebecca's address and she could get it to her.

I am doing fine with my sugars. I have been doing my four shots a day, seven pokes on the finger to check my blood sugar, and staying on my diet. And you are right, I will be 33 weeks on Monday and my doctor told me I could have this baby as early as 35 weeks but not more than 37. Had my 18 month old at 36 1/2 weeks!! Thank you for asking!

Address
heat123 said:
umm, can someone pm me her email: I'd love to send an egift card!
TIA!

Here is her email address for all those who want to send an ecard.

[email protected]

So, any baby news yet??????!!!!!!!!??????? Weight, time/date of birth??? Anything????

Yea....where's all those cheffers she said knew her and would post when she delivered??? <grin>

Sure hope we hear good news soon!!

I only have her home number, which won't do any good, since she's not there right now. :)

<h2>1. What are the signs of early labor?</h2><p>Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.</p><h2>2. How did you know you were in early labor?</h2><p>I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.</p><h2>3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?</h2><p>I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you are in early labor?</h2><p>If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.</p><h2>5. What is the update on your pregnancy?</h2><p>As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.</p>

1. What are the signs of early labor?

Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.

2. How did you know you were in early labor?

I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.

3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?

I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.

4. What should you do if you are in early labor?

If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.

5. What is the update on your pregnancy?

As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat