• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Ear/Sinus Issues May Be Tmi for Some

In summary, Amanda went to the ER for a severe earache and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. She was given antibiotics but her ear pain worsened and it began to leak fluid tinged with blood. She is worried and has considered calling the ER or speaking to a nurse. Others have suggested she go to the doctor, as it could be a busted eardrum or inner ear infection. Amanda is also concerned about her upcoming show and is asking for advice. She has experienced ear infections before and has found relief through prayer. Despite feeling dizzy, she is still considering performing tomorrow night.
jesusluvsu2005
Okay, I had to go to the ER early yesterday morning because my ear was hurting so bad. I've been sick for about 2 weeks and I started feeling it turning into a sinus infection on sunday. I started take mucinex-d and it seemed like I was improving but then yesterday my ear started hurting bad. I mean rivalling contractions bad. They said I had a sinus infection and sent me home with antibiotics. Well yesterday everning some of the worst pain came along with feeling like my ear was rupturing or something. It's now been leaking fluid since then and is tinged with blood. Is this okay? Has anyone else had this happen because I never have and I am kind of worried. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I would have it checked out. Your ear drum could've busted. My friend has had this happen several times. Maybe you could call the Dr to talk to a nurse before going back in.

I thought about calling the er. They said to call if I have any questions. What does it mean if it's busted? Is there long term damage? I have a show tomorrow night and I am hoping I will be able to go. I'm just not sure what to do at the show if it's still draining.

Call the doctor, this doesn't sound good.

Ugh! I used to get ear infections like that. It can be really serious. Are you dizzy or tipsy, or nauseous at all? It could very well be an inner ear infection - you should probably call your Dr. One time when that happened to me, he sent me straight to the ER - they had to suction out my ear. It wasn't pretty.:yuck:

This might sound strange to some, but this happened to me in High School and College alot, until one time, the Nurse at the College Clinic (I went to a Christian College) layed hands on my ears and prayed over me before sending me to the Dr....I've never had an ear infection since then!

I called just now and they said it's normal. I am a bit dizzy, but I have been laying down a lot. Nothing tremendous. I'm on antibiotics so wouldn't that help an inner ear infection also? I really don't want anyone messing with my ear as bad as it's hurt lately.

I have never cancelled a show but I'm worried about tomorrow night. What would y'all do as far as the show goes?

was the dizzyness before or after the ear infection???? sorry couldn't resist..

lol
after

1. What are some common signs and symptoms of sinus issues?

Common symptoms of sinus issues may include sinus pressure, headache, congestion, facial pain or tenderness, postnasal drip, and difficulty breathing through the nose.

2. How can I tell if I have a sinus infection or just allergies?

While sinus infections and allergies can have similar symptoms, such as congestion and postnasal drip, sinus infections are usually accompanied by fever, thick discolored mucus, and facial pain or tenderness. Allergies, on the other hand, may also include sneezing, itchy eyes, and a runny nose.

3. What are some at-home remedies for sinus issues?

Some at-home remedies for sinus issues include using a saline nasal spray or rinse, using a humidifier, applying warm compresses to the face, drinking plenty of fluids, and using over-the-counter decongestants or pain relievers.

4. When should I see a doctor for my sinus issues?

If your symptoms are severe, last longer than 10 days, or are accompanied by a fever, it is best to see a doctor. Additionally, if you have a history of chronic sinus issues or have tried at-home remedies with no relief, it may be time to seek medical attention.

5. Can certain foods or lifestyle habits contribute to sinus issues?

Yes, certain foods and habits can contribute to sinus issues. Foods high in dairy or sugar can increase mucus production, while smoking or being exposed to secondhand smoke can irritate the sinuses. Maintaining a healthy diet and avoiding smoking can help prevent sinus issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • paroese
  • General Chat
Replies