• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'd Take a Picture but I Don't Have a Wide Angle Lens

In summary, the good news is that it is not an ovarian cyst. The doctor feels it is either my appendix or an infection in my fallopian tube and ovary on the right side, and so he sent me home with a prescription for anti-biotics. I await the results of the white blood cell count and the pregnancy test.
KellyTheChef said:
Kacey...I have not been on all day and just saw that you are feeling worse!

I pray that whatever it is...they figure it out and HELP YOU FEEL BETTER quickly! Prayers for your employer to be understanding, too!

I love you!
Kelly

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh Kacey, I'm praying for you and hope you everything will be okay! I think your work will be okay - they seem to really like you (and why wouldn't they)!!

If you end up w/surgery for some reason, too bad you couldn't share a room in the hospital w/me when I have my gall bladder surgery:)! Oh, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing since you would probably make me laugh way too much!!

Please let us know what you find out tomorrow!

Thanks sweeties! I will let you know what the doctor says after I call them tomorrow. The nurse said she'd return my call after her meeting.

I'm off to take my next horse pill. Hand to the heavens- those things are huge. They are over 1 inch long and a smidge more than half an inch wide!

Kitchen Diva said:
I'll come up and get you- are you close to the Minnesota/Canadian boarder?

We'll have fun with out those cool gals! LOL

Not even close!!! I'm about 7 hours North of the Washington/British Columbia border.

rennea said:
Not even close!!! I'm about 7 hours North of the Washington/British Columbia border.

Well, yer just gonna have to move cause I won't even drive that far for a donut!

Kacey, I hope you feel better and it's nothing serious!
Keep us informed!
I, myself, am going to the dr tomorrow for a nice little cough I've had since I did an event outside all weekend for Memorial weekend. My husband says I have either Black Lung or TB...Let's hope not! LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Well, yer just gonna have to move cause I won't even drive that far for a donut!

I'll let my DH know when he gets home tonight;)

chefsteph07 said:
Kacey, I hope you feel better and it's nothing serious!
Keep us informed!
I, myself, am going to the dr tomorrow for a nice little cough I've had since I did an event outside all weekend for Memorial weekend. My husband says I have either Black Lung or TB...Let's hope not! LOL

Steph! I hope you feel better! Maybe you just have a case of bronchitis, or a chest infection... I will pray for you, please PM me or something so I know how you are! Your DH is being a wee bit dramatic me thinks! :)

Go take care of yourself and get better soon! I hate coughs! yucky!!

rennea said:
I'll let my DH know when he gets home tonight;)

Thank you, I appreciate that! :) LOL I'm off to go and rest in the recliner. I feel a bit weak, so it's time to rest. I'll check back in an hour...

pampered.chris said:
You must be a blast when doing PC parties!!!

My employees all think I'm nuts. The younger staff will always bring their friends in to "meet" me. Took me a while to catch on!!

pampered.chris said:
You must be a blast when doing PC parties!!!

Yeah, I've been told I am! I think that's why my show sales are so high...people are paying me for the comedy. I wanted to be a sit down comedian when I grew up. Since all the other ones were standing, I figured I could be funnier if I sat...

Kacey, Oh my word!!! I so hope you are feeling better and soon. I have been praying for you all week long. I will continue and also pray for your job as well.
I have NO IDEA the kind of pain you must be in, hopefully it will stop and SOON!!!
Best wishes!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, I've been told I am! I think that's why my show sales are so high...people are paying me for the comedy. I wanted to be a sit down comedian when I grew up. Since all the other ones were standing, I figured I could be funnier if I sat...

Now that...that is priceless!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:

She was talking to me sweet cheeks;)

rennea said:
She was talking to me sweet cheeks;)

Yo Momma she was talkin' to you!

pampered.chris said:
Kacey, Oh my word!!! I so hope you are feeling better and soon. I have been praying for you all week long. I will continue and also pray for your job as well.
I have NO IDEA the kind of pain you must be in, hopefully it will stop and SOON!!!
Best wishes!!!

The funny thing is that I hurt but it's bearable. I'm waiting for it to get worse, but so far I'm tolerating it well. Thanks for your prayers! :)

Go get rest now missy!

Kacey, get some rest, girly q!I cannot believe they THINK it could be an appendix and yet you aren't admitted to a hospital!If that is ruled out, have them do a function test of your gall bladder. An ultrasound does NOT always reveal all!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Kacey, get some rest, girly q!

I cannot believe they THINK it could be an appendix and yet you aren't admitted to a hospital!

If that is ruled out, have them do a function test of your gall bladder. An ultrasound does NOT always reveal all!

Thanks, I will. Doctor said that anywhere he sends me will just send me home until the pain is worse. Right now he said he feels we caught it at the very early stages of either an infected appendix or an infected fallopian tube (not sure how that happens at all, but whatever)

My prayer is that this big time antibiotic will not wipe me out- the last time I had to go on one, I was sick for a month trying to get the healthy bacteria back in my stomach... man was I sick! UGH!

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, I will. Doctor said that anywhere he sends me will just send me home until the pain is worse. Right now he said he feels we caught it at the very early stages of either an infected appendix or an infected fallopian tube (not sure how that happens at all, but whatever)

My prayer is that this big time antibiotic will not wipe me out- the last time I had to go on one, I was sick for a month trying to get the healthy bacteria back in my stomach... man was I sick! UGH!

Um...that is so not cool. I really hope that doesn't happen either!!

I hope you like YOGURT!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I hope you like YOGURT!

can it be flavored?!
I am a bit slow tonight...why will she need to like yogurt? LOL...wow, I can't believe I am going to post more than one dumb question in one night.
I really am usually not this retarded...sorry.

pampered.chris said:
can it be flavored?!
I am a bit slow tonight...why will she need to like yogurt? LOL...wow, I can't believe I am going to post more than one dumb question in one night.
I really am usually not this retarded...sorry.

A-HA!!! I get it now!!! To get the healthy bacteria back...see I can be smart sometimes too!!

Very nice, Chris. You get a gold star for figuring it out all by yourself! :D

chefmeg said:
I would really like to go to Leadership again, but who knows how much a flight will cost by then! Especially from the east coast!.......wanna roadtrip Erin?? We could stop and get Beth, then head north for Cheryl, Ann and Colleen and make it a CRAZY time!

Its on!!! LOL!! Although I should grab Beth and head to you..then on from there.

DH's schedule is gonna get really tight right around Leadership so I have to work my best girlfriends here to get my kids around..but it might work!

chefmeg said:
is that who the 'cool' girls are????;) Boy, are they going to be surprised to hear that!

Nope I already knew about my coolness......I pretty much rock.

Kitchen Diva said:

Get rid of all sugar & yeast in your diet right now! Go buy GOOD Acidophilus - get the kind that has to be refrigerated.

If you buy yogurt - make it plain yogurt - no added sugar. If you can find this brand: http://www.cascadefresh.com/ - it's the best. No added sugar - just fruit sweetened.

I have some experience with this, since I had to be on heavy-duty antibiotics for many weeks due to Lyme Disease.

Seriously - get rid of the sugar!

ChefBeckyD said:
Get rid of all sugar & yeast in your diet right now! Go buy GOOD Acidophilus - get the kind that has to be refrigerated.

If you buy yogurt - make it plain yogurt - no added sugar. If you can find this brand: Cascade Fresh : All Natural Yogurt - it's the best. No added sugar - just fruit sweetened.

I have some experience with this, since I had to be on heavy-duty antibiotics for many weeks due to Lyme Disease.

Oh my goodness Becky - you're going to ban Kacey from Sweet Tea?!?!?! :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:

If you buy yogurt - make it plain yogurt - no added sugar. If you can find this brand: Cascade Fresh : All Natural Yogurt - it's the best. No added sugar - just fruit sweetened.

Thanks, Becky! I'll get rid of the sugar, I have some stuff the pharmacist gave me from the last time I had heavy duty antibiotics. She asked me today if I was the one that needed that stuff about a year ago, and I said Yes...she said do you still have some, and I said yes, and she said, Good- you are gonna need it. I also have L-Glutamine (sp?), Ginger, Acidophilis, and something else... So I should be covered.

Oh my, Kacey! I turn off the computer to watch Last Comic Standing and I come back to 4 pages of this! Sending my prayers your way. As for the huge pill...we can send a man to the moon but we can't pack a bunch of medicine in a tinier package?? That's what I thought every time I had to swallow a prenatal vitamin :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Oh my goodness Becky - you're going to ban Kacey from Sweet Tea?!?!?! :eek:

the bad bacteria feeds on sugar.....if she wants to not get major sick, then yep! She's gotta kick the Sweet Tea habit!

katie0128 said:
Very nice, Chris. You get a gold star for figuring it out all by yourself! :D

Thanks!!! I will gladly take that star!! And honestly...I am really not this dumb...really. Or at least I don't think I am!!

Hope you get better soon! Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what's going on. Keep us updated! Prayers going up for you!
God bless,
Amanda

pampered.chris said:
Thanks!!! I will gladly take that star!! And honestly...I am really not this dumb...really. Or at least I don't think I am!!

You're hangin' out with all of us... you can't be that dumb!

Kacey - PROMISE you will go in tonight if it gets too bad. (..and have DH update us when he can if you can't get online!!!!)

You can have exploding cysts, but we don't want to deal with an exploding appendix. Much more yucky!

katie0128 said:
You're hangin' out with all of us... you can't be that dumb!

The best of the best right??

GeorgiaPeach said:
Oh my, Kacey! I turn off the computer to watch Last Comic Standing and I come back to 4 pages of this! Sending my prayers your way. As for the huge pill...we can send a man to the moon but we can't pack a bunch of medicine in a tinier package?? That's what I thought every time I had to swallow a prenatal vitamin :yuck:

No- these are BIGGER than a prenatal. Here are the dimensions of one pill-- ah to heck with the ruler, I was never any good with all those lines anyhow...
okay if you look at the back of your pinky finger...the pill is as big and as wide as the tip of my pinky finger to the first bend/knuckle...

I'm starting to doubt the whole man on the moon thing...here's why- pantyhose are still uncomfortable, pills are still too big and bra's aren't comfy either, nor do the shoulder straps ever stay up!

I promise I will go to the ER if the pain increases or the area where I hurt gets any larger.

And, I'll have DH keep you all updated too. :) Thanks for the concern guys, I'm off to bed now. :)

Those pills sound like the size of the one's I took when I had a really bad bladder infection. Almost impossible to get down.

Also had to take pill that turned my pee florescent orange.

Hey - I've had those, too! The pharmacist just happened to remind me before I left the store to keep my contacts out while I was on the meds or my contacts would turn orange as well.

katie0128 said:
Hey - I've had those, too! The pharmacist just happened to remind me before I left the store to keep my contacts out while I was on the meds or my contacts would turn orange as well.

What? Are you kidding?:eek:

That's what he said. I decided I really didn't want to have day-glo-orange eyes, so I took them puppies out! The meds were only for a few days, so I just wore my glasses.

So Becky, can I have fruit? Fruit has fructose in it... Also my protein shake has a SMALL amount of naturally occuring sugar in it. I can skip the sweet tea for 10 days and give up the rest of the sugar, I'll even not finish the small bag of gummi bears I just bought to make me feel better... but I need some sweets, so I'd like to be able to eat fruit. :) At least the fruit I'm not allegic to that is.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I just got up to take some advil for the pain, it's gotten a little stronger and has moved to my back. It it gets any stronger we'll be bordering on uncomfortable and that means a trip to the Emergency Room... I'll keep you guys posted.

I hope you're doing OK Kacey - I just got back from a call and am trying to wind down before bed...Had to deal with Moronica Dimwitz in person...an EMT who just happens to be named Monica...Anyway...thinking of you and hoping the pain subsides and you get some sleep. I need some too!

So, is Kacy sick from her stomach problems from what she thought the other day was from something she ate or is she having appendix problems? I ws reading in the shout box earlier and now am thinking she is a lot worse. what's going on?

ChefBeckyD said:

I'll second that Cascade Fresh is the best yogurt. Plain container is only 80 calories, 110 for the fat-free fruit flavors. The containers say "Activ8 your life" because there are 8 live cultures in the yogurt. I have severe acid reflux because the flap on the top of my stomach doesn't cover the opening, but this yogurt really helps. Only other product I've found that helps is Monavie.

As for sweet tea, you can still have it, you just need to use the good Stevia to sweeten it. (The good kind doesn't have the licorice aftertaste). Stevia is a natural sweetener that doesn't have the bad side effects of sugar. Both products can be found at specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods, Central Market, and Sprouts.

jrstephens said:
So, is Kacy sick from her stomach problems from what she thought the other day was from something she ate or is she having appendix problems? I ws reading in the shout box earlier and now am thinking she is a lot worse. what's going on?

She doesn't know yet, but it is highly possible it is appendix...she's in pain and I think still up but not severe enough to draw her to the ER yet.

She should have some test results tomorrow and she has some HUGE horse pills to take.

janetupnorth said:
She doesn't know yet, but it is highly possible it is appendix...she's in pain and I think still up but not severe enough to draw her to the ER yet.

She should have some test results tomorrow and she has some HUGE horse pills to take.

Ok thanks. I was confused and I wanted to find out before I go to bed. I am so sleepy I think I could just lay over on my computer! Cole is finally good and sleep, so, off I go too:indif:

Kitchen Diva said:
No- these are BIGGER than a prenatal. Here are the dimensions of one pill-- ah to heck with the ruler, I was never any good with all those lines anyhow...
okay if you look at the back of your pinky finger...the pill is as big and as wide as the tip of my pinky finger to the first bend/knuckle...

Don't be so sure! The latest trend in prenatals is to include the DHA, so now the trend is either to take 2 pills that are each an inch long, or one really big pill that matches your description above.

That and I forgot to say before that you are in my prayers!

<h2>1. What are the symptoms of the illness?</h2><p>The symptoms include intense pain in the lower right section of the abdomen, fever, hot flashes, shakiness, difficulty walking, and nausea.</p><h2>2. What did the doctor diagnose as the cause of the illness?</h2><p>The doctor believes it could either be appendicitis or an infection in the fallopian tube and ovary on the right side.</p><h2>3. What medication did the doctor prescribe?</h2><p>The doctor prescribed antibiotics to treat the infection.</p><h2>4. How did the pharmacist react to the size of the prescribed pills?</h2><p>The pharmacist laughed and suggested cutting the pills in half or even fourths in order to make them easier to swallow.</p><h2>5. What is the current status of the illness?</h2><p>The illness is being monitored and the person will receive the results of a white blood cell count and pregnancy test tomorrow. They are also waiting to see if the company they recently started working for will keep them or ask for another temporary employee.</p>

1. What are the symptoms of the illness?

The symptoms include intense pain in the lower right section of the abdomen, fever, hot flashes, shakiness, difficulty walking, and nausea.

2. What did the doctor diagnose as the cause of the illness?

The doctor believes it could either be appendicitis or an infection in the fallopian tube and ovary on the right side.

3. What medication did the doctor prescribe?

The doctor prescribed antibiotics to treat the infection.

4. How did the pharmacist react to the size of the prescribed pills?

The pharmacist laughed and suggested cutting the pills in half or even fourths in order to make them easier to swallow.

5. What is the current status of the illness?

The illness is being monitored and the person will receive the results of a white blood cell count and pregnancy test tomorrow. They are also waiting to see if the company they recently started working for will keep them or ask for another temporary employee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Fluffy215
  • General Chat
Replies