• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Picture of Haight Ashbury Sign

In summary, the Haight Ashbury Sign is a brightly colored landmark in San Francisco, California that marks the entrance to the famous Haight-Ashbury neighborhood. It holds significant cultural and historical value as it represents the counterculture movement of the 1960s and was declared an official landmark in 1979. While you can purchase a picture of the sign, the use of it in promotional materials requires prior permission.
cookingwithhart
My niece is my little hippy child so when I went to San Francisco I took pictures of some of the old homes of rockers and the H-A sign. Unfortunately, all the house are in portrait (wide) and the sign is in landscape (tall) so they won't fit in the frame. I've looked around on the internet and haven't found a picture I could download. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the sign in landscape they could send me?
Thanks,
Bonnie

I need the picture of the sign to be tall not wide. I guess I'm tired! Thanks

Last edited:
Go to Google
Click on "images"
type in "Haight Ashbury sign"
There are LOTS of them!When you click on a photo, at the top of the screen you will see a place to click where it says "see full size image"Once it loads, you can then right click & "save as" on your computer. :D

I think you have that backwards.Portrait is taller than it is wide.
Landscape is wider than it is tall.Which one are you wanting?

Last edited:
I do have it backwards! I want a picture with it tall. I've looked at pictures on Google, but the few I've found that are tall are copyright protected. I'm now looking at pictures on Trip Advisor, but there are over 17,000 and I've only found 1 picture of the sign and it was wide. I never thought this would be so hard!
Thanks for catching my mistake!

sanfran-haight-ashbury.jpg

sf_haight_ashbury_sign.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8072565.jpg

796884978_fa6cafe180.jpg

http://img7.travelblog.org/Photos/20367/363135/t/3732947-Haight-Ashbury-0.jpg

Thank you so much Sheila! I knew I could get help here!

What is the Haight Ashbury Sign?

The Haight Ashbury Sign is a landmark in San Francisco, California that marks the entrance to the famous Haight-Ashbury neighborhood. It is a brightly colored sign with the words "Haight Ashbury" written in bold letters.

Can I purchase a picture of the Haight Ashbury Sign?

Yes, you can purchase a picture of the Haight Ashbury Sign from various online retailers or souvenir shops in San Francisco. You can also take your own picture of the sign if you visit the neighborhood.

What is the significance of the Haight Ashbury Sign?

The Haight Ashbury Sign holds significant cultural and historical value as it represents the counterculture movement of the 1960s. It was a popular gathering spot for hippies, artists, and musicians during that time.

Is the Haight Ashbury Sign an official landmark?

Yes, the Haight Ashbury Sign was declared an official landmark by the San Francisco Landmark and Historic Preservation Advisory Board in 1979.

Can I use the Haight Ashbury Sign in my promotional materials?

The use of the Haight Ashbury Sign in promotional materials is not permitted without prior permission from the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department. You can contact them for more information on obtaining a permit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kathytnt