• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Please Remember My Dh in Your Prayers!! (Kind of Personal)

In summary, my husband is having problems with pain and doctors are not sure what it is. He is going to have a colonoscopy and MRI in the next few days.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
Lately my DH has been having several problems, beginning with some major pain under his left rib cage. He went to the doctors and he is thinking it could be colon cancer and scheduled a colonoscopy for the 12th (the soonest he could get in, another facility had a 2 month waiting list), the doctor did not give any pain meds. Two days later he was in more pain and called the doc again, and was told he needed a second evaluation. This doctor thinks it could be blocked blood vessels that go off the stomach and scheduled and MRA. Again no pain meds. He gets the paperwork for the colonoscopy the other day and it says he needs a complete physical prior to the procedure. So he goes to yet another doctor and this doctor thinks it's ulcers. So three docs, three diagnoses LOL Anyway, this morning he called me from work and he is having a, let's just say bloody situation. So he called the doctor and is waiting for a call back. So needless to say I am scared out of my wits and since I know the power of prayer and how great this site is for being there in a time of need I am turning to you now!!!

Praying for you and hubby.

Praying here too.

He probably should go to the ER. if he's got blood 'somewhere', it could be serious. You can't wait for a doctor when you're talking about that - especially in the bowels. (and personally, depending on where the blood is, I'd call an ambulance, not just drive there. He'll wait for HOURS in the waiting room.)Praying everything turns out ok!

I told him to go to the ER but he is a man and believes the doctor knows best LOL At least the bloodwork is being done at the hospital, but they will just take it and he will leave. Thank you for all your prayers, I know I need to stay strong however when he is not around I tend to break down A LOT. I just don't want him to see what this is doing to me because I know that it will not help him but to make him feel worse and worry more. While trying to stay positive, it's really hard when all you keep hearing is bad news.

Praying for you and your hubby Sandy.

I'm praying for you and your husband! I agree about getting him to the hospital though... and soon.

Prayers coming out of Jersey too...I hope him takes the advice and goes to the hospital...then he won't have to wait for the proper diagnoses and procedures/treatments. Hang in there!

Grrrrrr......I showed him how I am not the only one who says go the hospital but he thinks we are just a bunch of doomsday gals. He said he will wait until he hears news about the colonoscopy. Duh, that is in 5 days, a lot can happen in that time. The good news is the dr's office sent him to get blood work done in which he was to fast, good thing he didn't eat anything today before hand because of what happened. At no time did the doctors office ask if he had eaten anything. I sometimes think doctors are more stupid than we non educated folks are LOL Will keep you in the loop of any new developements, in the meantime keep the prayers coming :)

Prayers coming your way!

Prayers!!!

But - I had a similar attack right before the 4th of July (my poor DH almost called an ambulance, I stopped him as I have had these issues for 12 years - though not quite as bad as this last attack). When I started having rectal bleeding I went in to our local Urgent Care - I don't have insurance. I have never known what the intense pain in my left side was all about and I never had any other symptoms. At the Urgent Care the Dr there told me it was probably Diverticulitis. Google that and you will get a ton of great info.
It is not serious and 50% of American's over 50 have it, 90% over 80 have it. The best way to see for sure is to have a colonoscopy or an MRI (I think). All the Urgent Care Dr did was give me MAJOR antibiotics and had some blood work done. My blood work is right where it should be for this thing - I haven't done anything else as my symptoms are right on target. It took 4 days but I finally stopped bleeding and now I know what to do, what to avoid and what to watch for.

Just breath hon!! I'm thinking of you!

Prayers being said!!!

I'm praying.

Praying for you and hubby. Please keep us updated!

Well, DH heard back from doctor today regarding all the blood tests today and everything was fine, however he was not able to give them a sample at the time of the test so that has been done yet. But all the bloodwork came back fine. Doctor said not to worry about the bleeding unless it gets worse or he starts getting dizzy/light headed and or the pain in his abs gets much worse. I think this wait and see crap is going to age me 20 years LOL Come on Wednesday LOL

Thanks for the update, Sandy. That sounds a little odd to me, but I'm definitely not a medical professional. You'll both continue to be in my prayers.

1. How can I support your DH through prayer?

Thank you for your concern and willingness to support my DH through prayer. Simply keeping him in your thoughts and sending positive energy his way is greatly appreciated. You can also pray for his health, strength, and well-being.

2. What specifically should I pray for regarding your DH?

While I may not be able to share all of the details, please pray for my DH's specific needs, whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual. Pray for any challenges he may be facing and for strength to overcome them.

3. Can I add your DH to my church's prayer list?

Yes, you may absolutely add my DH to your church's prayer list. Knowing that he is being prayed for by a community of believers will bring much comfort and strength to him.

4. Is there anything else I can do to support your DH during this time?

Your prayers and positive thoughts are more than enough, but if you would like to do something more, you can send a card or message of encouragement to my DH. Knowing that others are thinking of him and rooting for his well-being will mean a lot to him.

5. How can I stay updated on your DH's progress and needs?

I appreciate your concern and desire to stay informed. I will do my best to keep those close to me updated on my DH's progress and needs, but please understand that some details may be kept private. Thank you for your understanding and continued support through prayer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef