• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relief and Setbacks: My Journey with Ear Infection on Day 7 of Antibiotics

In summary, Carolyn's ear is oozing, itching, and burning. She is also having a lot of trouble sleeping because of the itching. Her doctor is not open until Monday, and she is considering going to an urgent care clinic.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Today is day 7 of my antibiotics. Mid week my ear was looking and feeling much better...then the night before last it was itching really badly. I must have scratched it in my sleep from the itching...it started oozing again yesterday from the bottom hole. DH suggested I put a little Bacitracin on it (not Neosporin), so I did...now it is back to looking like it did a week ago. Oozing, itching, burning, aching. And the doctor is not open until Monday :(:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh no!

Why don't you just pop in and see the pharmacist? Lots of times they will be able to help you out.

Or maybe an Urgent Care Clinic?

what are we going to do with you???? I think the Urgent Care idea is a good one!

I hate the urgent-care places...I'll pop in and see the pharmacist today and make another appointment with the doctor on Monday. In the meantime, I have a little bobby-pin keeping my hair off that ear (otherwise the hairs get caught in the crusty pus...nice, huh?) and I put a baggie in my purse with alcohol soaked cotton balls so I can keep my ear clean while at my sons' soccer games this morning. This sucks.

I feel so bad for you my Crusty Carolyn!! Glad that you will be taking care of it as you have said. Keep us up to date on it. I don't want you to have to cut it off lke Van Gough.:eek:

Are you allergic to any of the ingredients in Bactricin or Neosporin? I know I can't use those because I am very allergic to one of the ingredients, which meant sores got a whole lot worse.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I was about to add the same as Trish.

Are you allergic to cephlasporin?

Do what you are doing, go to the doctor again, but also take a dose of Benadryl if you not allergic to that. (Don't take a big dose if you are driving since it makes you tired).

Keep it clean and dry but don't use soaps or other irritants, only what the doctor director.

...hope it feels better...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Maybe we should just cut her head off.

Or at least the offending ear? ;)

If thy ear offends thee...:D

Trish1953 said:
Are you allergic to any of the ingredients in Bactricin or Neosporin? I know I can't use those because I am very allergic to one of the ingredients, which meant sores got a whole lot worse.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I know I am allergic to Neosporin - that's part of what got me here in the first palce. I didn't realize there are similar ingredients in Bacitracin. But, the ear started going south again before I did the Bacitracin yesterday. Oy - what a mess....

Like we said, we have a solution...:D ...it would save money on earrings... :rolleyes:

How is it doing now? ...and consider some Benadryl now that you are back home.

Here's what you'll look like at conference.In fact, this could be your new avatar!
BloodBathMcGrath.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Here's what you'll look like at conference.

In fact, this could be your new avatar!

BloodBathMcGrath.jpg

How do you know that's not what I look like now?
I haven't sent out a new pic in a few days - LOL:yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Like we said, we have a solution...:D ...it would save money on earrings... :rolleyes:

How is it doing now? ...and consider some Benadryl now that you are back home.

I don't have any benadryl in the house - plan to go pick some up later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion...

Carolyn...if you grow facial hair THAT fast...well, um...

dannyzmom said:
I don't have any benadryl in the house - plan to go pick some up later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion...

We keep children's chewable Benadryl in the house always. That way if there is an emergency we have the dose for the kids and for adults you just double it.

I hope it helps!!!! If your ear is reacting to the ointment, it should.

dannyzmom said:
How do you know that's not what I look like now?
I haven't sent out a new pic in a few days - LOL:yuck:
They've come a long way in prosthetics - and in the general (so to speak) theme of that movie, the horn should be steam powered.

It's the anti-rejection drugs that cause the facial hair growth.

1. How long does it usually take for antibiotics to start working for an ear infection?

The time it takes for antibiotics to start working for an ear infection can vary from person to person. However, on average, most people start to see some improvement within the first 24-48 hours of starting the medication.

2. What are some common symptoms of an ear infection?

The most common symptoms of an ear infection include ear pain, difficulty hearing, and a feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear. Other symptoms may include fever, drainage from the ear, and dizziness.

3. Can an ear infection go away on its own without antibiotics?

In some cases, an ear infection may go away on its own without the need for antibiotics. However, it is always best to consult with a doctor to determine the best course of treatment for your specific case.

4. Is it normal to still have symptoms after 7 days of antibiotics?

It is not uncommon to still have some symptoms after 7 days of antibiotics. It can take some time for the infection to completely clear up. If your symptoms persist or worsen, it is important to follow up with your doctor for further evaluation.

5. Can I prevent future ear infections?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent ear infections, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk. These include practicing good hygiene, avoiding exposure to cigarette smoke, and keeping your ears clean and dry. It is also important to address any underlying conditions, such as allergies, that may contribute to ear infections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • lockhartkitchen