• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Returns After 30-Day Free Shipping: Real Story

In summary, a customer who attended a show in October wants to return some items, but due to shipping delays and misunderstanding about product contents, she now has to pay for the return. The customer is from overseas, doesn't speak English well, and is the wife of the host's boss. She is returning a 3 tier stand and a deep covered baker, but keeping a food chopper. The consultant is unsure if Home Office will adjust her commission, but suggests offering the customer a show to possibly secure a booking.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a customer that attended a show back in the middle of October that wants to return some things. The show shipped the end of October which means the free 30 day shipping ended the end of November. She never received her products until the 18th of November because although it arrived to me on the 4th, the host was at Disney until the 14th and didn't contact me until the 17th (at which time I promptly delivered - it was a $1000 show! Tons of boxes at my place for two weeks). So now she has to pay for the return. For whatever reason she doesn't seem to have a problem with that thank goodness!

However, she wants to return her 3 tier stand and DCB which are two of the three things she ordered. Only thing she wants to keep is her food chopper (third and final product ordered). She had never been to or heard of PC shows before. She's from somewhere overseas and doesn't speak English very well. She's the wife of a dentist and the dentist is my host's boss so it was nice that the boss's wife showed!

She says that she didn't realize the 3 tier stand didn't come with the squares/bowls shown and it was too expensive for JUST a stand and so I explained our free 30 day shipping and to let me know if she still wanted to return at her expense and I'd get a reference number for her. She emails back and says no problem, yes I do and the DCB isn't big enough for my family since I make 2 chickens at a time or a very large roast so I'm only going to keep the food chopper. So her return before 14% tax is $138.75 of a $178.75 before shipping and taxes order!!! Will HO have a problem with this? I know they don't adjust the host benefits after the fact but will they adjust MY commission? Anyone know?

So much for her "maybe" booking in January now. She seems very disgruntled with the products not being what they seem. I'm hoping my GREAT customer service (although she was pokey and now will have to pay shipping on those large and heavy products :eek: ) will make up for it and she can find some other things she'll like so I can still convince her to have a show ;)

Last edited:
Unless it's different in Canada, Home office will NOT adjust your commission!! That's one of the many great things about Pampered Chef!!

That being said, is there any way she'd consider a show for you if you offered to buy her the SA bowls for her stand? It wouldn't reduce her shipping costs by a huge amount, since the DCB is so heavy, but it would help a little, at least, and might just get you a booking, too!!

Best of luck!
Paula

kcjodih said:
I have a customer that attended a show back in the middle of October that wants to return some things. The show shipped the end of October which means the free 30 day shipping ended the end of November. She never received her products until the 18th of November because although it arrived to me on the 4th, the host was at Disney until the 14th and didn't contact me until the 17th (at which time I promptly delivered - it was a $1000 show! Tons of boxes at my place for two weeks). So now she has to pay for the return. For whatever reason she doesn't seem to have a problem with that thank goodness!

However, she wants to return her 3 tier stand and DCB which are two of the three things she ordered. Only thing she wants to keep is her food chopper (third and final product ordered). She had never been to or heard of PC shows before. She's from somewhere overseas and doesn't speak English very well. She's the wife of a dentist and the dentist is my host's boss so it was nice that the boss's wife showed!

She says that she didn't realize the 3 tier stand didn't come with the squares/bowls shown and it was too expensive for JUST a stand and so I explained our free 30 day shipping and to let me know if she still wanted to return at her expense and I'd get a reference number for her. She emails back and says no problem, yes I do and the DCB isn't big enough for my family since I make 2 chickens at a time or a very large roast so I'm only going to keep the food chopper. So her return before 14% tax is $138.75 of a $178.75 before shipping and taxes order!!! Will HO have a problem with this? I know they don't adjust the host benefits after the fact but will they adjust MY commission? Anyone know?

So much for her "maybe" booking in January now. She seems very disgruntled with the products not being what they seem. I'm hoping my GREAT customer service (although she was pokey and now will have to pay shipping on those large and heavy products :eek: ) will make up for it and she can find some other things she'll like so I can still convince her to have a show ;)

jodi
how close to cdn head office are u?
cud you get the product from her and take it there? our directors dh works in markham and drops off our returns for us
and if you can't do it what about her? a trip to markham has got to be cheaper than the cost of shipping.
just a thought :)

1. What is the policy for returning items after the 30-day free shipping period?

Our policy states that items can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. However, after the free shipping period has ended, a restocking fee of 15% will be applied to the refund.

2. Can I exchange the item instead of getting a refund?

Yes, we do offer exchanges for items that are returned after the 30-day free shipping period. However, the restocking fee of 15% will still apply.

3. What if the item I received is damaged or defective?

If the item you received is damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team within 30 days of receiving the item. We will provide a full refund or exchange at no additional cost.

4. Do I need to pay for return shipping?

If the reason for the return is due to a damaged or defective item, we will provide a prepaid shipping label for the return. However, if you are returning the item for any other reason, the cost of return shipping will be your responsibility.

5. Can I return an item that was purchased as a gift?

Yes, you can return an item that was purchased as a gift. However, the refund will be issued to the original form of payment and not to the gift recipient. The restocking fee of 15% will also apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmelody