• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Customer - Long Story

She cancels because she has to go out of town for work. We are now trying to reschedule. I sent her the specials, she's excited, yada yada. I also told her I had not given away the press and if she reaches level 2, I will throw in the press. SO THEN, she wants to know "can I get some credit for the cookie press that has just never worked? "I reply I am not sure what she means. How long has she had it? It has a 1 year warranty...and I get this..."it never worked ....always had a problem with the dough not coming out of the press....
Patty Davis
VERY LONG - sorry!!

I had a home office lead before Christmas who had the old cookie press and couldn't find her recipe, and could never get it to work anyway. I sent her the current recipe. She doesn't remember who/what/when she got the press.

MUCH communication later, during which I gave her EVERY tip known for the press, she says that is the only PC product she is not that impressed with. I HATED the old cookie press and LOVE the new one. I commiserated and told her how much easier the new one was for me to use, and that the only thing left is to get the new one. I had an extra one I had gotten and was trying to book for triple points, so I offered to give her the new one and demo it if she had a show within the triple points week. We schedule a show. I told her several times that I was ONLY offering a bonus during that period of time.

She cancels because she has to go out of town for work. We are now trying to reschedule. I sent her the specials, she's excited, yada yada. I also told her I had not given away the press and if she reaches level 2, I will throw in the press. SO THEN, she wants to know "can I get some credit for the cookie press that has just never worked? "

I reply I am not sure what she means. How long has she had it? It has a 1 year warranty...

and I get this...
"it never worked ....always had a problem with the dough not coming out of the press....it was redesigned for a reason.....I do not remember when I bought it.....I have only used it twice....that's why I asked u for a good reciepe......"

She is very hard to get a hold of by phone and most of our communication is via e-mail.

I really am not sure what to respond. She hasn't told me what she wants, so I don't know if I can accommodate her. But I don't want her thinking I am going to give her the moon! PC already does that!! I threw in an extra star!

So, here is my response. I have not sent it. Still mulling it over. What do you think? I want to be helpful, but am not going to let her run my business.

"Returns/exchanges for dissatisfaction with a product have to be made within the warranty period. Here is the number for the Solution Center, and they may be able to research for you and figure out when you bought it and if it is still in warranty. 1-800-687-2433.

Pampered Chef restyles products when a better design has been developed, as they are continually trying to improve our product line. I understand your frustration with the old style. I was not able to use it very easily myself, although I know lots of people who could. Which is why I am so excited by the new design. I generally do not offer bonus products to my hosts, as Pampered Chef's Host program is so generous. The extra one that I have is something I paid for out of my pocket, not something that Pampered Chef offers.

I am not happy with the last part especially. What do you think?

I think that is good
then say as a thank-you for booking a show with me the new cookie press is the gift that i am going to give you , i am sure at the end of the show we have together you will be very hapy with all of the free shopping spree you will get and the bonus cookie press

Patty Davis said:
VERY LONG - sorry!!

I had a home office lead before Christmas who had the old cookie press and couldn't find her recipe, and could never get it to work anyway. I sent her the current recipe. She doesn't remember who/what/when she got the press.

MUCH communication later, during which I gave her EVERY tip known for the press, she says that is the only PC product she is not that impressed with. I HATED the old cookie press and LOVE the new one. I commiserated and told her how much easier the new one was for me to use, and that the only thing left is to get the new one. I had an extra one I had gotten and was trying to book for triple points, so I offered to give her the new one and demo it if she had a show within the triple points week. We schedule a show. I told her several times that I was ONLY offering a bonus during that period of time.

She cancels because she has to go out of town for work. We are now trying to reschedule. I sent her the specials, she's excited, yada yada. I also told her I had not given away the press and if she reaches level 2, I will throw in the press. SO THEN, she wants to know "can I get some credit for the cookie press that has just never worked? "

I reply I am not sure what she means. How long has she had it? It has a 1 year warranty...

and I get this...
"it never worked ....always had a problem with the dough not coming out of the press....it was redesigned for a reason.....I do not remember when I bought it.....I have only used it twice....that's why I asked u for a good reciepe......"

She is very hard to get a hold of by phone and most of our communication is via e-mail.

I really am not sure what to respond. She hasn't told me what she wants, so I don't know if I can accommodate her. But I don't want her thinking I am going to give her the moon! PC already does that!! I threw in an extra star!

So, here is my response. I have not sent it. Still mulling it over. What do you think? I want to be helpful, but am not going to let her run my business.

"Returns/exchanges for dissatisfaction with a product have to be made within the warranty period. Here is the number for the Solution Center, and they may be able to research for you and figure out when you bought it and if it is still in warranty. 1-800-687-2433.

Pampered Chef restyles products when a better design has been developed, as they are continually trying to improve our product line. I understand your frustration with the old style. I was not able to use it very easily myself, although I know lots of people who could. Which is why I am so excited by the new design. I generally do not offer bonus products to my hosts, as Pampered Chef's Host program is so generous. The extra one that I have is something I paid for out of my pocket, not something that Pampered Chef offers.

I am not happy with the last part especially. What do you think?

I like what you drafted to her and agree that the last part is a little awkward. I would cut out the "I generally do not offer bonus products" part to the end.

My suggestions:
1. "let me know what the Solution Center tells you about returning/exchanging the old press." That puts it in her hands to actually do something about it and have HO tell her that it's beyond warranty. When they do this...
2. "Since you're not able to exchange the old press directly with the company, I'm not able to accept it either. However, I will give you the new press for free when your show reaches XXX or you can purchase it for half-price (or whatever amount you want) when your show is at least $200 (or whatever). You are getting credit for an old product. You're getting an additional XXX in free product or an additional half-price option with your show." Something like that puts it into words that she wants to hear but is what you originally offered her.

The new press is already on the table as part of your negotiating with her. Don't put anything else on the table. You're being more than nice. Repeat the generous host benefits. If she wants to host, she will. If she keeps jerking your chain, bless and release. Keep us posted.

How about the last line saying, "My offer to you for the new cookie press is something I am wanting to do for you as a courtesy. It is not paid for by the company. The Pampered Chef truly has a very generous Host Benefits program, and it is my hope that you will be able to obtain many new products for free and at a great discount."Maybe?

Yeah, I think I like the wording the others used. (I hadn't seen them before I posted.)

I would throw in the part about not being able to accept returns up front, when you advise her to call HO.

Great advice!! Thanks so much!What do you think:
"Returns/exchanges for dissatisfaction with a product have to be made within the warranty period. Here is the number for the Solution Center, and they may be able to research for you and figure out when you bought it and if it is still in warranty. 1-800-687-2433. Consultants are not authorized to make exchanges or returns. Please let me know what the Solution Center tells you about returning/exchanging the old press.Pampered Chef restyles products when a better design has been developed, as they are continually trying to improve our product line. I understand your frustration with the old style. I was not able to use it very easily myself, although I know lots of people who could. Which is why I am so excited by the new design. I generally do not offer bonus products to my hosts, as Pampered Chef's Host program is so generous. As an extra thank-you for booking a show with me, the new cookie press is the gift that I am going to give you when you reach Level 2. I am sure at the end of the show we have together, you will be very happy with all of the free products shopping spree you will get and the bonus cookie press."

Sounds good!

That sounds great. Friendly and professional and that you look forward to working with her. ;)

the number is 888-687-2433 (not 800)

DebbieJ said:
the number is 888-687-2433 (not 800)

Oops! thanks for catching that! Ok, well I guess I am sending it...

Ok, still thinking about what you have all said...added the stuff in purple to clarify and to use some of her wording...How is this?
"Returns/exchanges for dissatisfaction with a product have to be made within the warranty period to the company. Here is the number for the Solution Center, and they may be able to research for you and figure out when you bought it and if it is still in warranty. 1-888-687-2433. Consultants are not authorized to make exchanges or returns. Please let me know what the Solution Center tells you about returning/exchanging the old press.Pampered Chef restyles products when a better design has been developed, as they are continually trying to improve our product line. I understand your frustration with the old style. I was not able to use it very easily myself, although I know lots of people who could. Which is why I am so excited by the new design. I generally do not offer bonus products to my hosts, as Pampered Chef's Host program is so generous. As an extra thank-you for booking a show with me, the new cookie press is the gift that I am going to give you when you reach Level 2. In essence, you are getting extra credit for the old one, as I will replace it for you and you won’t have to use your free product value to replace it. I am sure at the end of the show we have together, you will be very happy with all of the free products shopping spree you will get and the bonus cookie press."

Patty Davis said:
Ok, still thinking about what you have all said...added the stuff in purple to clarify and to use some of her wording...

How is this?
"Returns/exchanges for dissatisfaction with a product have to be made within the warranty period to the company. Here is the number for the Solution Center, and they may be able to research for you and figure out when you bought it and if it is still in warranty. 1-888-687-2433. Consultants are not authorized to make exchanges or returns. Please let me know what the Solution Center tells you about returning/exchanging the old press.

Pampered Chef restyles products when a better design has been developed, as they are continually trying to improve our product line. I understand your frustration with the old style. I was not able to use it very easily myself, although I know lots of people who could. Which is why I am so excited by the new design.

I generally do not offer bonus products to my hosts, as Pampered Chef's Host program is so generous. As an extra thank-you for booking a show with me, the new cookie press is the gift that I am going to give you when you reach Level 2. In essence, you are getting extra credit for the old one, as I will replace it for you and you won’t have to use your free product value to replace it. I am sure at the end of the show we have together, you will be very happy with all of the free products shopping spree you will get and the bonus cookie press."

I think what you have here is the PERFECT response :)

Ok! Sending it and going to bed! G'night and THANK YOU ALL!

WEEEELLLLLL, I sent in Tuesday night and have not heard back. Bless and release!!

Ok, so I sent her a follow-up e-mail this morning asking if everything was ok and had she checked her calendar for the date we talked about. She replied that date wasn't going to work, how about the 21st? I was SO excited to get to reply that the ONLY Sunday I had available was her original date. It really is! So, she CALLED me and we set a date for a different night of the week. She said she does still want to get the cookie press. Better get a bunch of orders, lady! Thanks for all of your advice!

Keep us posted. If she really comes through, it will need to be noted as a small miracle, but it can be done with good host coaching.

1. How can I get help with a long story about my order?

Our customer service team is available to assist with any inquiries or concerns regarding your order. You can reach them by phone at 1-800-266-5562 or through our online chat service. Please provide as much detail as possible about your story so we can best assist you.

2. Can I speak to a specific representative about my long story?

If you have previously spoken to a specific representative and would like to continue working with them, you can request to speak with them again when contacting our customer service team. However, if they are unavailable, another representative will be happy to assist you.

3. How long will it take to resolve my long story?

The time it takes to resolve a long story may vary depending on the specific details and circumstances. Our team will work diligently to address your concerns and find a solution in a timely manner.

4. Can I get a refund for my order due to a long story?

Refunds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If your long story involves a product that was damaged or not as described, we may be able to offer a refund. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

5. Can I change or cancel my order due to a long story?

If your order has not yet been processed or shipped, we may be able to make changes or cancel it. However, if your order has already been shipped, we cannot make any changes. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • angmillar